1. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

As long as it is YOUR 3DS NAND file , sure go ahead you can restore using the write command.

2. Makoto0729

Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay. And yes, it is my console's specific backup.

3. lewishack

lewishack Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I'm working on my NEW3dsxl and I got this SD adapter SanDisk SDDR-121-A11M in the mail, only problem is it's for a MicroSD, so obviously a MicroSD adapter won't fit. All the instructions say to use the MicroSD adapter card but nothing about actually using a MicroSD card, is it possible to use a MicroSD card with the USB reader device I bought or should I order a different one? I don't understand why this item was included in the list if it's not for a regular sized SD card, I believed that was the case when I bought it.

Thanks!

4. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Your need a Micro SD ---> SD card adapter, also that's one of the crappiest card readers(personal experience) also you will need a certain SD Card reader to read the NAND.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh wait with a bit of solder work you can make that work :D, just solder the SD Card adapter pins to the Micro SD Card reader, I think....(Best just get the ANKER one to be on the safe side).

5. lewishack

lewishack Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I ordered one, just annoyed at buying extra stuff. Hey how's my solder job on the SD adapter? I think I got the right points.

http://imgur.com/s3JmaZ8

Also the lock button fell out, I have it but it's loose in the case, it says it's necessary to work so is it problematic if it's not 100% snug like before I opened the adapter?

Last edited by lewishack, Apr 25, 2016
  6. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

without the lock button you can write to the NAND i think...., should be fine and hey same adapter as me :D .

Think I figured a way to make this all internal so no need for the SD card adapter/reader :D I'll try it when I do mine.

7. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

I just tried soldering my console (after doing a few lessons after school and personal attempts) and I ended up burning my finger and the solder sadly didn't go on the board, but that is not it... I now have a black indent where that place used to be, I am royally screwed and upset. Suggestions? Should I get a new board or should I try return it to CEX as faulty (it was bricked) and hopefully they wont notice it is tampered with.

8. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

They'll notice the tampering and you should've learn to solder properly before attempting, upload a pic off the mess please I may be able to help.

9. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Hey man, I went sleep and woke up and the hole isn't their anymore, I am still attempting I guess, I ruined the original CLK I think, so I'm using the ALT, however I heard that the original ruined may cause problems, I don't know if it is that bad though.
    I'm currently trying to put it back together, but a small wire is keeping me busy (at the top right).

10. Gryphus

Gryphus Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi, I have a problem when trying to write to the nand. Win32 Image Disk prompts me the following error (see picture):
    "An error occurred when attempting to lock the volume.
    Error 5: Access denied".
    [​IMG]

I've checked the following variables:
    -The SD Card adapter is not on the lock position. I've moved it down and up again a couple of times just to be sure.
    -I've checked wire continuity with a digital multimeter and it's ok.
    -Win32 Disk Imager is run as administrator, and security software (antivirus real time protection) disabled.
    -Also, per Win32 Disk Imager forums recommendation See 1 \\ See 2 I've unplugged and plugged again the USB card reader with the program launched, but that didn't work.

Additional Information:
    -The console is a New 3DS XL. SysNAND dump size = 1,84 GB
    -The Boot Screen is this one (picture).
    [​IMG]
    -If I connect the card reader to the PC before turning on the 3DS, the error code is different: The first 0xFFFFFFFF is replaced by 0xDFCFFFFF
    -Card reader is Anker® USB 3.0 (68UNMCRD-B2U) : Realtek RTS5306 (Per this tutorial recommendation).

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Last edited by Gryphus, Apr 29, 2016
  11. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

I have just put my 3DS back together with the Hardmod somewhat installed? Whilst forcing it down and sellotaping the small ribbon cables I managed to get a blue screen to appear on the bottom screen, it flashes and I can read 8046. Does this mean I am okay, it at least assures me I didn't break the motherboard.

EDIT: I managed to get the small ribbons in after lifting the hinges (facepalm). The N3DSXL still powers off instantly after flashing BSOD, could this be a battery problem? Or did I screw the Hardmod up or what, I have tried putting my charger in and it stays orange for 5 seconds. So confused on what to do.

EDIT 2: I've got it perm blue screen and hooked SD to my computer via inbuilt, don't know if it will work, I got it to be shown as inserted and stuff but Win32DiskImager wont launch now, so I guess I'll be getting an adapter.

One thing still bothers me, the top screen is black and the bottom is blue. It is the same even without an SD card connected, I feel like I've done something wrong...

EDIT 3: Can no one help me? :/ When I plug it in with an adapter it still doesn't work, it has loads of 0's with SD Plugged in and loads of F's when it isn't.

Last edited by EpicInki, Apr 29, 2016
  12. lewishack

lewishack Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well I got the 3DS to boot up again! But then the touch screen wouldn't work, probably all the pressure from the extra wiring taking up space behind the touchpad. So I opened it up and cut all the wires loose.

Long story short, I messed up some of the solder on the CLK and adjacent points because of how fine they are. Here's a pic, any fixes for this? Not sure if there's anything I can do anymore =(

I've tried to remove the solder between the connections, but none of it comes off.

Last edited by lewishack, May 3, 2016
  13. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Has anyone got a hardmod from vb_encryption_vb? Is he good?

14. TheToaster

OP TheToaster Kishore Gowrishankar

United States

Did you run Win32DiskImager as administrator? Right click the program and click run as administrator

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply, I hope you have got this problem fixed.

Last edited by TheToaster, May 10, 2016
  15. Gryphus

Gryphus Newbie
    Newcomer

Yes, program is run as administrator:
    Don't worry for the late reply, it's ok, but I haven't been able to fix the problem yet, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or if the N3DSXL is permabricked.

16. escovadecabelo

Newcomer

Brazil
    Just to help a lot of persons that (like me) don't live in USA and get some problems to found a compatible Card Reader.

I found this on in Aliexpress, Rocketek USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader, I just purchase this (USD6,23 and free freight).
    note. I didn't tried yet, but the annouce says that use the chipset RTS5306, I think will work, but I live in Brazil and the mail from China to here usually delays about 60 days. So, if you want a feedback from me if work or not, will be wait 60 days.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rock...ld-in-Card-Cover-and-2-Slots/32621783323.html

17. joshie1002

joshie1002 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just in case anyone wants to know, I found a common SD card reader that might work for many people. I just completed my first hardmod on a 11.0.0-33U 3DS XL, and the card reader wasn't being delivered until next week, so I tried a few different card readers I had. None were working, so as a last attempt, I plugged my modified micro SD Card adapter into my HP Officejet 8600 printer... and it worked! Just wanted to let everyone know because most people already have a printer that might work... Thank you for the excellent guide...

*Note: You must plug in the SD card adapter to the printer, turn on your 3DS to get the blue screen, then unplug and reinsert the SD card adapter for it to be recognized by the computer.

Hey Gryphus, have you checked the "lock" slider on your sd card adapter? I know mine fell out during the process, I had to make sure I put it back (and "un-locked") after the mod. If it is missing or on lock, you would be able to read the nand but not write to it...

Last edited by joshie1002, May 26, 2016
  18. Gryphus

Gryphus Newbie
    Newcomer

Last edited by Gryphus, May 19, 2016
  19. ollicnat

ollicnat Member
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    Thanks for the tutorial, I did some hardmod on 3ds old normal and on xl (with my laptops sd reader),
    In new 3ds xl was so dificult to do because sd readers, in my coutry are so dificult to find, that was the reason why I used a micro sd to usb reader(nintendo ds flash card for example ), look the pics.
    Pura vida!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by ollicnat, May 29, 2016
    Loko4 likes this.
  20. Rapjoker

Rapjoker Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I got this same problem and I use "Revoltec 80 in 1 Portable Cardreader". I think buying a new card reader is not worth or should I really try and lose some money?
    By the way, I soldered ALT CLK, because it seems easier and rest I used this guide http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsPath=102&newsdesk_id=164

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TUTORIAL], Friendly], Dumping