ROM Hack [Tutorial][SaveHexEdit] How to get all unobtainable outfits in Bravely Default EUR/USA

Griever

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys. I have been trying to edit my save file but cant get it to work for the life of me. Finally, decided to register and ask directly for help. I have added the offsets like instructed but my crashes before even showing the save file loading screen. Thanks for the help.

Griever

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I finally managed to do it! :D Thanks to Analogman's tip. I was inserting instead of overwriting the offsets which changed teh file size and the game crashed. You need to use cntrl+B instead of the usual cntrl+V to overwrite the offsets into the save file. Cntrl+V is the shorcut for inserting in HxD. That was the mistake I repeating continuously. I am leaving this here just in case somebody else struggles. I wonder why nobody else pointed this out. Good luck to everyone else.

Griever

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
How is that possible? I am not sure why there might be a difference because it is the same software (HxD) afterall. Myabe a software version difference? I have HxD open in front of me right now and I can guarantee that the shortcut is ctrl+B for overwrite. Anyway anybody can just look in the "edit" tab in the HxD window to see the shortcuts for inserting and overwriting. There is nothing secret or hidden about it. Just use the shortcut that is mentioned in there to overwrite the offsets.

alantrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kinda lost here...
Is save editing the only way to obtain them or can we actually get them normally in the uncensored rom?
EDIT: Or rather, my save is on my SD card but it's only 1 512kb file, am I missing something?

Last edited by alantrik,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm kinda lost here...
Is save editing the only way to obtain them or can we actually get them normally in the uncensored rom?
EDIT: Or rather, my save is on my SD card but it's only 1 512kb file, am I missing something?

Read at least the first line of the tutorial ;)
And yes, save editing is your only way, except if you have the jp game, a jp console, and always a jp dlc valid code

Yokujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im confused about adding the costumes...

since costumes use 3 pairs of hexs i thought i need to divide every item by 3... last item is "8D 53 00" then i pasted the 5 costumes AFTER 00 is it wrong?
even b720+b730 contain a 00 each im not sure if the 00 after 53 is important?
yes my game shuts down after opening the items

replaced the 00 and those werent assigned to anything...
img

Last edited by Yokujin,

Mic1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Asia81 Everything worked, except that Edea isn´t able to eqip neither the Bravo Bikini or the Bravo Bunny. They show up as Agnès only.

jojoeds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone help me? I can't seem to make it work at all
EDIT: everything else works except for agnes bravo bikini and ringabel's Eastern war garb..they showup in game but the sprites didn't changed

Last edited by jojoeds,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It keeps crashing. I tried putting it in place of the 00 at the end and after, and neither worked. Can someone help? Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed! The offset from the rest of the inventory can be 2 pairs of 00

Attachments

• Bravely Default Edited.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Bravely Default unedited.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by trainboy2019, , Reason: Fixed!

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone take a loot at my save file? http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/UMTbyC6i/file.html

the normal costume like black mage are uncensored already(i used the uncensored Asia81 usa cia), i backup my save, then edit it with the HxD program of my bd2game1 save which is the one on slot 2(the one that reach chapter 6), i went inside my inventory and alkhampis weapon shop but there are no bravo bunny costume

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone take a loot at my save file? http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/UMTbyC6i/file.html

the normal costume like black mage are uncensored already(i used the uncensored Asia81 usa cia), i backup my save, then edit it with the HxD program of my bd2game1 save which is the one on slot 2(the one that reach chapter 6), i went inside my inventory and alkhampis weapon shop but there are no bravo bunny costume
Did you just install the uncensor patch, or did you also save edit the outfit into your inventory.
Because if all you did was use the patch, you'll need to edit your save to add the outfits to your inventory.

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you just install the uncensor patch, or did you also save edit the outfit into your inventory.
Because if all you did was use the patch, you'll need to edit your save to add the outfits to your inventory.
i downloaded the modified cia , the one where i just need to install, i test and it work the normal outfit like black mage, hawkeye are back to their original form, then i dump my save using jskv, edit it with hex , follow the steps described, then i import it back, launch the edited save which is chapter 6 , tried to go to Al-khampis to find bravo bunny suit , but it's not in my inventory at all and the weapon merchant does not sell it.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Bravo Bunny is not sold anywhere. Unless you edit into your inventory, you can not get it, same for some of the other outfits that were censored.
The legit outfits of them were download codes in Japan only. So you'll have to double check that you edited your save correctly.

Reactions: x06xpower

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Bravo Bunny is not sold anywhere. Unless you edit into your inventory, you can not get it, same for some of the other outfits that were censored.
The legit outfits of them were download codes in Japan only. So you'll have to double check that you edited your save correctly.
Okay, i'll try it sometime later, thank you for helping me

rr8400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finally managed to do it! :D Thanks to Analogman's tip. I was inserting instead of overwriting the offsets which changed teh file size and the game crashed. You need to use cntrl+B instead of the usual cntrl+V to overwrite the offsets into the save file. Cntrl+V is the shorcut for inserting in HxD. That was the mistake I repeating continuously. I am leaving this here just in case somebody else struggles. I wonder why nobody else pointed this out. Good luck to everyone else.
Can you try to modify my save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol