1. wurstpistole

OP wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    A9lh is way more convenient, boots 100% - I switched myself a month ago, it's great and if you follow plailects guide the chance to fuck something up is very very small. If you are able to follow written instructions step by step you'll be fine

Sliter likes this.
  2. Zoubiey

Zoubiey Newbie
    Newcomer

Does this work for 11.0? Would be great to get EmuNAND with the latest version for Pokémon codes.

3. wurstpistole

United Kingdom
    Sure, if you can downgrade.

4. Zoubiey

Zoubiey Newbie
    Newcomer

Well crap, thanks anyway!

5. rfrank1

rfrank1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello wurstpistole, Thank you for your guide
    I used your guide to set CFW up on my 3DS before a9lh started, and I want to switch to a9lh now. I have a new 3DS on 10.2 Emunand and 9.2 sysnand. I have been using Rei CFW, rxtools, and cakes. Is it safe to assume I can start at step 3 on plailect guide since I have menuhax installed already?

6. wurstpistole

United Kingdom
    If you have a way to open decrypt9 and/or other homebrew apps (which you have), you just make nand and emunand backups and then start from the downgrade to 2.1

Maybe you can also throw a look at the otpless a9lh, that would mean just exeucting a homebrew app and then injecting emunand into sysnand

bomigoton likes this.
  7. rfrank1

rfrank1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  8. webgem8

webgem8 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Looks like there hasn't been much activity in this thread for a while, but hopefully someone can help me out.

I am considering using this method on my 2DS to set up CFW, as OP has written the most detailed and precise guide I have yet to find! Since I am always apprehensive about modifying anything, I did a bunch of research on possible issues that could arise from using this method. The one I found that I want to avoid the most is "soft bricking", where a 2DS can end up factory resetting in MSET v4, where it is unable to proceed due to lack of a 3D switch. Is there a particular step or file that is needed to factory reset in MSET v6? The other suggested step involves performing a factory reset through the system settings rather than through TinyFormat. Would performing the reset through system settings reset in my 2DS's current FW? I am currently in 9.2.

Thanks for the help if this thread isn't dead! And let me know if what I asked didn't make any sense lol...

9. wurstpistole

United Kingdom
    Just do Plailect's guide for A9LH, it's just the better hack-.

10. ericling

ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Just dropping off to say thank you for your effort! Your guide is the one that helped me to get my N3DSXL and O3DSXL hacked!

11. jonesbalada

jonesbalada Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hey man, did I thank you for this tutorial?

I am in 9.0 with rxTools yet and I will use your tutorial to guide me to last emunand with luma coz Plailec's guide seems confuse to me (althoug I assume my dumbness).

So... thank you very much!

Last edited by jonesbalada, Nov 1, 2016
  12. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I made plailect's guide for a n3ds 3 days ago, it went out fine.

So today I wanted to update another n3ds I made in August with this guide. I Updated emunand (luma from august) from 11.0 to 11.2. I didnt boot afterwards, I updated luma, still no boot into emunand. The bootmenu showed up, but the moment luma should start emunand after 3seconds the 3ds turned off. After trying different luma builds, Emunand did not start. I did not have a backup of emunand (unfortunately). I think something went wrong during the 11.2 update and emunand was broken. Or my sd card was bad, i dont know. Sysnand was booting, when holding the button i setup for this (Y in my case) during boot.

Stupid as i was, I thought lets try a9lh install. I put all the files on. Then started the newest save a9lh installer (otples method) v2.6.2 . I booted to ctrbootmanager and went to homebrewlauncher (was that a bad idea?). a9lh launcher loaded, everything looked fine. i pressed (select). then it crashed. and now its not booting anymore.

i will try to get it replaced, bought it in august.

what did i do wrong?

Edit:
    I still have the original 9.2 sysnand backup for this bricked n3ds, will this help me, in case they dont exchange the device for warranty

Last edited by bomigoton, Nov 5, 2016
  13. Dave_1859

Dave_1859 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When doing the dbs repair on the process of getting Luma3DS, does it affect my current EmuNAND, or is only SysNAND affected? I hacked my 3DS way back in Febuary, so I forgot how the process goes again, and I want to update from Cakes to Luma, but I don't want to accidentally erase all my data from EmuNAND.

14. bluu7

bluu7 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    First of all: vielen Dank für dein Tutorial!

I used this tutorial with my O3DS and it worked great! However, now I have the problem that Pokemon Moon gives me a black screen everytime I try to start it. I'm on Luma3DS 5.5 and 9.2 Emunand.
    I tried to update Luma3DS manually (LumaUpdater gives me an error) with this guide: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade but it doesn't work. I copied all the files to my SD card but Luma3DS still thinks that it's on 5.5. I'm not sure if Luma is even the problem. Any tips? Should I use a different guide?

Greetings

15. bomigoton

Germany
    PKMN Moon needs 11.2 firmware, or use a firmware spoofed version.
    I can confirm firmware spoofed version works on emunand 11.0. Others said it even works on 9.2.

16. bomigoton

Germany
    Sorry for the double post.
    So i am trying to update to latest luma build from this link https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
    as mentioned in the first post. I am replacing Luma3DS.dat, but when i try to boot into 11.0 emunand, the n3ds just turns off. What am I doing wrong? The Luma build from July 20th starts in 11.0.

does anybody else have this problem too?

Edit: No matter what I try, i cannot boot a newer version of luma with emunand 11.0. So I will not update. Is there no cfw that works with this setup with 11.2?

Last edited by bomigoton, Nov 15, 2016
  17. Dave_1859

Dave_1859 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have the same exact problem when installing Luma! Idk what I'm doing wrong...I was told repeatedly just to replace the boot file, my Cakes.dat to Luma3DS.dat, and add the Luma folder to /3ds. I did all of that and my 3ds turns off immediately after pressing Luma, and when I try to go through Homebrew Launcher it tells me there's an error when loading the payload...what payload?

18. bomigoton

Germany
    The attached Luma file works for me on 11.0 with menuhax/emunand setup. Just using Luma3DS.dat. But this was built on July 20th. So it works with 11.0.

I will read me through again here
    and here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
    And try to get it work.

If not, I will try a different cfw.

Attached Files:

19. wurstpistole

United Kingdom
    Guys, although I didn't want to support anymore one last message from me - just get rid of your menuhax/Emunand setup and go for A9LH. It's just way more convenient.

Use Plailect's guide, skipping the Menuhax installation and 9.2 downgrade. This is where you should start (already hacked, Emunand set up).
    It will guide you through installing A9LH and copying your Emunand to Sysnand. I did it two months ago, it took me about an hour including the NAND backups and microSD backup/format.

20. bomigoton

Germany
    Thanks for your feedback, wurstpistole.

I totally agree, a9lh is the better hack. I did one n3ds with plalects guide on Nov 2nd, it worked great with 11.2. Performance is awesome fast, simply installing GBA VC titles to sysnand, works perfectly.

2 days later I wanted to upgrade one of mytwo menuhax/emunand n3ds' s to 11.2. I wasnt able to start newer luma version then, so I took the safe a9lh installer, it crashed and the 3ds was dead immediately. No recovery mode, nothing. I was crying, honestly. My luck was it was still in warranty, so Ninty repaired it for free (new mainboard).
    I dont know why safe a9lh install failed, maybe because I did not delete the 3 month old 3ds folder, and use a fresh formated (and good) sd card. no idea. But with that experiance, I stay on menuhax/emunand, as it works. When I feel lucky, I maybe try again later.

Does anybody run luma on 11.2 with a menuhax/emunand setup? I will try again tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], including, Installer