[Tutorial] NUSPacker for Noobs

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by EstPC13, Dec 28, 2016.

1. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2012
    Canada
    Code:
    Empty or invalid encryption provided. Will use 13371337133713371337133713371337 instead
    This gets me everytime, I am using the correct Common Key D***56 but I still see this message when encrypting XCX to transfer to SD:install\

Is this a normal message?!

2. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you're following this thread's instructions, then you aren't using the -encryptionKey parameter, so it's normal. If you want to know more about nuspacker and its options, take a look at the NUSPacker thread.

3. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2012
    Canada
    I'm using
    Code:
     -encryptKeyWith D7
    Is that wrong?

4. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    -encryptionKey and -encryptKeyWith are two different parameters. You're only providing the second, so the first uses the default (1337...). That's fine.

5. XpertXP1

XpertXP1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    Sorry to necro this, but im having the same problem here, not sure what i missed...."C:\Users\xpert\Downloads\WDKE08\DuckTales Remastered [WDKE08]" -out "C:\Users\xpert\Downloads\WDKE08\DuckTales Remastered [WDKE08]\out" -encryptKey D***********************

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    -encryptKey isn't a valid parameter, so you're not providing either parameter. You need to provide at least -encryptKeyWith, and it has to be the Wii U Common Key, since that's what the WiiU is going to try to use to decrypt your package.

If you don't want to see the message about the other empty key, provide -encryptionKey as well. It can be any 16-pair (32 character) valid hex (0-9,A-F) value.

Last edited by nexusmtz, Aug 8, 2019
  7. tomasadam3

tomasadam3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    Not sure if you're active here anymore, but I've been trying to use nuspacker to convert my loadiine format TMS#FE game to WUP format, though I'm not really sure if what your saying is that this threads tutorial is incorrect. Would this be the correct command?

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptionKey 13371337133713371337133713371337 -encryptKeyWith commonkey

8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    The tutorial is ok as is. It's fine to leave out -encryptionKey and let it default. The other poster was just concerned about the message you get when you omit it.

Your command is ok, if you have the right common key (starts with D7)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted