Tutorial  Updated

Installing custom themes in vWii

EDIT: This guide is much better to use: https://demo.hedgedoc.org/s/2mYWv0YvK#
No reason to use my guide now that this exists.

Thanks to diddy81 for his custom themes and tools, it's possible to install custom themes on vWii! This wasn't originally possible by normal means, but thanks to this script you can easily inject a theme straight to your vWii. I take no credit for anything in this tutorial, I am simply projecting his work into a tutorial you can follow. His original post is HERE
You just need wupclient, Mocha CFW, and diddy81's themes & tools.

1) Download diddy81's script HERE
2) Extract the NTSC or PAL folder depending on your region
3) Download the latest wupclient from FIX94 HERE
4) Open the zip, browse to wupclient, extract wupclient.py and place it in the NTSC or PAL folder
5) Boot up Homebrew Launcher through either haxchi or browser, and choose Mocha CFW. It should reboot to home menu but with wupserver enabled
6) On your computer, open wupclient.py in a notepad. Scroll down until you see a line with an IP address, that looks like 192.168.1.50. Delete this and add your Wiiu's IP. Then save and close it
7) Install Python if you haven't already
8) Run the file called BackupxxxApp.py with Python, and it will automatically do all the work for you to download your vWii's .app file. It will take a while to finish
Note: Backup this .app file somewhere safe, in case you want to revert back to the original theme or want to use a different custom theme

9) Once it's done, download diddy81's ThemeMii Mod HERE and extract it to your computer
10) Download the theme of your choice from diddy81's thread HERE (Be sure it's your region and for 4.3!!!)
11) Open ThemeMii.exe and go to File>Open and choose the .mym theme file you downloaded in step 10
12) Click on "Convert to .csm" and choose the .app file we extracted earlier from your vWii on step 8
13) Save it as theme.csm and place it in the NTSC or PAL folder depending on what you have
14) With your Wiiu still on, run "Injectxxxtheme.py" and it will automatically inject the theme file for you. This will take much longer to inject, be patient (You may get an error at the end. Ignore this, it succeeded)
15) Once it's done injecting, launch vWii as usual and your theme should be there!

I thought it would brick
Yes through the normal conventional way of installing from Homebrew Channel using the homebrew app. But this injects the theme directly to vWii without being in vWii via IOSUhax. I tested it myself and got a red theme going in my vWii.

This is an alternate method for custom themes that works.

Last edited by MattKimura,

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Russellgro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, will any of these themes work from a website I found? I have a certain theme such as Rhythm Heaven I am wanting to use. It's from rc24.xyz/goodies/themes.

Also, where can I find its IP?

Last edited by Russellgro,

randomperson21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant find BackupxxxApp.py

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, will any of these themes work from a website I found? I have a certain theme such as Rhythm Heaven I am wanting to use. It's from rc24.xyz/goodies/themes.

Also, where can I find its IP?
i foud it with JGecko

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant find BackupxxxApp.py

i foud it with JGecko

you only need to use the backup python script for your region. if it doesn't work, use ftpii u everywhere to grab the file (location can be found in python script - i.e. Edit with IDLE when right clicking).

randomperson21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only need to use the backup python script for your region. if it doesn't work, use ftpii u everywhere to grab the file (location can be found in python script - i.e. Edit with IDLE when right clicking).
i opened backupntcapp and its running ad for a few minuets it just been creating code its done making code does that mean its done

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the python script with backup in the name. I used this tutorial and no issues. I still have the blue theme on my vwii.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's mine:

20200402_045327_HDR.jpg

and, I managed to backup my ntsc file:

upload_2021-1-8_20-13-14.png

I also downloaded the modded version:

upload_2021-1-8_20-15-21.png

randomperson21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use the backup?

Also its been injecting the theme for 5 hours. I'm not kidding.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just replace the file in the right place if you have the backup (this is for ntsc, which if you're American based on your flag, should be right::

upload_2021-2-12_12-54-20.png

wup is very slow too, but it shouldn't take five hours. maybe two or three minutes for a 6MB or so file.

randomperson21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just replace the file in the right place if you have the backup (this is for ntsc, which if you're American based on your flag, should be right::

View attachment 246304

wup is very slow too, but it shouldn't take five hours. maybe two or three minutes for a 6MB or so file.
I had to use task manager to end it because it would not respond so i dont remember the col it was at i assume thats how much lines there are but it was at 118782

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as you can see, the python scripts are very short. this is the size of my backup. the blue theme I use is around 9MBs I believe:

upload_2021-2-12_13-4-48.png

yep:
upload_2021-2-12_13-7-33.png

randomperson21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as you can see, the python scripts are very short. this is the size of my backup. the blue theme I use is around 9MBs I believe:

View attachment 246306

yep: View attachment 246308
I'm not sure if it has something to do with how when i was injecting the first time the internet shut off and when i go to thee vwii its very hard to read but it says the system files are corrupted.

randomperson21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 246306

yep: View attachment 246308
ok something weird happened I when in after a had to force python to close and I see the theme but there is no sound no music except the channels but I guess this will do for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning