1. Stingbandel

Stingbandel Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Hi, I am new with this. Actually I don't play this but this one is for my son. I would like to know if adding the private header would be able to let me go online or not with this game.

If I cannot do online, if I buy the game, does the game automatically update the console firmware, not allowing me to use gateway anymore?

thank you, and sorry, I am relatively new with this.

thanks

2. sabino

sabino Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    how do i do it with a retail cartiridge

3. roby972

roby972 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi all
    i tried with this guide but cannot works for me ...old 3ds sysnand 4.4 gw 4.2 beta emunand 11.2
    when pokemon sun or moon ask me to delete corrupted saved data the program crashes and i force to reboot

rom header part guide dont do it , is this the problem?

4. ronopotomus

ronopotomus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I am experiencing great difficulty with Card 1 to 2. It doesn't stay open. The black screen flashes and closes every time I drop the rom into .exe file. I have no opportunity to enter "1" or exit by hitting the "enter". It just comes up and text scrolls very quickly then will close. Anyone else having this issue? I have multiple laptops here and have tried on all.

5. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Hi there, I could make this work on my own o3DS but I tried doing it for a friend of mine and I got the black screen issue, the game doesn't even say anything about save being corrupted or anything similar, just a plain black screen no matter how long I wait :(.

Honestly I don't really understand why this happens, I even recreated the EmuNAND from scratch, tried patching the game in different ways...etc but it doesn't work, more interesting the version that I patched and that doesn't work on my friend's o3DS works on mine. My friend has a more recent version of the gateway red card but he only has a 2GB SD card, I don't really see any other differences between the 2, could anyone help me sort this issue? As my friend only has a 2GB SD card I can't even install the .cia version...

I'd be glad for any help you guys can provide :)

Last edited by Idaho, Jan 15, 2017
  6. Kitana

Kitana Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Having this same problem....my command prompt flashes on screen and closes...how do I get it to stay open?

Update: Looks like my rom was faulty...works now with a different rom.

Last edited by Kitana, Feb 16, 2017
  7. mikeyt1998

OP mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    Private headers are used for going online yes. The retail Pokemon game would probably update your console but I'm not sure which update is on the cartridge. It won't be the latest though, so Gateway would still work I believe.

The header is only for online play so it's not really necessary to do unless you want to use the GTS to trade or Battle online or whatever. The problem must lie elsewhere... Hmm. There are a few solutions mentioned in the replies here. My first go to would be to try Card1to2 again, closing the CMD window properly with the Enter key when prompted.

Faulty ROM! That's the only thing it can really be... Try another one as Kitana mentioned :)

8. pikanag

pikanag GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey fam so I followed your guide and I'm still struggling to get pokemon sun working on my n3ds LL.

currently rocking gateway ultra 4.2 launcher on my 8.1j sysnand japanese n3ds ll. It currently has a 9.5j firmware on the emunand. Do I need to update it to 11.0 to play pokemon sun? If so, how do I go about doing that without updating to 11.3 . i get this error: http://i.imgur.com/32nGf5w.jpg

edit: apparently it translate to "The report is broken. For details, please consult the instruction manual for this software in the home menu."
    I have no idea wtf to do T.T
    can any homie help me out? just wana play some pokemon, dont need nothing crazy like the new arm9 hack and stuff

EDIT: followed a method from user on the first page of this thread and it worked for me. fucking dope

Last edited by pikanag, Mar 21, 2017
  9. totorot0

totorot0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    I can confirm solving the save data error. Since I don't intend to go online, I only use card1to2. On my first attempt, I dropped the rom on top of the .exe, pressed 1 and enter. To close the window I pressed on the X in the corner. BIG MISTAKE! As a few people already pointed out, you need to press enter one more time after the process is done (takes a second) to close the window. I did this on my second attempt and now the game loads fine and creates the save file.

10. Celcia

Celcia Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi! I've been looking for the card1to2.exe but it's expired everywhere... anyone has a copy? Thanks in advance!

11. Zetta_D

Zetta_D Member
    Newcomer

France
    Too bad I don't have a gateway. xD
    But good job #like

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Pokemon, Gateway