?

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2016.
  1. Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 7 voter(s)
  1. Sgt. Lulz

OP Sgt. Lulz Beef up

United Kingdom
    Decrypt9 absolutely requires 9.2 to run.
    You should also use the .CIA build of FBI, I'm fairly certain that also requires 9.2.

Have you tried this BootNTR version?
    https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases

2. UnassumingVenusaur

UnassumingVenusaur In All Her Gay Glory

United States
    @DeathChaos25 linked me to that version already, and it's working for me! But thanks!

3. Poketard

Poketard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am on 9.2, both my EmuNAND and SysNAND. I also can't install the .CIA build of FBI to my EmuNAND because the .3dsx version spouts an error about a wrong command, so without decrypt9 + FBI's .3dsx not working for what ever reason, I have no way to install the .CIA version.

4. Sgt. Lulz

OP Sgt. Lulz Beef up

United Kingdom
    The thing is, when you enter emuNAND you're launching firmware.bin, which is actually more like 10.2 firmware, so everything else might be 9.2, but NATIVE_FIRM is still 10.2.
    You're supposed to run D9 from sysNAND anyway.

5. Ewarin

Ewarin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    On N3DS, downgraded to 9.2, installed Homebrew, CTRBootManager and Menuhax according to the guide
    I have a problem with EmuNAND9, while choosing "Complete EmuNAND Setup" it says
    And if i try to continue it says
    Cant figure out whats wrong, my SD card is FAT32 and has alot of free space.

6. Poketard

Poketard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ohh, ok. Now I have it working. Thanks!

7. Unrefined-Nemesis

Newcomer

Senegal
    How do you tell or check whether cakes is working on your 3ds? sorry i'm new to this cfw and your tutorial was promoted by mrmario2011 and by far is the simplest on this site.

8. uribemaster

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well im going to assume you mean how can you be sure youre on cakes emunand. if you injected fbi into health and safety, then sysnand will have regular health and safety and emunand will have fbi. You should elaborate.

9. Unrefined-Nemesis

Newcomer

Senegal
    For example when you cfw a psp it states that you're on for exam0le 6.2 mee-3 firmware under system information, how can i find out whether cakes has been successfully installed like a psp confirmation

Edit: Found it as long the FBI logo is there it means it was successful

Last edited by Unrefined-Nemesis, Feb 24, 2016
  10. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Trinidad and Tobago
    Add this to the downgrade section: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-r...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/

At this point it is clear that there is a small chance for softbrick to happen if the initial sysupdater failed halfway, but still recoverable using other entry points. There is some element of luck involved as the failure state can be different depending on which files were patched before failure.

11. Charmeleon

Charmeleon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I successfully did this with my o3DS XL, but for some reason on the small o3DS everytime I press Y to downgrade it just says cia files not found or something like that and than exits to homebrew? any idea why this would happen? the update files worked fine for the old model XL.

12. Coffee Prosecutor

Coffee Prosecutor Asking too much.

Gambia, The
    Since this seems to be the best place to ask: Is it currently possible to downgrade an O3DS XL from 10.7 to 9.2?

13. Somebody Else

Somebody Else Banned
    Banned

Italy
    Is there a guide for how to upgrade a downgraded 4.5 conslole with gateway downgrade pack?

14. Ketchup901

Ketchup901 GBAtemp Regular

15. Somebody Else

Somebody Else Banned
    Banned

Italy
  16. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

United States
    When you put Emunand9 in the 3ds folder, did you also put the Emunand9 folder on the root of the sd card? I think that may be your problem, because the Emunand9 folder contains starter.bin. Put that folder on your sd and try again.

Anyways, I also have a downgraded n3ds with 9.2, but I never got that error.

Last edited by Skyshadow101, Jun 18, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TUTORIAL], Tutorial, Catch