Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have the following folders in "content" : Actor, Effect, Event, Font, Game, Map, Model, NavMesh, Pack, Physics, Sound, System, Terrain, UI and Voice. If not, then re-install the update, it could be this causing the crashes.

You mean I should have those folders (Actor, Effect, Event, Font, Game, Map, Model, NavMesh, Pack, Physics, Sound, System, Terrain, UI and Voice) in both the game and the update folder?

Bearzerg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You mean I should have those folders (Actor, Effect, Event, Font, Game, Map, Model, NavMesh, Pack, Physics, Sound, System, Terrain, UI and Voice) in both the game and the update folder?

Yep, but their content is slightly different than the game's folders

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, but their content is slightly different than the game's folders

I think I'm actually not replacing the file on the game folder, since those folders do not show up for me. Can you tell me how the folder structure of the game folder should look like, starting from storage_usb, if possible?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I figured it out, the 00050000 folder never showed up on my FTP client on smartphone, so I'll just repack the game with the modified file and install it again.

Last edited by S77,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been following the thread for a while but after a couple of issues with cutscenes, I've decided to run a clean install. I've read the new OP and it seems to heavily suggest going for language files on the same regional version. I might stick with the same japanese method from before, but i'm wondering if it's possible to create an extra file with the Japanese voices in in the same way, seeing if the game will run those. Might not hurt to try.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been following the thread for a while but after a couple of issues with cutscenes, I've decided to run a clean install. I've read the new OP and it seems to heavily suggest going for language files on the same regional version. I might stick with the same japanese method from before, but i'm wondering if it's possible to create an extra file with the Japanese voices in in the same way, seeing if the game will run those. Might not hurt to try.
Interestingly, that made my game Spanish. I'm guessing it defaulted to the next thing that wasn't English, since I changed the EUen in the txt file to JPja and added a JPja folder.
Let me know if I'm doing this wrong:
# ƒVƒƒ[ƒv‚ÅŽn‚Ü‚és‚̓Rƒƒ“ƒg‚Æ‚Ý‚È‚³‚ê‚Ü‚·Bi“r’†‚©‚çƒRƒƒ“ƒg‚̓_ƒj
# 1s–Ú‚ªƒŠ[ƒWƒ‡ƒ“‚ÆŒ¾Œê‚̃tƒBƒ‹ƒ^iƒXƒy[ƒX‹æØ‚èj
# JPja USen USes USfr USpt EUen EUes EUfr EUde EUit EUpt EUnl EUru KRko CNzh TWzh
EUen EUes EUfr EUde EUit EUnl EUru
# 2s–Ú‚ªRomTypeB2s–Ú‚ª‚È‚¯‚ê‚ÎRomType‚͋󕶎š—ñ‚É‚È‚é
EU
# JPja USen USes USfr USpt EUen EUes EUfr EUde EUit EUpt EUnl EUru KRko CNzh TWzh
JPja EUfr EUde EUit EUnl EUru
EU

My plan was to add a JPja voice folder, change Msg_EUde.product.ssarc to Msg_JPja.product.ssarc and change the regionlangmask.txt as above.

Last edited by speckxz,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interestingly, that made my game Spanish. I'm guessing it defaulted to the next thing that wasn't English, since I changed the EUen in the txt file to JPja and added a JPja folder.
Let me know if I'm doing this wrong:
EUen EUes EUfr EUde EUit EUnl EUru
EU
JPja EUfr EUde EUit EUnl EUru
EU

My plan was to add a JPja voice folder, change Msg_EUde.product.ssarc to Msg_JPja.product.ssarc and change the regionlangmask.txt as above.
Further to this, I've got everything working as normal again. Is there a way to change the Champion powers yet? I tried messing with the .pack stuff but succeeded only in changing the subtitles to japanese.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to undub the champion's voices. Woohoo!

There's that TitleBG_USen.pack (replace USen with your language) in /content/Pack. I took the file of the language I wanted (in my case japanese - so the file's name TitleBG_Jpjp.pack) and I unpacked it using uwizard.
Then there's a folder - Jpjp - inside the extracted pack. I renamed it to the original game's language (in my case EUde) and repacked it.
Uploaded it and boom - champion's voices undubed.

But there are still some npc voices that are still not undubed. Looking into that when I have time.
This has just muted the champion files for me. How did you get it to work?

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This has just muted the champion files for me. How did you get it to work?
It muted my files when I only changed the file name without unpacking TitleBG****.pack. You need to unpack it, rename the folder inside to your game's language, and then repack it with esarcpack.py

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm starting to doubt the new method now. It's interesting to hear that replacing the champion voices does work if you repack it properly. IIRC, TitleBG****.pack or one of the archives inside contain .bars, which surprisingly don't cause issues like the others do. I noticed a while ago that some if the .bars in Voice are very big and may contain sound files as well. Perhaps the voices are Riju's and Sidon's non-cutscene voices and all the other voices that aren't undubbed. We may only need to replace these bigger ones and leave the rest for a full undub. Just an idea.

Reactions: thrik

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It muted my files when I only changed the file name without unpacking TitleBG****.pack. You need to unpack it, rename the folder inside to your game's language, and then repack it with esarcpack.py
I did that but it didn't work for me. Maybe I messed up somewhere.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to doubt the new method now. It's interesting to hear that replacing the champion voices does work if you repack it properly. IIRC, TitleBG****.pack or one of the archives inside contain .bars, which surprisingly don't cause issues like the others do. I noticed a while ago that some if the .bars in Voice are very big and may contain sound files as well. Perhaps the voices are Riju's and Sidon's non-cutscene voices and all the other voices that aren't undubbed. We may only need to replace these bigger ones and leave the rest for a full undub. Just an idea.
i only just now discovered that rijus not cutscene voices were still in english. i didnt know this was a known thing.

Reactions: FlappyFalco
S

Saiyan Lusitano

stop it, the voices are bad in all versions. Stop this Japanese is superior bullshit because it sucks too.
No, I disagree. I loved the Castellano dub and would also adore a Zelda animated series with that same voicecast.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Are we able to unpack the .bars to see if it has any sound files in it?

lizardperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Are we able to unpack the .bars to see if it has any sound files in it?
Only the .bars files starting with NV_ have sound. Well, at least they have data segments marked with "FWAV" strings inside them.

How far in the game is the first dialog with dub leftover or a sound problem related to the copying of .bars files?

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things like this are going to make me stop being lazy and learn this python language. Last time I did anything like that, was back in 04 at devry...

I'm old lol

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It still freezes after multiple replaces of that file, really odd. I have the lastest update, and the TitleBG_EUeu.pack from the update is literally the same as the one from the game, it wasn't changed.

:) Have you fixed this? Im trying the same but still freezes the game. It seems its because of the update file recognize the change. I want the Champion Items voices as Japanese.

Managed to undub the champion's voices. Woohoo!

There's that TitleBG_USen.pack (replace USen with your language) in /content/Pack. I took the file of the language I wanted (in my case japanese - so the file's name TitleBG_Jpjp.pack) and I unpacked it using uwizard.
Then there's a folder - Jpjp - inside the extracted pack. I renamed it to the original game's language (in my case EUde) and repacked it.
Uploaded it and boom - champion's voices undubed.

But there are still some npc voices that are still not undubed. Looking into that when I have time.

It works for me, did you repacked it with the ESARCP.py ?

Would you mind to send me your TitleBG for the update folder? It seems when I change this with the new one is bigger and it makes my game crash at the title screen... :(

Last edited by BeRnYGP,

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:) Have you fixed this? Im trying the same but still freezes the game. It seems its because of the update file recognize the change. I want the Champion Items voices as Japanese.

Nope, I gave up, it simply does not work. I think I uninstalled and reinstalled the game at least 10 times trying to do that. I'll just stick with the old method of having only the cutscenes undubbed, it's enough for me.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe because I'm using Cemu but the TitleBG swap worked fine for me, game loads and loads normally but I have noticed some of the grunts are in English.

SommenRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, I gave up, it simply does not work. I think I uninstalled and reinstalled the game at least 10 times trying to do that. I'll just stick with the old method of having only the cutscenes undubbed, it's enough for me.
Also not working. Tried replacing just the ssarc inside too, but no dice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong