[Tutorial] Using Luma3DS + Gateway on B9S

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Temptress Cerise, Jun 21, 2016.

1. rharesh

rharesh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    India
    Have a question, i just installed luma3ds on my old3dsxl console which was on firmware4.5, after installing Luma3ds i updated the luma3ds sysnand to latest firmware, now my cfw sysnand is at sys-11.10, can i use this guide to boot my gateway card ? and launch emunand v9.2 of gateway from my other SD card? or will it break everything ?

2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    it won't be 9.2 but like 10.3 regardless yes dual booting either luma or gateway is still possible

3. rharesh

rharesh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    India
    how do i do it.. my current luma3ds firmware is sys11.10

4. Loveday

Loveday Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    Brazil
    Hello, good night and sorry for my dumb questions.
    I am trying to install Luma on my 3ds, so I can use gateway again, the problem is that I got stuck in the provided guide, more specifically in the part about "Copy SafeB9SInstaller.firm from the SafeB9SInstaller .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card" because I dont have Luma installed, so I dont have this folder.
    My questions are,
    1. To install Luma, I need to first install B9S? Or is the contrary?
    2. And how do I install Luma? The github of Luma provides to little information, and I cant find anywhere how to install properly.
    3. Like, I downloaded Luma from the github, the archives of that zip are to be put directly inside the sd card? All of them? Exactly like that? Or there just one thing?
    4. And how exactly I can get "boot.firm" from that? I searched the entire zip, and still...
    5. That path "/luma/payloads" is created by the instalation of Luma, or by me manually?
    Any help wil be much apreciated! I really want to use my 3ds again, but I cant go foward without knowing what to do or not.

5. Temptress Cerise
    OP

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/

As for keeping GW, you'll need to downgrade your EmuNAND to the last working version for it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise, Jul 20, 2019
  6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    You will need to create an emunand and downgrade it to 11.2 then you can use this guide

Last edited by wormdood, Jul 20, 2019
  7. Loveday

Loveday Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    Brazil
    Thank you! I was using the guide, but aparently I was in the wrong section; going from the start helped me.

8. rharesh

rharesh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    India
    Basically i got this working... i used another sdcard and injected my emunand backup and copied files of Luma and godmode9 from my original sd card which i prepared following the guide from https://3ds.hacks.guide/.

So basically by second sdhc card was copy of first with all folders used to hack the 3ds and with homebrew luma3ds10.1 and godmode9. then i followed another guide and copied files as instructed and placed the payload in luma/payloads and boot_config.ini in root of sdcard thats it

Power on console and hold the down arrow make sure gateway card is in slot and you HAVE EMUNAND in sd it will boot to emunand.. if you have only SYSNAD dont even try or you will brick your console or have a ofw written

i followed this guide for gateway only https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tuto-utilizar-gateway-3ds-con-sighax-b9s_2236028

Good luck.. Note you can still use gateway but only for playing .3ds games off the cart.. dont do anything else in emunand else you will loose your b9s... i use it for playing my .3ds games and i play cia also.. however cia suckers take a long time to install :P

Loveday likes this.
  9. Loveday

Loveday Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    Brazil
    Hi! Thank you! That did work for me! Just a question though, can I still install fbi so I be able to install dlcs in mode gateway-emunand without losing b9s? Or better not?

10. rharesh

rharesh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    India
    Like I said, don't do anything in emunand just use it to play your gateway cart.. use luma3ds sysnand for installing CIA's etc... But not in emunand to be on safer side use different sdcard... Like I have a seperate sdhc card with luma3ds, fbi and CIA's installed and I have another card setup with emunand only for gateway...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Loveday likes this.
  11. Loveday

Loveday Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    Brazil
    Thank you for your answer! I will do that as well then.

12. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2010
    Did Luma 10.0 break anything on the dual boot?

13. rharesh

rharesh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    India
    Nope I am using the latest nothing broken

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk