1. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Question,

For custom themes installation, the files named body_LZ.bin and bgm.bcstm inside the folder named menuhax_manager should be like this?

SD:/3ds/menuhax_manager/YourThemeName/body_LZ.bin
    SD:/3ds/menuhax_manager/YourThemeName/bgm.bcstm ?

2. JJTapia19

OP JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

Puerto Rico
    You were close but it is like this:
    SD:/3ds/menuhax_manager/body_LZ.bin
    SD:/3ds/menuhax_manager/bgm.bcstm

Hello from Manati!

Last edited by JJTapia19, Feb 8, 2016
    KytuzuEX likes this.
  3. KytuzuEX

Thanks!

Hello from San Juan XD

4. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    You can also check out this app to install themes located on SD:/Themes/YourThemeName/body_LZ.bin ich is the default chmm location with homemenuhax without the need of moving each theme at a time if you plan of changing it from time to time.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinker-shuffle-menuhax-theme-manager.407445/

KytuzuEX likes this.
  5. Brodius

Brodius Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I can no longer connect my 3DS to my computer network; did the latest update do that???

6. pokemonshuffler12345

pokemonshuffler12345 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you mean the system update. the update does not prevent you from connecting to your network, either your network/router is slow or blocking the connection.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you mean the system update. the update does not prevent you from connect.

One more thing does theme menu still work after the update or its dead. Right now im using browser hax, i dont know when they are going to block that.

7. pokemonshuffler12345

pokemonshuffler12345 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this thread seems dead, anyways there was a forced update to 10.6.0-31u now, it was to prevent browser hax from working. Is it only those with the hardcopies of the pulled games can use hax.

8. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    The thread ia only outdated with the 10.6 stuff that came out yesterday. I'll update it today. The new update blocks browserhax and menuhax, if you rely on oothax you must update the payload to 10.6 before updating. Cubic ninja can be reinstalled after the update.

9. E-Kadaj

E-Kadaj Newbie
    Newcomer

Hello guys! I'm helping a friend with the installation of CFW on her new 2ds, but I'm getting an error. The 2ds it's on system version 6.0.0-12U. I copied the boot.3dsx as instructed and used the QR Code to go to the exploit site. Once I do this I'm able to see the slider bar on the upper left of the screen just like in step 7 for Old 3ds Users section for BROWSERHAX. The issue is that when I tap the slider, the bottom screen turns yellow for around 3 secs and then it goes back to home menu showing message: "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, then restart the system."

I've tried this several times whit the same results. The SD is the one that came with the 2ds by default (4GB) I also tried using a different SD (16GB) but it didn't work either.

The browser version is 1.7552.

Is there any other way to launch the Homebrew Channel? I would like to install the menu hax to launch it from boot.

EDIT" Sorry, I meant any other way that doesn't involves one of the methods with the games mentioned in this guide.

EDIT2: I'm able to update the firmware version to

6.1.0-12U (Using Pokemon X)
    7.2.0-12U (Using Pokemon Omega Ruby)
    8.1.0-12U (Using Monser Hunter Ultimate 4)

Will any of this updates affect my browser version? Maybe that way I'll be able to access the homebrew channel using the BROWSERHAX.

Last edited by E-Kadaj, Feb 27, 2016
  10. mrkurtcobain

mrkurtcobain GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys i really dont mean to be a menace, I am a virgin to 3ds hacking as I just got a n3ds a few weeks ago. I want to use pkhex and be able to run roms. I have a power save and a copy of TLOZ OOT. Can I follow the guide above to install browser hacks so that I can use pkhex, and is there a way to make it so I can play roms?
    Im on a black New 3ds XL and 10.6.0_31u

11. KytuzuEX

No roms but yes PHHex

For the roms, you have to do (or somebody) a HardMod to downgrade it to 10.2 or 10.3 for then you downgrade it with SysUpdater. *involves at soldering*

Edit: By the way, BrowserHax and MenuHax are broken at 10.6... so you will have to inject a hacked save on your Ocarina of Time with the powersaves.

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Mar 1, 2016
  12. wackycavegirl

wackycavegirl Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi All,
    I don't mean to be a pain but I've just got interested into trying to PKHeX my pokemon XY and ORAS games. I have no experience with anything like this, or programming in general. I have a N3DS Ver 10.6.0-31E (but don't really know what that means) so if anyone could help I'd be grateful, especially if you explain it without using any of the technical jargon (or explain what it means if you do)

I've just found my o3ds which is running Ver. 10.3.0-28E. i've just tried to install browserhax on my o3ds (ive cleared history, cleared cookies and cleared all save data before scanning QR code) each time i'm transferred to the internet browser i keep getting the following message:
    "The Internet Browser cannot be used at this time. Please try again later or in a different network environment."
    have i done something wrong, or missed a step out or something? can anyone help me please

Last edited by wackycavegirl, Mar 8, 2016
  13. Brodius

Brodius Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So my New 3DS XL is currently on 10.7.32E; is that still compatible with Browser Hax? Scanning the QR code doesn't do anything.

14. JJTapia19

Puerto Rico
    No sorry, At the moment only ninjhax and OOThax work for your system version. :unsure:

15. Juan2416

Juan2416 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can anyone tell me how to setup oothax download version

16. krelean

krelean Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    i want this too... i have a CFW with rxTools on a 3ds and another 3ds with no homebrew, but want to install some games with NASA, but i cant install OOTHAX with the installer (it sends me an error), so im looking for a "downloadable" version.

17. Brodius

Brodius Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I managed to find a copy of Cubic Ninja for $19, which is nice.

18. Rav3r

Rav3r Member
    Newcomer

I was wondering can i use Cubic Ninja rom for ninjahax ?
    I have sky3ds..

19. masteroftimeuk

Newcomer

Hi i want to use Ninjahax 2.6 to running import games, but i keep getting the red screen any support? please

20. Marita

Marita Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    This is not a noob friendly guide. On step 1 in homemenuhax, there is no "menuhax_manager" to extract. The only file to extract is called "menuhax_v2.2". On step 4 (I assume 3 is immaterial as I don't care about any themes), what does "use another hax method to open the Homebrew Launcher" mean??? What other hax method? I haven't gotten past step 4.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial]The, Homebrew, Launcher