1. ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I tried that, and it still didn't work.

2. JJTapia19

OP JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

Puerto Rico
    @meladroit Added your oot3dhax installer with JPN payload! Thanks a lot :yay:
    Try replacing the boot.3dsx that's on the root of your sd card with the one fixed thats linked in this smealum tweet. I'm not sure if it's the same @LinkFan2.0 recommended but give it a try. This should also fix the problems you are having with CHMM . Hope it works!
    Tweet link here:
    https://twitter.com/smealum/status/633480944146448385

Last edited by JJTapia19, Sep 2, 2015
  3. modofit

modofit Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey it looks totally awesome but I'm in need of some help as when I get to opening youtube the first time I select old 9.9 and click ok.
    The app then crashes but when I re open it it doesn't go to the homebrew menu it only brings up an option to change the firmware, and when I click on the select firmware button it displays new 9.9
    Any idea why this may be the case?

4. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    Hmm when you get to the select firmware screen do you see all of the options or only new 9.9? If you see all of the options make sure to select the one for your region by scrolling down if it's not US. Maybe that is what's causing it to crash. Let me know if it works.

5. modofit

modofit Newbie
    Newcomer

Sorry yeah I had a friend point out to me my error haha, but thanks so much!! It works absolutely amazingly!

6. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    You're welcome :)

7. PKMWM1

PKMWM1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm having a huge problem with this program. Whenever I launch the youtube app it just stays on the white screen and eventually throws the error code 006-0803 and it happens every time. Is it a problem with the homebrew or Nintendo servers

8. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    Do you get to see a button that says change firmware version on the bottom screen when you open the youtube app?

9. PKMWM1

PKMWM1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No, it just stays on a plain white screen, then throws the error code.

10. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    Try taping where the change firmware version button is supposed to be while in the white screen. Then select you corect version and be really careful about model (new or old) version and region. Hope it works.
    [​IMG]

11. TheWon

TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    JJTapia19 Just wanted to say thank you for this thread. Finally gotten my custom themes to work!

JJTapia19 likes this.
  12. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Last edited by JJTapia19, May 27, 2016
  13. Hoang Tran

Hoang Tran Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi and thank you for making this guide. It was really helpful.

I have installed TubeHax and OOTHax perfectly fine to be used on my o3ds xl 9.9 emunand (since system nand does not have youtube/ironfall).

I have a n3ds xl on 9.0 and 9.0 emunand and either one does not have youtube/ironfall.

I tried OOTHax on o3ds xl system nand (without youtube/ironfall) and it doesn't work.
    I tried OOTHax on n3ds xl (without youtube/ironfall) and it doesn't work.

The only time OOTHax works would be when I use it on o3ds xl emunand which has tubehax installed.

My question is, must I have youtube/ironfall installed in order to run OOTHax ? If that is the case, then what is the point of OOTHax ?

Thanks for reading.

JJTapia19 likes this.
  14. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    I'm glad you found this guide helpful!
    As for your oothax problem. Oothax it's supposed to work even if you don't have ironhax or tubehax installed on the 3ds but you'll need to install the hax to your oot game using tubehax on the 3ds you got it working. You'll also need the boot.3dsx on the root of the sd card of each 3ds.
    I recommend doing this.

1.Run the second oot3dhax avalible on this guide (the one that haves jpn support) then run it using tube hax on your old 3ds xl that's on 9.9.
    2.When selecting the save slot choose 1.
    3.When it ask you for your 3ds model select old and put the corresponding firmware version and region of the old 3ds xl without youtube and ironfall and install it.
    4.press start when the installation finished to return to the hombrew launcher.
    5.Select oot3dhax again.
    6.When it ask you to choose a slot select slot 2.
    7.When it ask you for your 3ds model select new and put the corresponding firmware version and region of the New 3ds xl without youtube and ironfall and install it.

Make sure you have downloaded the starter kit and it's on both of the 3ds sd card. They should both have a boot.3dsx on the root of the sd card.

Now you can use the same zelda game on both of your 3ds for the old one select slot 1 And for the new one select slot 2. It should work. :yay:

15. Hoang Tran

Hoang Tran Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Now I understand why it didnt work in o3ds xl system nand and new 3ds xl.

Now my n3ds XL and o3ds xl both system nand without youtube/ironfall works! OOTHax ftw :D

Thank you very much.
    Much appreciated.

Edit again

There seems to be a slight problem. Been going about this for the past hour or so.

On my OOT Cartridge, Save 1 = n3ds xl. Save 2 = o3ds xl.

On my n3ds xl, it works 100% fine when I select Save 1. On my o3ds xl, it does not work when I select Save 2. What happens is that the top screen changes to black looking like its about to load up the homebrew launcher HOWEVER it does not. It kicks me out into the Home Menu 100% of the time.

So what I did was on the n3ds xl, I load up the homebrew launcher and I reinstalled the oot3dhax to Save 2 again.

Now my o3ds xl works 100% of the time whenever I select Save 2.

Now my new 3ds xl does not work when I select Save 1. It does the samething, however now its vice versa.

It seems to me that even though the Zelda Cartridge contains Save 1 for n3ds xl, and save 2 for o3ds xl that is not the case.

Because as I am typing this right now, I have re installed the oot hax to Save 1 again to work on n3ds xl.

Remember, Save 2 is still suppose to be for o3ds that was just working before.

Scenario right now, I load up the n3ds xl. Save 1 slot works 100% fine. I load up the n3ds xl once more and hit Save 2 slot just for the hell of it. It loads up 100% fine now too :\

So in the end, the Zelda cartridge can only work with whatever ONE system/firmware I have selected during the LAST installation of oot3dhax? And that trying to separate Save 1 for n3ds xl and Save 2 o3ds xl doesn't work because it becomes the samething at the end.

If I want to make it work on the o3ds xl, I have to reinstall oot3dshax. If I decide to make it work for the n3ds xl, I have to reinstall the oot3dshax since separating the Save doesn't work unless Im doing something wrong?

Can someone clarify this if their Save 1 and Save 2 on 1 Zelda Cartridge for 2 separate systems/firmware work?

(Not a big deal or anything, just curious as to why separating the saves isnt working and for convenience of course)

Thanks for reading. I hope what I wrote down is not confusing :s

Last edited by Hoang Tran, Sep 14, 2015
  16. Darklugn

Darklugn Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Help me please, when I launch YouTube it crash. I tried to change frimware but it show me only 1 option, v 10 and no others versions, so I cant change it (some times it crash even without giving a chance to change). Any help pleas?

Last edited by Darklugn, Sep 16, 2015
  17. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    Ok try this. Keep trying until you get to see the option v10 and then tap on it. A drop down list with the other firmwares should appear. Hope it works.

18. Darklugn

Darklugn Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Well, it kind of helped me but youtube keep crashing (sometimes without reseting 3ds). Is that because my 3ds is europe while all options is for USA?

19. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    Scroll down a little more. The options for EUR should be available.

20. Darklugn

Darklugn Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Lol, I though that you cant scroll :) Okay, now it work and everything is fine, thanks a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial]The, Homebrew, Launcher