Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was just following secretclean's suggestion - basically, instead of dumping everything with the extdata dump tool I just dumped the badge files ("choose the SECOND menu option first (dump files specified in config file)"). My config.txt file had only these lines:

DUMP "000014d1:/BadgeData.dat" "BadgeData.dat"
DUMP "000014d1:/BadgeMngFile.dat" "BadgeMngFile.dat"

Then, after modifying the BadgeMngFile.dat according to the instructions in the original post and replacing BadgeData.dat with snow's version I restored only those files. My config.txt file looked like this:

RESTORE "BadgeData.dat" "000014d1:/BadgeData.dat"
RESTORE "BadgeMngFile.dat" "000014d1:/BadgeMngFile.dat"

Hope that helps, I didn't do anything else.
Just tried that but I'm getting the following:
Dumping from /BadgeData.dat
Copying failed!
Dumping from /BadgeMngFile.dat
Success.
Do I have to buy 5 turns first (for whatever reason) or does it not work with 10.3 or am I just unlucky?
€dit: Dumping the BadgeData.dat via sunshell resulted in an 128MB file... Damn. :rofl2:

Last edited by signz,

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I would like to know this as well i only see this on the page and im using the latest homebrew channel launcher for my Old 3ds XL
rY4X4dF.png
IecHEWl.png

Last edited by VNVstarr,

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I have a question do we really need the badgedata.dat from @Februarysn0w or can someone post up their own data if its required from what i can see we just need the data code to rewrite our own data. with a hexeditor this would take out the method of needing any files just dumping the files from the 3ds and rewriting them and restoring them to the 3ds with the correct lines?

if so can this post be edited with the correct lines aka updated so no files need to be downloaded at all whatsoever.

ps: I just joined this community I dont normally post on any threads other than sites like Wololo and reddit.

Last edited by VNVstarr,

brazilian812

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if something in the BadgeMngFile has to go with Februarysn0ws BadgeData or if I can just use my own BadgeData. I'll give it a shot...

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I don't know if something in the BadgeMngFile has to go with Februarysn0ws BadgeData or if I can just use my own BadgeData. I'll give it a shot...

From the tutorial video i watched in the begining of the thread you just need the files for replacing lines of code to rewrite your current data to show stuff as unlocked. IF you get it working let me know since im pretty interested and im not all about throwing my loot on a claw game for digital goods all in all its cool but not worth spending money for aesthetic means.

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@brazilian812 it might take awhile since it seems that this post stopped after awhile or @Februarysn0w is not fluent in english the best bet is trying to look on reddit or wololo for another persons repo with the supported files needed to complete this trick with a more updated badge number. I lurked through the thread and he updated his "save data" but im not very sure how this works so im not willing to try it out.

I'm pretty sure there has to be someone that uploaded their own data but i have not found anyone since im most likely searching with the wrong words via google. but eventually someone will reply to this post. until than all we can do is to wait it out honestly since I believe this counts as a sub-forum not a major forum for this type of stuff.

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
For anyone interested i'm going to dig down and surf for more info and sites hosting data drops and see what i can compile for everyone to grab.

edit: I couldn't find any links that did not indirectly link me back here or some other post that was completely off topic, but however I do know that if someone were to post there badgedata.dat its possible to use @Februarysn0w 's (14D1_BadgeMngFile.dat) file along with it so its completely plausible that this can work but I have no updated badge file to test this with since I only have 5 badges I cant confirm this method.
If anyone is willing to post there data with more than 5 badges i'd be glad to test this method out and post here if it worked and from there I can start a repo post thread where people can post their links in a sub forum where links are not blocked (:
that way it will be constantly updated and wont be sole dependant on @Februarysn0w 's files alone!

Last edited by VNVstarr,

Konako

2B Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For anyone interested i'm going to dig down and surf for more info and sites hosting data drops and see what i can compile for everyone to grab.

edit: I couldn't find any links that did not indirectly link me back here or some other post that was completely off topic, but however I do know that if someone were to post there badgedata.dat its possible to use @Februarysn0w 's (14D1_BadgeMngFile.dat) file along with it so its completely plausible that this can work but I have no updated badge file to test this with since I only have 5 badges I cant confirm this method.
If anyone is willing to post there data with more than 5 badges i'd be glad to test this method out and post here if it worked and from there I can start a repo post thread where people can post their links in a sub forum where links are not blocked (:
that way it will be constantly updated and wont be sole dependant on @Februarysn0w 's files alone!

Here you go 105 badges from me:

https://mega.nz/#F!5dtxVLiD!K0iLg7RdJI_Fdfssoibi4Q

Last edited by Konako,

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@Konathedemo Alright! thank you, ill give it a shot now ill post the results i get after im done testing (: and IF this goes like i think it will Ill find a way to tinker the code to set every badge to unlocked! wish me luck :D

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Okay, so my first attempt ended in corrupt data ;-; that was a bunch of codebytes to select haha but ill try again in a bit. on the bright side locking my keyboard keys down with paper slips shift and pagedwn select code the fastest. I MIGHT HAVE selected some code during the process and did something weird but ill try again xD

edit: also during this process of getting an error message while trying to set badges and not starting the app first did the data again but it gave me a free turn somhow but only 1? which i did not currently have keeping all my current badges that i originally collected

EditEdit!: ALRIGHT XD i totatlly did something messing up the whole process i somehow managed to grab so much code at once and without thinking i maxed out the code limit making it super huge idk what gave me the extra try but it was pointless. My second try came out... AMAZING! it worked :) so with this new info ill be starting a thread on wololo maybe tonight or tomorrow! also @Februarysn0w updated their link for the files. but this proves the same method will work with anyones files ill update later when I can for more info.

Last edited by VNVstarr,

VNVstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Again thank you soo much! @Konathedemo your contributions are appreciated (:

Edit: I wont be posting on this specific thread anymore I think I posted enough info to help anyone who needs it everything is confirmed working but you can contact me here (http://wololo.net/talk/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9869) seeing as im more active on this thread mostly lurking with this account so leave me a message and check in once in awhile to see when i post the 3ds badge page for submissions.

Last edited by VNVstarr,

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried gytb on 10.3 emunand with a badges pack from the iso site but they are invisible with a little crown symbol right underneath. what did I do wrong?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
while i successfully 'merged' my badges, it messed up all the system app ones (like the eshop and system menu badges) i had. they dont work anymore.
not sure if winning them again might fix it, but if you use and like those, dont use this merging thing

edit: while the badges seem to work again now, albeit not always, i'm now unable to get new badges.
like, i just won a bunch of symbols in zelda bottles, but they're nowhere to be found :/

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
while i successfully 'merged' my badges, it messed up all the system app ones (like the eshop and system menu badges) i had. they dont work anymore.
not sure if winning them again might fix it, but if you use and like those, dont use this merging thing

edit: while the badges seem to work again now, albeit not always, i'm now unable to get new badges.
like, i just won a bunch of symbols in zelda bottles, but they're nowhere to be found :/

so, while i like a few of the new badges, i really dont like that i cant get any new ones and that a bunch of them are buggy.
anyone know if i can just delete badge data and start over? stupidly, i deleted my original files before i realized this stuff is broken.

Dizz_SA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go to badge arcade and in the settings you can say you have badge problems and the rabbit resets them for you.

Edit: Is there any other badge saves besides @Februarysn0w save? When I tried using it, it gave them to be but in japanese letters with English at the end of them, in addition to system specific badges not working [Which is what I mostly want.

Last edited by Dizz_SA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt