1. Shadiclink

Shadiclink Member
    Newcomer

India
    Card type 1 saves data on your internal sd, whereas card type 2 saves on to the gamecart itself. Since your save becomes corrupt on your internal sd, you're trying to create that save data on your cart.

2. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    I did the tutorial, but come to the corrupt screen. I can't delete the save because it then goes to an "error has occurred" black screen message, the one on the bottom screen with white text.

3. drfunkenstein2k

drfunkenstein2k Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just to be clear everyone using card1to2 when you drop the ROM into the program after it finishes are you pressing Enter again to close the program? When i used the X to close the program i got the black screen rom too.

totorot0 likes this.
  4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    Same result, mine is the error occurred when trying to delete the corrupt save.

5. Blasthell

Blasthell Newbie
    Newcomer

Senegal
    Solved it.Press ENTER after you convert card 1 to card 2. DO NOT CLOSE THE CMD.
    FOR BLACK SCREEN ISSUE

totorot0, sv398 and Shadiclink like this.
  6. mikeyt1998

OP mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    Seems like a few people have fixed this issue by closing the CMD Prompt by pressing enter as mentioned in the instructions, close the CMD Prompt screen with the Enter key to close it down, all instructions are necessary XD

Also, @drfunkenstein2k mentioned on the first page that he got it working by using the Gateway ROM Patcher 1.2 as intended. He didn't have to select NO, then reopen the program as I explain in my instructions. He just went right ahead, injected the header and answered 'YES' to the question "This Chip ID is not matched to the ROM Size. Can I suggest a better Value?"

If you have issues with black screen, try both of these things :)

7. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    Could the problem also be affected by using a private header? I used Decrypt9 to dump the private header of Sun and Moon.

8. bladedan

bladedan Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi guys, good night, I've tried all the ways tb to do, and tb did not work, I know the method is not so complicated. If you gave it to me that I could run to post the roms already ready to run would be nice, I know there are a lot of people here who could not do these methods, there are people who are easier to do these things than others, but if they can help the guys by posting the Roms already ready, would be nice.

9. bladedan

bladedan Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I have already done both methods, but the game only stays on the rescue screen, and after a freeze, and lock everything, I have already modified the memory cards for fat32, exefat and nothing, as I mentioned before, if someone can post the roms already Would be of great help to all.

10. MoosaYaqoob

MoosaYaqoob Newbie
    Newcomer

Pakistan
    Hey where can I download the pokemon sun and moon rom

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I've never experienced that bug in Gateway ROM Patcher. I just click "Yes" on the prompt then click "Apply" and online works just fine.

Also, it is possible to trim the game, I made a modified version of card1to2.py for exactly that purpose. The only thing is that it's a python script so using it is a bit more complicated (but not a lot) but if anyone wants it I can post it here.
    The main problem with trimming it using regular trimming tools is that those tools don't leave room for the save, though there is a tool called card2romtrimtool that might also work.

Far as I can tell, it's because Gateway uses a 512KB save chip and S/M needs a 1MB save.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Dec 2, 2016
  12. mikeyt1998

United Kingdom
    For those asking where the ROM can be found, or asking for the ROM to be uploaded for direct download please don't. It's against the forum rules!
    You're the second person who mentioned that there's no bug in the ROM Patcher, so maybe there isn't. For me, it was just something I'd read and was a precaution I took to make sure that no one was effected by it if it did exist :) I did it myself and it still works perfectly, so although it adds 10 seconds to the overall process it's just a way to cover for it XD

And that's good news. I've never been any good with Python stuff... Only just managed to use PadPyGHT to show controller inputs hahaha

13. Impzor

Impzor Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    When I try and load the rom into the gateway patcher it says its not recognised. I've used two different roms (both the EU and US version) and neither of them seem to work.

Any ideas?

14. Banzaibug

Banzaibug Newbie
    Newcomer

Just one quick question.

I know I have to use 1card2 because of savegame. But:

If I do not intend to go online do I have to use the rom patcher too? What for then?

Tyvm

P.S. I use Gatewaycard

15. Shadiclink

Shadiclink Member
    Newcomer

India
    No, it's not necessary that you use the gateway rom patcher, if you don't intend to go online that is.

16. lordofthereef

lordofthereef GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I thought I did all the steps correctly but I get the game save error. I did use a rom splitter since I'm fat32 and was attempting to avoid wiping the card due to reloading it would take a couple of hours. Splitting the Rom shouldn't be an issue right?

17. ForeverEternal

ForeverEternal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gateway unsurprisingly stole your tutorial

18. Dawn_of_Dark

Dawn_of_Dark Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm not sure if this is a tutorial to help using retail copies of Pokemon Sun and Moon on the Gateway? Or is this for otherwise-obtained copies of the game?

19. Tsumi

Tsumi Newbie
    Newcomer

Anyone with a black screen or error just only follow the Convert the ROM from Card 1 to Card 2 type, I scraped the Inject Header, the Gateway ROM Patcher part then put it straight to my micro sd card and it worked fine for me! I hope this helps some of you guys, good luck :D

Last edited by Tsumi, Dec 19, 2016
  20. mikeyt1998

United Kingdom
    I'm not 100% sure on the Splitting of ROMs, I've heard rumours that Trimmed Sun/ Moon ROMs don't work but I guess it's different so I'm not sure if I'm honest sorry!
    Really? Can you link me to it? I didn't realise it was that much of a help hahaha I don't mind, I just wanna see! :)
    it's for Retail copies/ Retail RIPs. At least, that's what I used!
    It's true that you shouldn't have to use the ROM Patcher to get the game working. I just included it as a failsafe as this is the exact process I used to get it working. Thanks for the info though! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Pokemon, Gateway