Hacking [Tutorial]Noob-proof guide on how to get PS3 CFW on OFW 4.82

DuoForce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBATemp, since no one else bothered to make a guide for this, I thought I should

To start things out, you must have a PS3 Console that has a minimum firmware of at most 3.56. If not, then you cannot downgrade your console. You can check yours using this guide by Tom Bombadildo or by using this chart made by Red
  • First off, Download NAND/NOR Writer
  • place the "flsh.hex" on the root of your flash drive (Must be formatted to fat32 so the PS3 can read it)
  • Launch the Internet Browser
  • Be sure to set the homepage as blank (You do this in the options)
  • Head over to Red's website http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/
  • Select "PS3 4.xx NOR NAND WRITER"
  • Bookmark the page and quit the browser
  • After going back into the browser, select "NOR 4.82"
  • You should have a page that looks like this
  • Select "Write to NOR Flash Memory" and wait for the console to shut down
    • If it fails, simply try again
    • Even if it says success, you have to wait for the console to power down, if it does not power down after 20 minutes, then simply reboot the console and try again.
  • Congradulations, you can now download a 4.82 CFW of your choice, I use 4.82 FERROX Standard, but you can use an alternative CFW if you want as long as it supports 4.82
  • Place the CFW you got in USB:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
  • Install it by going into System Update
  • After installing, you will have your CFW on PS3!
OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
  • After you have installed CFW, download QA_Toggle to the root of your flash drive.
  • Use "Install Package Files" in the "games" tab to install the file
  • Run QA flagger, then wait a few seconds to minutes until it gets you back to the main menu, then restart your PS3
  • Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
SPECIAL THANKS

Last edited by DuoForce,

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be said that hosting this yourself is safer and has more of a success rate. But you can use red's website only if you don't know how to host these files yourself.

Porthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It should be said that hosting this yourself is safer and has more of a success rate. But you can use red's website only if you don't know how to host these files yourself.

Wasn't hard in my case, download and install python 2.7, turn off windows firewall, run miniweb, run server.py script. Access the exploit via ip and port shown in miniweb via the ps3 browser :)

Reactions: Zero72463

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the simple guide, I'm up to this part. I have the 4.82 Ferrox standard update file, I assume it goes on the root of the usb and once I put the usb in and go to system update the xploit will know what to do from there?
  • Place the CFW you got in USB:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
  • Install it by going into System Update
  • After installing, you will have your CFW on PS3!
OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
  • After you have installed CFW, download QA_Toggle to the root of your flash drive.
  • Use "Install Package Files" in the "games" tab to install the file
  • Run QA flagger, then wait a few seconds to minutes until it gets you back to the main menu, then restart your PS3
  • Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
SPECIAL THANKS

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the simple guide, I'm up to this part. I have the 4.82 Ferrox standard update file, I assume it goes on the root of the usb and once I put the usb in and go to system update the xploit will know what to do from there?

Make sure to rename the pup to PS3UPDAT.pup and place it inside PS3/UPDATE/ (if you don't have those folders, make them) and you should be good to "update".

Reactions: Closet Nerd

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
done all that but at the end where the rebug comes in, im trying to install that but appears data corrupted

Make sure the download is completed by checking it using MD5 hashes for correct and completed downloads.

Optional: Make sure the Rebug you're downloading is from red's website and not from the rebug's official site itself (either one is fine really, but the one linked on Red's site is pref since it's fixed for 4.82)

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Make sure the download is completed by checking it using MD5 hashes for correct and completed downloads.

Optional: Make sure the Rebug you're downloading is from red's website and not from the rebug's official site itself (either one is fine really, but the one linked on Red's site is pref since it's fixed for 4.82)

can you help me with the correct link to download the rebug??? i have downmoad it from rebug´s site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple