Status
Not open for further replies.

How to remove password on 3ds.

IMPORTANT!!! THIS WILL NOT DISABLE THE PARENTAL CONTROLS PASSWORD, BUT ONLY THE LUMA3DS PASSWORD. SO DON'T ASK.

So.

(step 1) - Take out the SD card and put it into your computer.

(step 2) - Go into the luma folder

(step 3) - Delete config.bin

And your complete! put the SD card back into your 3ds and your finished!

Reactions: KonPet

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it would be better if you include full steps with pictures, but that's my two cents.
It's not complicated enough to warrant pictures. Come on, all you have to do is remove SD:/Luma/config.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have luma 9.0 and I don't have this option when I old select
It's in the top row of options. Not the yes/no options, but the options that have multiple options.

Gamer4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try deleting the entire Luma folder. Also try booting without the SD inserted. Do you have luma boot.firm in CTRNAND?

ok i deleted luma dir from root, when i tried rebooting luma came back without the password prompt, when i deleted it again without sd card, the system powered on for about a sec and went off

i didnt have any boot.firm in luma dirs , only bin files

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[...]without sd card, the system powered on for about a sec and went off
Then your system isn't booting from nand for some reason, maybe you didn't copy Luma's boot.firm in the right place on the nand, maybe you're using a bootloader that doesn't support booting a payload from nand in the first place (don't think such a bootloader compatible with current Luma exists, but it certainly could be made)

Reactions: Gamer4Ever

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then your system isn't booting from nand for some reason, maybe you didn't copy Luma's boot.firm in the right place on the nand, maybe you're using a bootloader that doesn't support booting a payload from nand in the first place (don't think such a bootloader compatible with current Luma exists, but it certainly could be made)
Perhaps he's using fastboot3DS and forgot to setup CTRNAND booting?

Reactions: Gamer4Ever

Gamer4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok got it working now, so i managed to setup ctrnand booting, this was skipped cos i wanted the system intentionally not to boot without sd card inserted for security reason. Copied luma's boot.firm [one from root of sd] to luma dir in ctrnand and along with the rest of the .bin files/folders from sd luma. After that, i just deleted the luma folder and boot.firm from root of sd card.

Tested, password prompt now pops up without sd card inserted and checked that the folder of luma and boot.firm are indeed removed from root of sd.

thx for advices here, much appreciated! :)

Last edited by Gamer4Ever,
Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Gamer4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question after the above process is complete - when i need to update b9s/luma/3ds fw etc, is there anything i need to do differently as luma is in ctrnand now? thx

Arcui

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMPORTANT!!! THIS WILL NOT DISABLE THE PARENTAL CONTROLS PASSWORD, BUT ONLY THE LUMA3DS PASSWORD. SO DON'T ASK.

So.

(step 1) - Take out the SD card and put it into your computer.

(step 2) - Go into the luma folder

(step 3) - Delete config.bin

And your complete! put the SD card back into your 3ds and your finished!

I tried this, didn't work.

Could you help me out, make a video or something!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and right after i see a tutorial for adding the password lol
As I said in the other thread: Luma3DS pin is just good enough for preventing a small child from doing nonsense with GodMode9. The other use is providing contact information on the "lock" screen in case the console gets lost.

Getting to the point that only ntrboot will bypass the pin requires a small adjustment to the B9S source code and recompiling it. I don't recommend doing this though as it is not particularly safe for the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse