1. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

United States
    That’s a BSoD...you may be fucked now...
    @TurdPooCharger knows those better than I do. Though, I would recommend, check to see that you haven’t bridged any of the contacts you’re soldering to.

And the cable doesn't look too bad...show me a picture of the connector, up close, please.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's not a BSOD, those are sometimes fixable.

You might've blown a fuse, or it might just be done.

3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Your two left leads for the connector looks split. Try a connectivity test with a multimeter if there are end points past the leads. Might not be able to find them and may have to use a needle to scratch open tiny exposures on the cable. Use clear tape to patch it if you go this route .

Another possibility of cursor spazzing is the touch screen digitizer (worry about this one later, focus on the circle pad first).

@SirNapkin1334, I'm not familiar with hardmod-type bricks except that it has blue screens.

SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  4. Hovel

Hovel Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I can't take pictures any closer, but if you zoom in on the picture you can see a crack/tear in the connector.

I've attached pictures of the connector. To me it seems fine. Please let me know if you see some out of the ordinary.

IMG_2597.jpg IMG_2598.jpg IMG_2599.jpg

How can I check this? I read something about a selfcheck that failes if you hear the popping/clicking noise a few minutes after you power on.

Any idea what I could be? I'm ignoring the touch screen digitzer because it sounds complicated :rolleyes:

ps. Thank you guys a lot for helping me this far! I didn't expect this many response. :bow:

5. SirNapkin1334

United States
    When you insert the ribbon cable, you close the ZIF all the way? It should have a soft click. Apply some pressure.

6. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

United States
    The popping noise is your ribbons not set properly.

7. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Recheck that cable where it's highlighted green. The first picture shows what appears to be hairline cracks.

[​IMG]

8. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

That popping sounds like a ribbon isn't plugged in right. Disconnect all the big ribbons and connect them again, be sure that they're fully inserted

9. PierceSutton

PierceSutton Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I just finished wiring an sd card to my 3ds' internal memory. I skipped the instructions where it told me to install some butt connectors. When I turn on the 3ds I get the blue screen saying bootrom error. I dont quite understand how this mod works with nothing connected to the wires. If someone could please enlighten me on the works that would be great.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I should also probably mention that when I remove the sd card attachment it still gives me the blue screen.

10. Mikemk

United States
    Either you got solder somewhere you shouldn't, or you missed/broke a ribbon cable.

11. PierceSutton

PierceSutton Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok I think I found the problem, when I started the mod I was going to attempt to put the clk wire on the small square but then it came off while i was putting back together. I notice that the top right square has come off. If I put a dab of solder on those 4 (now 3) squares will it fix the problem?

heres the pinout to show you the clk point i was soldering a wire to.

Attached Files:

12. Mikemk

United States
    Nope, it's bricked. Use a lower temperature in the future if you had the option.

13. PierceSutton

PierceSutton Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you mean the hardware is in an unrepairable state or the NAND is screwed.

14. Mikemk

United States
    I mean it would be cheaper to buy a new one than repair a lifted pad. And it's beyond what humans are capable of by hand.

You could try scrubbing off the solder mask and running a conductive ink pen between the traces. Might work might not

15. PierceSutton

PierceSutton Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright thanks, I'll try that before spending $60 on another motherboard.

16. Gluzifer

Gluzifer Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I don't think that's the one for the N3dsXL and N3ds. I included the picture I found for N3dsXL and N3ds (they appear to have the same layout) in an internet archive.
    Appears to correspond to the pinout of an SD/MicroSD adapter (second picture). mmc_adapter.jpg SDpinout.jpg

[EDIT]
    The layout shown in the picture i found in one of the archives does not work with what I found on the Wikipedia page for SD-cards. Maybe it was wrong and that's why it got removed?
    I'm however unsure if there has been a comment regarding this before (because I didn't read all of them (which are a lot of them (is there a way to search the comments?))).

It seems like there are some error coeds if some of the wires are connected wrong. As linked in the original post (wont let me post links)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  17. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    @TheToaster
    As for the GL3233, since it's not in the compatible controllers list, a few years ago I used an adapter with that controller to hardmod my O3DS and it worked. I would test it on my N3DS with the Toshiba NAND, but I'm too scared because I would surely break it :P
    P_20170217_161818.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  18. SirNapkin1334

United States
    How did you get those rad blue buttons!?

19. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I had a broken Aqua Blue 3DS, so I used the buttons from that

20. aldighieri

aldighieri Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I did a very good cable on my n3dsxl, and than i see that i need a specific SD Reader, wtf, its better buy a compatible R4. HAhaha, omg i cant believe, next time ill read the full tutorial first.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TUTORIAL], Friendly], Dumping