How to use Monster Hunter 4 Editor

Hi guys, since finally I fixed important bugs of the editor, I decided to make a little guide of how to use the web tool.

WARNING: IF YOU USE INTERNET EXPLORER, BETTER CHANGE TO AN OTHER LIKE CHROME.

Steps:

• Registration ( If you don't have an account) / Upload the save
  • Login
  • Edit the save
  • Download the save

Registration ( If you don't have an account) / Upload the save

Okay I want to use the tool, what I need do first to start?

First you must go to: http://mh4editor.x10host.com and click register button or go to http://mh4editor.x10host.com/register.

Then fill the form. The last field is the user1 file. You can upload at register time or after login, as you want.

i959izh.png

Login

If everythings go fine, you will be redirected to login page. Introduce your username and password and make login.

06oonVl.png

For those who don't trust, here is a screenshot of the user table. As you can see, the password is encrypted.
r0dBhqc.png

Edit the save

Once you make login, you will be redirected to main page. In main page you will see a item list which you can buy. Buy action consumes your ingame zenies. At the moment character custiomization is not implemented yet nor left side panel isn't activated. In your profile (mine didix16) you can see some info about your save like character colors, money, HR, hunter name, etc.

GstmrrO.png

How to buy?

Click hover an item. Buy button will appear. Click on it. A buy dialog will appear. Select amount of units do you want to buy. Click buy. When dialog dissapears means that your item has successfully inserted into your save. Watch out your money!

6kJmytm.png

Download the save

So, finally I edited my save... And now how can I get it back to my 3ds?

1.) Click hover File. File menu will appear.
2.) Click hover MH4U Save file
3.) Whoala!! Finally I gotta the user1 file edited. Now I can import to 3DS and continue playing ^-^

9XVHgaN.png

Extra:

Also the talisman generator is working.

You can select the talisman type, number of slots, 2 abilities and the amout of each one.

At the moment the abilities descriptions are only available in Spanish because I only have spanish data.

Still to complete the english descriptions data. Don't affect the functionallity.

6xwRSg5.png

Fill the fields and finally click hover "Generate the talisman". You will see the hammer become animated. When the animation finishes you will know that the talisman has been generated.

If it never stops will mean that some error has ocurred.

Y1LmtMa.png

Well that's all.
Please if you encounter some bugs send me a pm to improve the editor. Thanks to all. I hope you enjoy this tool :)

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Could register Through Microsoft Edge but not firefox.
If i want to upload my User1 this happends: http://puu.sh/jVX0Q/33d1e26f3d.png
Edit:
My save seems to be on the Server.
If i change anything the save i download is the same i initialy uploaded.
And i can only click on Carm generator everything else has no effect.

Last edited by Chakratos,

Kimura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe a dump question but how do i get my save? i don`t have the game as card or a gateway. i own it as download version and would like to edit the save too. is there a way?

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Could register Through Microsoft Edge but not firefox.
If i want to upload my User1 this happends: http://puu.sh/jVX0Q/33d1e26f3d.png
Edit:
My save seems to be on the Server.
If i change anything the save i download is the same i initialy uploaded.
And i can only click on Carm generator everything else has no effect.
Send me your username by pm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this work with GATEWAY SAVES?
Nope, but if you have gateway, you can install SaveDataFiler cia and extract the user1 file, edit it and then import it again, that's is how I do

Maybe a dump question but how do i get my save? i don`t have the game as card or a gateway. i own it as download version and would like to edit the save too. is there a way?
Do you have ironhax, tubehax, OoTHax or any kind to use homebrew or install SDF?

Do I need a decrypted save for this or does it use the .sav?
You just need userX file from your save. You can get it in some ways:

- SaveDataFilter (cia)
- SaveManager (homebrew 3dsx)
- Any other method wich I unknown to get save files

NOTE: The userX file is encrypted

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I am getting a File Size Incorrect error. I dumped my save file twice using SDF and transferred it to my computer using FTPony (using binary-mode transfer of course). Am I doing something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there