1. DarkSparkish

DarkSparkish Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    "This disc cannot be played due to regional restrictions" after having installed to my memory card.

And it still seems to be outputting YPbPr when playing a DVD, despite being set to RGB.

I am trying this on a PAL PS2 Slim, which granted had a DVD version of 3.11E, but I got it working no problem using USB as colors showed up correctky via RGB and I could play my Region 1 DVD copy of Serial Experiments Lain, but while it shows up as "3.11 (SPC-1)", DVD-playback's the same as it was unmodded. How come?

2. DarkSparkish

DarkSparkish Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    While I got the firmware working via USB, as I got my Region 1 Serial Experiments Lain DVD while outputting correct colors via RGB, I can't get it working via MC. Despite my PS2 saying that the DVD-Player's at 3.11 (RPC-1), I end up in a screen saying: "This disc cannot be played due to regional restrictions." and the text is green, meaning that my PS2 outputs at YPbPr when playing DVDs, despite being set to RGB. Anything wrong I have done?

The PS2 I am using is my childhood PS2 Slim with the following Version Information:

Console: SCPH-75004
    Original DVD Player Version: 3.11E
    Current DVD Player Version: 3.11 (RPC-1)

(Also, oops. Made two different posts by accident. Didn't know the previous one was already posted)

Another edit: I figured it out now. It was because my Free McBoot was at 1.8, so I updated it ti 1.966, and now I can watch movies from any region via RGB with no hassle!

Last edited by DarkSparkish, May 14, 2020
    Retinal_FAILURE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Region, Player