1. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

United States
    I updated it to 10.5 just fine. A NAND is a NAND, and the only issues I recall involved FIRM (or maybe NATIVE_FIRM, either way we don't care)

2. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ah,well my sysnand is already 10.5 from the injections, but if updating works then a restoration will work as well.

3. hackotedelaplaqu

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I did the swap too (based on @dkabot simplified instructions). All went right ! Enjoying permaCFW now.

4. jon2491

jon2491 GBAtemp Regular

I saw a tutorial in another site which says that inyecting 10.5 emunand's ctrnand in 9.2 is enough to have 10.5 sysnand with cfw. Can anyone confirm it?

Edit: Well, I can confirm it works. Maybe I'm missing something for not doing all those OP steps but it seems to work.

Last edited by jon2491, Feb 22, 2016
  5. ITJesse

ITJesse Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    If you run TinyFormat to format SysNand and unlink NANDs with your SD out, you won't loss anything in your emunand.
    When the swap finish, everything which installed in your emunand before will stay in your sysnand now, include custom themes, games...all the thing.

6. mashers

OP mashers Stubborn ape

Oh is this why I lost my theme, my games came out of their folders and went back into presents? I thought TinyFormat would have no effect at all on EmuNAND if it's run from SysNAND, but I suppose if they're linked it's reasonable to assume it might change some things. In any case, my saves and the games themselves were preserved on EmuNAND so it wasn't really a problem.

peteruk likes this.
  7. dkabot

United States
    Yeah, you can probably simplify it a good chunk more, I took the advice of playing it safe (though not overly/unnecessarily so).
    It seems the AGB Save partition from EmuNAND had my GBA saves, though, as they stayed when I did it all.

jon2491 likes this.
  8. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cheers. Does this make it so no NAND unlinking is needed? As I assume the 3DS folders on the sdcard just get switched around? My NNID is linked on emunand and I would think doing this would just carry that link over to sysnand.

9. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

United States
    NANDs will stay unlinked (if you simply switch your NANDs around).

But yeah, everything from your emuNAND gets transferred to your sysNAND (including your NNID). You don't need to downgrade your emuNAND though, simply open decrypt9 on sysNAND (while it's on 9.2) and switch the partitions around.

Audioboxer likes this.
  10. Audioboxer

I've downgraded it anyway. Dumping partitions just now (minus FIRM0 and FIRM1).

11. dkabot

United States
    I would imagine the same linked/unlinked caveats would apply if they were already linked.
    Of course, with arm9loaderhax, you're basically not going to boot the now-EmuNAND with (presumably) lower firmware unless you know you're going to, so I guess it's slightly better?

12. Audioboxer

Nah they aren't linked (NANDs). Only my emunand is tied to NNID as well.

13. dkabot

United States
    Ah.
    Your Emu- and Sys- swap entirely, so your Sys would be linked and your Emu would be... whatever your old sys was.

Audioboxer likes this.
  14. Audioboxer

It still feels worrying to put sysnand on 10.5, but I guess as long as the arm9lhax always remains in place it's all good. Should be quite easy to update the loader as well if for whatever reason something like screen init needs the actual hax updated.

15. dkabot

United States
    Yeah, hopefully screen init is figured out by a new arm9 binary and not a new hax loader... I don't need that clenching again.
    So long as you're certain it's A9LH, you should be good to update it if you want.
    Worked out fine for me, and certainly less risky than other tricks I've done (NTR debugger region swap, AKA "enter an update URL and pray it worked")

Audioboxer likes this.
  16. Supster131

United States
    I wouldn't worry about until Nintendo releases a new update, since who knows, they're probably working their ass off to find a way to fix this.

Audioboxer likes this.
  17. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    Even if they do "block" it, it probably doesn't matter since AuReiNand blocks FIRM updating altogether, so anything Nintendo would add into the kernel wouldn't be able to affect your A9LH install, at least in theory. We'll have to let people with hardmods take that plunge. :P

Audioboxer likes this.
  18. dkabot

United States
    The updater is still working the same as ever, so for now we're probably safe with "backup, try it, restore from Emu if it fails".
    Update after this one, we'll see, but I doubt they'll change the way updates apply, you never know.

19. Audioboxer

Without a doubt I'll let the hard modders be the guinea pigs for 10.6 haha.

20. Supster131

United States
    Yeah, I was just thinking if Nintendo would bother with it. Since it can probably be fixed (even with the FIRM patching in AuReiNAND), but Nintendo would probably have to do a massive overhaul to the firmware, and who knows if it's worth Nintendo's time.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (arm9loaderhax, [Tutorial], sysnand