mrkurtcobain GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yep yep, will have tracking soon :D

4. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

China
  5. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

The alternative CLK point on an o3DS is quite small, might get difficult and you risk rippng pads up if your wires are too big. I used wires from an old IDE ribbon to do mine.

6. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

China
    Why the frankenSD step shows the SD pinout and not microsd?

7. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

You can't really make a franken microSD! Not hard to figure out though if your using a micro SD reader though you got to be careful with the orientation. Also you may have to bridge the switch pins so the reader thinks there's a card in the slot.

8. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

China
    I mean the frankenSD is a microSD to an SD adapter, and it does show it like that in the 2DS, 3DSXL, N3DS and N3DSXL sections. But in the 3DS section it shows a normal SD pinout.

9. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

I think the OP just compiled information and pictures he found and put it together in this thread. The SD pinouts are all the same just shown differently

Last edited by mudassirul, Mar 25, 2016
  10. Dennis G

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Lmao you're not gonna believe this,
    My N3ds is fully functional again and i fixed it all up, what i needed to do was this:
    My franken sd was probally fully functional but i can't test that anymore now,
    i found another sd adapter, i try'd that one just by soldering 4 wires in to it and putting those 4 wires in to the holes that i have in my new 3ds (my port) without acctually making the port connector, somehow it got reconzied, but since it was just a test i had no unlock thinggie on the sd, so i assamble it with lock button and all, and it doessen't work!! so i check it all and somehow after i dissasamble it again it works again, so i tape the lock place and restore it. and that diden't work in the beginning, i had to put in the usb over and over again in to the trans reader and that worked, restoring diden't work in the beginning either it kept giving me a size error and then the connection would lose, but after a while it finnaly restored with 2.2mb per sec and it finally booted again. but now i need to make a new franken sd, what i think is the problem was just plain old luck, i probally only needed to put the usb in and out for like 20 times with my old franken sd, but what ever i'll make a new franken sd but for now my 3ds works. i'm so happy.
    some pictures of it all:
    IMG_0156 (2).JPG IMG_0153.PNG IMG_0154 (2).JPG

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alright listen.
    Ther is absolutly nothing to worry about, i had exacly the same when i enter the blue screen (nand restore screen)
    the top screen would do exaclty the same, and i just restored my n3ds and EVERYTHING WORKS, i've tested every button every hardware related function and 3d volume everything works perfecltly even every place of the touchscreen. so just restore it and everything will be alright.

Resset likes this.
  11. Resset

Resset Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Great to know that! Now I need to find proper sd card reader in Poland and wait for zl buttons to arrive coz I broke the ribbon

12. Dennis G

Netherlands
    If you have a new 3ds xl, you can order the transcend from conrad.nl/com or what ever. they are in europa and probally ship to poland, it was like 15 euro's but worth it just make sure it's supported for your 3ds

13. Resset

Resset Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I have decided to test some more of the readers. Now I have ordered Hama USB 3.0 reader (123948) hoping it has rts5306/7 chip. If not then I'm going to buy transcend one. They are locally available for about 10-12€.

14. bshepj

bshepj Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello,

I'm trying to fix a New 3DSXL that bricked due to it being turned off during installation of A9LH. It would boot to a black screen with a blue light on, so it was bricked.
    I have .bins of of the sysNAND to restore from. I installed the hard mod following the guide in the first post.
    I've gotten to the part where the 3DS boots with the blue screen and my computer recognizes the franken SD card (it asks to format it).
    However when I try to read or write I receive an error from win32diskimager. I posted an image of the error. I have an approved SD card reader. I'm guessing it is my franken SD card?

http://imgur.com/4LsDIgD

15. mrkurtcobain

mrkurtcobain GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol well you have a extra adapter now lol.

16. Dennis G

Netherlands
    Yeah and a working n3ds so i really coulden't care less how much i spended =P totaly worth it, and it's more portable anyway

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i had the same error just keeep trying, just plug the usb in and out of the card reader and keep trying everytime. it will work i also restored with decrypt9 .bin files and everything worked out.

17. tRiBaLmUnKy

tRiBaLmUnKy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Attempting to unbrick one of my systems. I soldered everything, nothing appears to be bridged. Assembled frankenSD adapter, I get the blue bootrom screen when plugged into the Anker card adapter listed in the OP but I get this error when trying to restore.

Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind! Maybe don't use your front panel USB ports if you can help it! Connected directly to ports on the motherboard in the back and did a test read just fine, now I'm doing a write with my backup.

Edit #2: Can't finish write, god dammit.

Edit #3: Already posted on next page, but restore successful after doing some reseating.

Attached Files:

Last edited by tRiBaLmUnKy, Mar 26, 2016
  18. notbleed

notbleed Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  19. tRiBaLmUnKy

tRiBaLmUnKy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All good. I reseated the SD card reader and the frankenSD and I was able to restore completely. System is alive again.

20. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TUTORIAL], Friendly], Dumping