1. Boz

Boz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    No, any sd reader will trigger a blue screen. But different chipsets will have different error codes and only specific chipsets can correctly interface with the nand.

2. TLNiles

TLNiles Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Okay, so I guess I need a little help. On N3DS XL I got all the soldering and have franken-SD, but instead of having blue screen it just instantly turns off moments after I press Power button. What could be the cause of it?

3. Boz

Boz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Bad soldering. Show us some pictures of the soldering and the soldering in your sd adapter. Also which sd reader are you using?

4. TLNiles

TLNiles Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    I can't show adapter soldering, but I'm pretty sure it's good since it was made by person I know who's more advanced in soldering than me. Adapter is glued tightly so there's also no way I'd open it up without likely breaking the thing.
    Here's the photos of my soldering on N3DS. And I can expect that I might have done something wrong with it, since I'm not of very high opinion on my own skills for that part.
    SD reader I'm using is SmartBuy All-in-1. Before that I also tried the reader integrated in my samsung laptop, as well as a-corp reader with GL850G chipset.
    For soldering, I've been using 25W soldering iron and rosin core 61/39 solder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 0rn0lf

0rn0lf Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey everyone, my 2DS wont boot in that blue screen. I just starts normal.
    Can you see why? I think everything should be okay.
    I used the first post and this video

Attached Files:

Last edited by 0rn0lf, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Boz

Boz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Your CMD and CLk solders look dry. Try to redo them. Also try the Anker 4 slot reader. It's the only one which worked for me and I soldered directly into the reader rather than using a franken-sd card.

7. TLNiles

TLNiles Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Okay, I'll try to redo the soldering, and mayhaps use less solder this time. Also, currently I can't afford myself to buy Ankler card reader, since it would likely mean ordering it from another country. I'll keep on trying to work with whatever I have, maybe ask some friends around for what readers they have and see if I'll get any luck with compatible chipset.

8. mtmattia

mtmattia Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hello guys i've accidentally broke the DAT0 point of an OLD3ds, i can't find another TP249 on mobo can someone help me?

9. TLNiles

TLNiles Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Well, I've redone the soldering and cleaned it up greatly, but that didn't changed much - I still can't get any blue-screen error out of that brick.

10. Boz

Boz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I suspect your franken sd to be an issue or your sd reader.

11. TLNiles

TLNiles Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    I checked frankenSD continuity with wires, no shorts there. Also don't know about card reader - I expected at least some bootrom error, since this reader is capable to r/w MMC(also pried it open rescently - it's chipset is GL823K. Wonder if anyone can report using readers with same chipset and how their console behaves while using them?).

12. DaBeast893

DaBeast893 Newbie
    Newcomer

I would recommend ordering it from a European amazon, either Germany (.de), UK (.co.uk), or Italy (.it) depending on the current price and the shipping cost to Russia (if that is where you are given your profile flag).

13. Josee_bear

Josee_bear Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Some photos of the new 2ds xl board. The battery was seated in pretty well so didn't try too hard to get it out. Any direction from some of you seasoned modders on where to look for the solder points?? Have high res close ups of every part of the board if that helps??

14. MamamamaOtototo

Newcomer

United States
    Hey just wanna let everyone know that the "VIVITAR 50-in-1 card reader/writer", which I got from OfficeMax, uses the "GL834" chip which is marked as incompatible on this guide for hardmodding (at least for N3DS, may work on O3DS). It doesn't work with my New 3DS XL. This is just public info for anyone who googles the card reader.

Last edited by MamamamaOtototo, Jul 20, 2017
  15. consolex

consolex GBAtemp Regular

France
    Would you have the pinout nand new2DS XL ?
    Thank

16. Bo7amada

Bo7amada Member
    Newcomer

Bahrain
    I'm looking for that too.

17. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Anyone know where to put the butt connector( the one the op recommends for making a permanent mod) on a 2ds?

18. Bo7amada

Bo7amada Member
    Newcomer

Bahrain
    Need N2DSXL nand pinouts for hard modding.. Anyone?

19. Sepalod

Sepalod Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi all

Can someone give me a picture of the gnd point I should use for a new3DSXL? Just heared use the game cartridge case. But I'm not sure where go solder the wire.

Thx

20. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

United States
    The spot I use for ground.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by pbanj, Jul 30, 2017
    Bo7amada likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TUTORIAL], Friendly], Dumping