Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IF YOUR A NOOB AT WII HACKING THAN THIS IS THE GUIDE FOR YOU!

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU BRICK YOUR WII BY DOING THIS IM NOT RESPONSIBLE!!!!
Because if you brick your wii by doing this its because you problebly did somthing wrong.

Anyways, well we know Nintendo Released the new Update (a.k.a 4.0). it realeased allot of IOS's and HB bloackers including not running the Tiwlight Hack.
But in this Tutorial ill Show you how to Get all the cool Updates and Have the HB Goodies at the same time!

BUT FIRST!! You need:

HomeBrew Channel (DUH!!)

CIOS rev9

IOS60.wad (Google it. Since its an llegal on GBAtemp)

Wad Manager (Normal Version)

Strongly suggest to download Preloader Just incase of a brick

When you get all of those files Your ready to go! so lets get started! =D

STEP 1:
Drag the Wad manager app and put it into the "apps" folder and make a folder on the root of the SD card called "wad". Get the CIOS rev7 (or higher) folder and put it in the "apps" folder. Then grab the "IOS60.wad" and drag it into the "wad" folder on your SD card. than pop The SD Card back into your wii.

STEP 2:
Start up your wii and go to The HomeBrew Channel and run Wad Manager (NORMAL VERSION), then you will see "IOS60.wad". install it by pressing + on the Wiimote. Than when your wii restarts, start up the Homebrew channel again and the load up "cIOS_rev7" (but if you have a higher version that works too). Than select "Internet Installation" and when it finnishes installing your wii restarts and the we go on to the next step.

Step 3:
Go Update your wii through Nintendo. then in the meantime grab a snack and let it update, when it finishes updating you will have wii 4.0.

CONGRATS!!!
You finnished the tutorial!

if there's any problems please reply.

EDIT: aw crap, can a mod change the treads name to "[TUTORIAL] How to Update to 4.0 without any HomeBrew getting Dissabled"?

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thank you but i have a question what is IOS60... i mean what does it do and what is the purpose of installing it before hand?? is it patched or something??

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference between this and Waninkoko's updater??

You update the shop channel as well this way and you don't Waninkoko's way?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
look at the post before your's mate

Read my question, mate.

His was what's the purpose and mine was what's the difference.

Sure, yours will work for JAP Wii's too, but it also updates the Shop Channel. That should be noted...

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, regardless of any differences, so long as you can still install .wads (which you can), then if something does break, you can fix it pretty easily. Nice.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masamunecyrus said:
It really works this easily? What's the purpose of Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, then?

I think Waninoko's updater only installs what is necessary and keeps the fakesigning bug in most of the other IOS's. (If they have it)

Updating through Nintendo will update every IOS to the latest version and you will lose the fakesigning bug.
But you can easily get it back again by running IOS downgrader.

Here is a list of Homebrew that uses fakesigning:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Category:Homebrew_...ses_fakesigning

This is how I updated:
Installed cIOS rev 09
Installed patched IOS 60 wad
Updated through Nintendo
Ran IOS Downgrader
Installed Preloader
In preloader's "System Menu Hacks" I enabled "Skip disk updates" (That will prevent games from trying to update your IOS's)

QUOTE(pro2oman @ Apr 4 2009, 06:53 PM) thank you but i have a question what is IOS60... i mean what does it do and what is the purpose of installing it before hand?? is it patched or something??

Yes, it is patched.
IOS 60 is the IOS used by System Menu 4.0
A patched IOS60 lets you run pirated virtual console games and other unofficial channels from the sdcard in 4.0

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
masamunecyrus said:
It really works this easily? What's the purpose of Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, then?
Its because that only works for NA and EU users. This works for Korean and Japanese wii's
I assume this is not for NTSC (USA) then?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiiguy said:
Vidboy10 said:
masamunecyrus said:
Its because that only works for NA and EU users. This works for Korean and Japanese wii's
I assume this is not for NTSC (USA) then?
No, this defenatly works from NTSC wii's.

staller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only question i have is do you have to run the hacks remover to remove preloader beofre reinstalling the preloader after updating to 4.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr