Hacking tutorial on how to downgrade 10.2 to 9.2?

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure its been posted before but i can't seem to find it. I don't own one with 10.2 (mines 10.5) but was told my pokemon 20th bundle i get tomorrow will have 10.2 so i figured i'd do what i can now to be ready.

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i managed to find one. But like it shows under my name i'm a newbie at this lol. Not even sure how to install the homebrew launcher to start the downgrading

D

Deleted User

I don't mean this as an insult, so please don't take offense when I say this, but if you don't even know how to install the homebrew launcher, you shouldn't be downgrading your console.

Rather, take a day or two to read about it, with 'it' being things like how to get homebrew running in the first place, what the different entrypoints are for your system version, and especially what can go wrong with downgrading (for instance, you have to use sysupdater, and there exists a version called safesysupdater, but it's not really the safest version). 3dbrew.org is a great resource for learning about the different entrypoints, and smea's site for the homebrew launcher and the payloads gives some insight as well.

And if you really don't care about reading and want to dive head first (either ending up in the deep end or the shallow end), this tutorial is a good one for downgrading, as it has what seems to be the 'safest' version of sysupdater in the OP (there's never a 100% chance it won't brick, but this version makes it much more likely for you to be able to recover, at least to a usable extent). And if you feel like reading through the whole thread (it's a long one), it will give you more insight as to what might go wrong, what mistakes other users made that bricked their console, etc. All of this is to give things an overall better success rate.

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i planned on reading up for a few days. I've picked up easy when it came to modding/downgrading when it came to PSP/WII/360 etc.

D

Deleted User

Most people just like to go without any ounce of info, so I just figured I'd give the speal. Have you figured out how to get the Homebrew Launcher to launch?

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people just like to go without any ounce of info, so I just figured I'd give the speal. Have you figured out how to get the Homebrew Launcher to launch?
yeah i figured it out. thanks. haven't really done alot yet still reading up to make sure i don't end up with a paperweight.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Ah, that's good to hear. I think you'll do fine, but if there's anything that seems wonky, I'm sure someone here will help you out.

wyntre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I can tell you is once you have your files to use with sysupdater, make sure to use the latest version of Winrar to unpack the files, I kept having issues with unable to read CIA or something like that (been a while since I've downgraded, don't remember the exact error I was getting, but it was very common)
Once I updated winrar everything worked fine and I was downgraded within the next 20 mins.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
One thing I can tell you is once you have your files to use with sysupdater, make sure to use the latest version of Winrar to unpack the files, I kept having issues with unable to read CIA or something like that (been a while since I've downgraded, don't remember the exact error I was getting, but it was very common)
Once I updated winrar everything worked fine and I was downgraded within the next 20 mins.
Or just use a better archive manager. :)

Ramen_Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: downgraded ended up with franken firmware but re-downgraded and now on 9.2.0-20U
nb8676.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared