Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed the guide and installed the one on the link now

How do i fix my R4? It used to work back in the day, with my 3ds obviously, So how do i fix it.
I really want to play some DS games

Thanks in adnvace
You're looking for something called the Flashcart Whitelist.
I'm not sure that you can run DS-mode cartridges in emuNAND, so you might need to figure out how to install FBI to sysNAND and then install the whitelist.

ayylmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're looking for something called the Flashcart Whitelist.
I'm not sure that you can run DS-mode cartridges in emuNAND, so you might need to figure out how to install FBI to sysNAND and then install the whitelist.

So i'm going to inject FBI like the guide says but to SysNAND and will install this whitelist, but the thing is should i install another FBI/Cia manager or use the injected like the guide says? Also the whitelist goes on the nand or SD card? (Switch modes with L )
I really want to use my R4 so Thanks for the help!

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i'm going to inject FBI like the guide says but to SysNAND and will install this whitelist, but the thing is should i install another FBI/Cia manager or use the injected like the guide says? Also the whitelist goes on the nand or SD card? (Switch modes with L )
I really want to use my R4 so Thanks for the help!
The whitelist goes in the NAND, of course.
Be extremely careful when installing things to NAND, and make sure you grab a version of the whitelist that's NOT patched in any way, shape or form, or it won't work without CFW.
You can use any CIA manager you like, as long as it installs the CIA properly.

Razum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of an issue.

I successfully downgraded my o3ds from 10.3 down to 9.2 by following the guide. The next step is reinstalling menuhax onto my system, but every time I try and run the sliderhax page (or the qr code) a get a quick loading bar, then a chime as if it's loaded properly, and the page just stays solid white.

Can anyone help? I suspect I may need to uninstall my 10.3 version of menuhax, but I'm not sure. The only menu themes I have are the basic color ones, and I'm not sure that switching between those actually uninstalls it or not.

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty noob about it but... are my Sysnand and Emunand linked even when I don't have a NNID? I tried to log in in my O3DS but I couldn't cause Sysnand is in 4.5 (Emunand is in 10.3 BTW), I don't have NNID cause needed to format my O3DS before the downgrade cause the thing didn't want to open the browser or update I've messed up the thing twice already.

1.- My games were deleted twice, surely I remember I've entered to data management in Sysnand once, but the second time I don't remember to have done anything special...

2.- My save data of my Majora's Mask cartridge was destroyed when tried to play it in Emunand 10.3, didn't asked me anything, is there any workaround to be able to use it (and in the future preserve the save game of any cartridge) without dumping it? I've seen over there that I should just play it in Sysnand, but it is iso low and it doesn't run.

Last edited by kratoz29,

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the boot menu config, is that something N3ds users have to do also? If so what file do I add that too? Thanks in advance.

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
10. Rename the Homebrew Menu's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx and drop CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx into your SD card root

Hey man change the name HBL8.3dsx to XXXX.3dsx and make ppl open boot.cfg on notepad and see which way its going to open homebrew menu, it fucked me up.

This downloadable file has boot_hb.3dsx way file btw

Last edited by Squirtle,

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After unlinking all of my programs disappeared. Both CIAs and eshop. I know I have to reinstall the CIAs in RX. How do I restore the eshop files?

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After unlinking all of my programs disappeared. Both CIAs and eshop. I know I have to reinstall the CIAs in RX. How do I restore the eshop files?
You can't. Unlinking resets either your sysnand or your emunand PERMANENTLY, UNLESS IF YOU HAVE A BACKUP.

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which things would unlinking be better for? I know its safer. I dont mind losing the shop but I do play my games online sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte