1. yes

62.8%
  2. no

37.2%
  3. 43 voter(s)
  1. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    Make sure it's called scph1001.bin. Put it in a folder called system found under cores. Maybe you've changed the folder where bioses are supposed to be found?

2. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Welcome to GBAtemp!
    Have you tried setting the directories?

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    any game i throw at this just crashes the system or it crashes back to homemenu.
    I got a bios file in system folder, use .pbp games and turned off audio resampling.
    using latest nightly core.

it's hard to see, but the last thing i see on the bottom screen before it bails out is something about screen sample rate and the number 4000something

any ideas? is it the bios?

4. Greenbuds420

Greenbuds420 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I didn't even realize this was possible until finding this thread.
    So cool to be playing PS1 on my 3DS.
    Is there a list of game that work/don't work somewhere?

5. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Is there a way to prevent a crash while pressing the L & R shoulder buttons? (in game)
    I'm using the latest nightly atm.

6. Fierfek

Fierfek Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I could really use some help here. I just want to play SotN on my New 2DS XL, no idea why it's giving me so many problems when I've seen people saying it works perfectly.

I'm using the latest stable version, installed the CIA, found a BIOS online (though I have no clue how that works tbh), but SotN is running like garbage. Audio stutters a ton, frames dropping everywhere, etc.

I've tested a forwarder CIA for SotN before, and it worked well, so I know my device can run the game.

I have no clue what to do here, could somebody help? I want both video and audio to work.

7. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    There are general settings you should have set. First off vsync should be off in video tab of settings.
    Make sure you're compressing to pbp or chd right, if not it might be fine now to just use normal .bin/.cue format.

8. rolenks

rolenks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    can anyone check if mega man legends works through this method? ive been trying some methods to attempt to play it but its all for naught as when i made it a cia through another converter it never got pasted the loading screen after the capcom logo. if anyone could check i would be very happy

9. C410C354R

C410C354R Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Believe or not, I managed to run this emulator on my Old Nintendo 3ds XL ( not New) and the framerate is pretty acceptable...

10. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Even if that's the case to where it runs ok you are still missing 2 extra buttons and a 2nd control stick unless you use a circle pad pro. Actually i don't even know if retroarch for 3ds supports the circle pad pro.

C410C354R likes this.
  11. C410C354R

C410C354R Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I think there are some games that doesn't require these buttons and this control stick , they're optional or something.

cvskid likes this.
  12. retrospect

retrospect GBAtemp Fan

I've tested a few games now and changing frameskip from 0 makes them all a lot worse. I think 0 means "skip as many frames as needed" rather than "don't skip any frames". Disabling "audio resampler" in the driver settings makes sound seem normal most of the time.

Most video sequences are a bit slow. I'd prefer videos to be rendered at a lower resolution rather than slowed down. Is there an option for that? Some games are too slow throughout to enjoy, while others slow down at certain points.

I haven't figured out how to get the circle pad to work yet - think I might need to make a remap file.

13. kapishi

kapishi Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    can i play on touch screen? my top screen is broken

14. fizdog

fizdog Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got everything Installed. Didn't use a bios as post said it's built in. Tried mortal kombat trilogy said no bios. All startup screens are slow. Get to the menu to start game it's fine. Play a game it's fine until you win a round then it's a little slow again. Didn't do audio settings per the op as I read right past it. Definitely will have to get a bios and do audio settings. Other than that great tutorial.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The emulator uses top screen to play the game. The bottom screen is for the retroarch info about the emulator. Unless there's a way I do know

Last edited by fizdog, Jan 28, 2021
  15. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i believe it's possible to switch top and bottom screen in retroarch. let me check

EDIT: not possible in retroarch. i was thinking of standalone emulators like mgba.

Last edited by enderer, Jan 29, 2021
  16. fizdog

fizdog Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How to add bios? I added one to the cores system folder. Still says there is none and in options, under use bios there's only auto and hle. Edit: the bios worked for another game I have. Loaded the ps1 startup and everything.

Last edited by fizdog, Jan 30, 2021
  17. DoctorSpock

DoctorSpock Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is hella impressive. I'll be giving this a shot with my older (lol) N3DSXL

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TUTORIAL], games, 60fps