Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i boot into cakes fw it theres no letters next to my flirmware is that ment to happen with this emunand
CakesFW doesn't have version string patching yet, unfortunately. It's supposedly coming soon, though. This and a couple of other reasons are why I advise everyone to unlink their NANDs before they try to run System Update.
how do i install gba games to sysnand with this
I believe you'd have to boot up to sysNAND with Cakes by disabling the emuNAND patch, install a patched AGB_FIRM to sysNAND through FBI (on sysNAND as well), and install GBA VC titles from there. I could be wrong, though.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well yes you mustbeusing a new 3ds and this bug must only happen on old cause i checked all the files there ok and i updated emunand and it still don't work

Irrlein

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, thanks to the guide I succesfully downgraded my O3DSXL[E]! Then I followed the Steps in "Setting up CFW" and after that I unlinked my NANDs (formatted sysNAND). At the First time Setup on sysNAND I set the language to German, so it differs from emuNAND (what I left in English language).

All seems to went well but for FBI inject: when I start H&S in emuNAND it says: "The software title could not be launched. Please download it again from Nintendo eShop." and then the Icon disappears.

I'm at a loss. I tried to inject the hs.app again like it is written here: (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/), but I encounter the same result. When I select the hs.app in Decrypt9 it has an exclamation sign behind: hs.app (!) Don't know if this is normal or an indication of a problem? Also when I inject the normal hs.app (without go.bat FBI) I got a normal-functioned Health and Safety app in emuNAND (can start it), so I think my hs.app is not defect or something because I got confused about the many hs.app's i now have on my PC.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Irrlein,

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got an unhacked o3DS on firmware 10.3.0-28U and a recently purchased n3DS on firmware 9.8.0-25U. If I want to migrate everything from my original 3DS to my New 3DS, and have an emunand on my New 3DS, should I hack it, downgrade it to 9.2, set up an emunand and then system transfer from the sysnand of the o3DS to the emunand of the New 3DS?

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All seems to went well but for FBI inject: when I start H&S in emuNAND it says: "The software title could not be launched. Please download it again from Nintendo eShop." and then the Icon disappears.
This is usually indicative that signature patches aren't enabled. Are you sure the Disable Signature Checks patch is enabled in the CakesFW menu?

So I've got an unhacked o3DS on firmware 10.3.0-28U and a recently purchased n3DS on firmware 9.8.0-25U. If I want to migrate everything from my original 3DS to my New 3DS, and have an emunand on my New 3DS, should I hack it, downgrade it to 9.2, set up an emunand and then system transfer from the sysnand of the o3DS to the emunand of the New 3DS?
I believe so.
Technically, if you're just doing oSYS -> nEMU, you can update emuNAND on the N3DS to 10.5, update the O3DS to 10.5 and go ahead with it.
IF you intend on hacking the 10.3 O3DS, however, it might benefit you more to follow the full downgrade > emuNAND > CFW guide, TinyFormat sysNAND and transfer oEMU to nEMU instead.

Is there a way to get a Japanese emuNAND in addition to a European one?
There's a way around that, yeah.
I've never tried it myself though, so I can't speak for how easy it is.
As a general rule it's easier to just use NTR or Regionfree CIAs than it is to change a NAND's region.

Irrlein

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is usually indicative that signature patches aren't enabled. Are you sure the Disable Signature Checks patch is enabled in the CakesFW menu?

Thanks a lot, that solved my problem, yay! After this there also was no (!) behind inject hs.app in Decrypt9.

After that's solved, can I set Auto-Obtain DNS back and perform a System Update through System Settings in EmuNAND?

Also can I normally change my Home Menu Design in EmuNAND without losing MenuHax?

I appreciate your help.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to do on N3DS? What tools does one use?
Should be possible.
As for the tools themselves, I have no clue, sorry.
There's probably a few guides here for that.

Thanks a lot, that solved my problem, yay! After this there also was no (!) behind inject hs.app in Decrypt9.

After that's solved, can I set Auto-Obtain DNS back and perform a System Update through System Settings in EmuNAND?

Also can I normally change my Home Menu Design in EmuNAND without losing MenuHax?

I appreciate your help.
Yep. As soon as your NANDs are unlinked, it's safe to change the emuNAND home menu theme and update emuNAND.

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe so.
Technically, if you're just doing oSYS -> nEMU, you can update emuNAND on the N3DS to 10.5, update the O3DS to 10.5 and go ahead with it.
IF you intend on hacking the 10.3 O3DS, however, it might benefit you more to follow the full downgrade > emuNAND > CFW guide, TinyFormat sysNAND and transfer oEMU to nEMU instead.

Will I be able to system transfer from oEmu to nEmu if they have different CFWs? Like, if oEmu is on CakesFW and nEmu is on ReiNAND, that's not an issue, right?

darkaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is effectively what I said, so yes.
The procedure's a bit iffy to get working, but it's absolutely feasible.

What do you mean iffy? Brick / Soft-Brick possibility? Anything i should keep in mind before trying or any tutorial i missed that I can follow?

PD: Thanks for replying!

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean iffy? Brick / Soft-Brick possibility? Anything i should keep in mind before trying or any tutorial i missed that I can follow?

PD: Thanks for replying!
No real possibility of softbricking, but it's a bit more of a hassle to get it going than just doing the usual transfer steps and you're done.
I believe you have to make sure it boots to emuNAND every time rebooting is involved during the transfer process and not a whole lot else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning