Tv and Remote curse...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Apex, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008

Tv and Remote curse... by Apex at 9:08 PM (2,127 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Apex
    OP

Member Apex GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    I moved into my dorm, and brought with me, only my PS2 system, modded with the memento memory card, looking foreword to some gaming before classes start. My roommate agrees to bring the television since mine is hardly appropriate for travel. I set it up, and get ready for some gaming goodness, when all of a sudden I realize that the TV forces you to use a remote to switch into video mode. No big deal right? WRONG, he brought some kind of universal remote doohickey-majigg, that I've been attempting to pair up with the television for like five hours to no avail. ACCURSED REMOTE FROM HADES, it keeps me from my beloved PS2... WHO MAKES TELEVISIONS THAT CAN'T SWITCH TO VIDEO MODE WITHOUT A REMOTE!?! I'm doomed to begging people in my hall for remote usage each time I want to play a video game... WHY MUST THEY TO THIS TO ME?!

/me cries.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Anyone else hate how sometimes electronics force you to have something else in order to use all of their features? It's like ipods and itunes, only you don't just need itunes, you need Quicktime too! It's like a videogame system not coming with a game! You just shelled out the cash for the system, the least they could do is include SOMETHING for you to play with it! I swear, the industry just assumes you're made out of money. DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM, F*** THE MAN! /ramt

2. Bake

Member Bake GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Yeah, I hate that. Once I was playing with options on TV then I lost the remote and I watched it with really bright picture. That happened around 11 pm and I had some troubles with my lights and I couldn't turn them ON so I watched TV with really bright picture in dark. I can't miss my dr. House.

3. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    This could be a far off shot... but have you gone down to channel 2, and hitting "down channel" again? Some TVs (usually older though :-\) let you get there by going below ch. 2.

Just a though.

4. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    You could just go to Big Lots buy another universal remote. It comes with all the pass codes. If you want to try you can tell me your tv type (sony or whatever) and I could try giving you a code that came with my universal remote. Hopefully all universal remotes use the same code.

5. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    I would really try to mess around with the buttons on the front or side of the tv itself. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing was a hunk of junk but I also wouldn't be surprised if you could find your way into the menu screen and MAYBE there is an option to switch the video mode there...

Good luck and happy gaming. + also...get to know your teachers if you plan on going to graduate school...if you don't you will really regret it. =X

6. Apex
    OP

Member Apex GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    I've attempted checking every single channel, every combination of buttons on the the television front, there is nothing you can mess with in the back of the TV, and I have tried every single product settings for the remote to work on that television. Apparently that brand of television is known for it's malfunctioning IR receiver. We may just need another boobtube all together.

7. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Haha, your dorm TV is like mine. I make damn sure I know where the remote is, but at least this time around I'm not going to watch actual TV on it, so no big deal if the remote turns up missing.

8. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Or you could google the universal remote you have now and get the code, it worked for me it can work for you. [​IMG]