Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a New 3DS, and decided to import my badge data from my old 3DS (Fuck getting over 1,000 badges again.)

Problem is, new badges I get from Badge Arcade dont show up in my badges, and for some reason getting anything from the new Mario Maker badges they released made 2 categories called "Super Mario Maker (3)", one of which replaced the standard "Super Mario Maker" category, including removing some badges from it. This is the only time new badges appeared, yet they replaced some of the ones I had.

Is there any sort of way to fix this? I haven't seen anyone with similar problems.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I think there"s no asolution to that, but wait to see if other people know; but I think that it shouldn"t cause much toruble than with only some badges if the region is the same beetwen the two console.

Updated Links

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

AZYman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If we create a file with Advanced badge editor.exe (without exceeding 1000 badges) we can inject it into our BadgeData.dat file? and repeat this operation until you have all the badges?

D

Deleted User

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Link is gone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Absolutely no links work here (all 404 not found) but zippyshare is blocked

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In case anyone still tries to get badges:

These 2 posts should have what you need. It just spent 15 minutes of my time trying to hunt down a working link, so here's all that still actually works.

the badge link for feburary badges don't work anymore :( does anybody know where to get his badges or all the badges?? been trying to get them but i keep failing.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's my badge data, got over 800 badges on it.
excuse me but how do I load your save data in? cause I am using jksv and tried to dump my save data from the game to trying to even enter the darn option but it just won't let me at all it keeps giving me an error :/ I don't understand why. I really wanna use your badges but I sadly can't do it with this blocking me from doing so q-q

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup