Tutorial  Updated

Install PSP 6.61 Pro-C Infinity Custom Firmware

Downloads Links

Uninstalling Infinity
  1. Download, Extract, Copy: folders, 'OFW' and 'Chronoswitch', to PSP storage.
  2. Boot: Chronoswitch (CHRONOSWITCH folder). X to proceed. X to continue. X to start updater.
  3. Start OFW update (UPDATE folder).

Troubleshooting

"A later version of the system software is already installed. There is no need to update."
  1. Copy version.txt into SEPLUGINS/ folder.
  2. Go to recovery menu. Enable Configuration. Enable version.txt
  3. Copy 6.61 OFW update into PSP storage (PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP).
  4. In PSP, install the OFW 6.61 update (not via Chronoswitch).

Before Installation

Downloads Links

Installing Infinity
  1. Update to 6.61. Remove any UMD from the disc drive. Deactivate or remove any plugins (.PRX).
  2. Download, Extract, Copy: folders, 'Infinity' and 'CFW', to PSP storage.
  3. Boot: Infinity 2 (UPDATE folder). X to install Infinity. X to reboot.
  4. Boot: CFW installer (PROUPDATE folder). X to install.
  5. Boot: Infinity 2. Press left. X to choose respective (*)CFW. PS button. X to exit.

Optional: 6.60 plugins on 6.61

Attachments

• 660_plugins_on_661.zip
    1 KB · Views: 2,291
  • PSPident v0.75.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,872
Last edited by zfreeman,

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve been away for a long time from the PSP scene. So is the pandora battery now obsolete?

It’s not needed if you are just trying to install CFW. It can still help recover some types of bricks, but it has been generally been replaced by BaryonSweeper which doesn’t require an original PSP battery and works on more models.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It’s not needed if you are just trying to install CFW. It can still help recover some types of bricks, but it has been generally been replaced by BaryonSweeper which doesn’t require an original PSP battery and works on more models.

Good as most original batteries are dead by now, even if they have never been used.

MaxsonMX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello. I just got a psp 3000 with 6.60 ofw on it. I tried to install infinity 2 solely using the instructions on its website and readme file, however, after following every step perfectly and having seemingly installed and enabled the cfw successfully, it cannot detect game ISOs that I copy into it. How do I troubleshoot it from here?
Update: I used cronoswitch 7.0 to go back to 6.60 ofw again. Gonna try this guide now.
(Btw I have a 3004, 04g, with a micro sd adapter.)

Last edited by MaxsonMX,

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just got a psp 3000 with 6.60 ofw on it. I tried to install infinity 2 solely using the instructions on its website and readme file, however, after following every step perfectly and having seemingly installed and enabled the cfw successfully, it cannot detect game ISOs that I copy into it. How do I troubleshoot it from here?
Update: I used cronoswitch 7.0 to go back to 6.60 ofw again. Gonna try this guide now.
(Btw I have a 3004, 04g, with a micro sd adapter.)
It sounds like the ISOs are in the wrong directory or it's a driver issue. On the VSH menu, have you tried changing UMD ISO mode?

MaxsonMX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It sounds like the ISOs are in the wrong directory or it's a driver issue. On the VSH menu, have you tried changing UMD ISO moI us
Nope, it just seems that the guide on the infinity website is incomplete primarily, and then I needed 6.61 instead of 6.60. I uninstalled infinity and downgraded back to 6.60 ofw, updated to 6.61 ofw, followed your guide and it now works perfectly. Thank you.

Last edited by MaxsonMX,
Reactions: zfreeman

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's is your problem, this firmware only works right in model 1000s and early model 2000s.
You're thinking of the cIPL that can be flashed for permanent CFW. It is not compatible with later models. This is the reason why Infinity was made as an alternative to cIPL.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to ensure I have a clean OFW, but I'm already on 6.61, how do I re-install the OFW? (Or do I need to?)
I've been running 6.61 LME-2.3 up to this point.

I'm not able to run an update from the "System Update" or the Game column in the XMB.

Also, I can't boot into the recovery mode by press R while booting up.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
If I want to ensure I have a clean OFW, but I'm already on 6.61, how do I re-install the OFW? (Or do I need to?)
I've been running 6.61 LME-2.3 up to this point.

I'm not able to run an update from the "System Update" or the Game column in the XMB.

Also, I can't boot into the recovery mode by press R while booting up.
You need to use Chronoswitch

Reactions: BiPoLaR

lauty29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was wondering if anybody could compile the last infinity with Home button swapped with Select button because my home button isn't working and i can't make the custom firmware permanent. or maybe point me in the right direction to do it myself. Thanks!

trolldad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe someone could help me? My PSP 2000 is running CFW 6.61 LME-2.3oo (Infinity) and things are fine (runs all PSP & PS1 games I throw at it).

But whenever I tried to quit PSP game, it doesn't go to the XMB and instead force closed / turned off completely.

Same thing didn't happened with PS1 game.

Any ideas what could be the problem? TIA.

Edit: Nevermind I found the solution. It was one of the plug-ins. I don't know which one was the culprit so I delete all but the cwcheat. It's normal now.

Last edited by trolldad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning