Tutorial How to play online with ANY Header on Sky3DS!!! No worries about Manufacturer ID!

Did this tutorial work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Luke Alder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah i see im using EUR so the ids will be different

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and its annoying me cos ive tried out 2 methods on here and they both dont work

however it works for persona q

The difference is in the savegame function. Usually the save goes to the SD card on the console whereas on card 2 games they are saved directly on the cartridge.

And they dont have the same chip. Actually i have found out that each version of the couples(like X & Y and OR & AS) have a different m.ID than the other.
i need help

MatteAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! First of all I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to OP, I was hopelessly trying to make SSB work in any way and I couldn't... until I found this guide!

Now, there's one passage I'd like to add which makes this tutorial working in the 100% of the cases:

Do everything the tutorial says as the tutorial says, play the game, and you still get the 002-0123 error.

Then open up Sky Army Knife, load up the old template and the rom you're trying to load. copy the SHA1 code, open up the new-template with notepad and find the SHA1 string you just copied.

THAT SECTION is the only thing you'll need in the whole file. go to the fifth byte at the beginning of the section after the end of the SHA1 code. it will go like 00 00 00 00 AND THEN THERE WILL BE THE MANUFACTURER CODE, which will probably be C2.

CHANGE THE C2 CODE (or whatever that is) to either AE or 45. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE.

Save the file, fire up Diskwriter, RELOAD THE NEW-TEMPLATE and write up the ROM again. if it's 002-0123 again, go back and try the last manufacturer ID.

Also, to optimize the procedure, there is an optional step you can take.

BEFORE STARTING fire up Sky Army Knife and load up the old template and the ROM you want to load.
as before, copy the SHA1 code, look it up with notepad in the old template, and then copy everything, even the stars, starting from the line of the cart code (something like ** : CTR-P-EGDP) down until the last hex number until the beginning of the game after (which will begin again with ** : CTR-P-Something)

New .txt file, paste the section into the new file and save as template.txt (rename the original one though)

You have just created a one-game-only template! This means that if you do the whole procedure:
1) you won't lose any past change because you'll keep a file for each game (which you can join together in a single file afterwards)
2) the SkyTempIDEdit.exe won't take minutes anymore but it will finish instantly!

just BE CAREFUL not to leave any empy space or line at the beginning of the file!!

Reactions: vijankush

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Alpha Sapphire works for Mario Kart 7 US even though the header is C2 and MK7 is 45. The header doesn't work with any other games though, even if they are C2 games. I can't figure out why. I follow the steps exactly so if anybody knows what could cause this I'd appreciate some help.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Alpha Sapphire works for Mario Kart 7 US even though the header is C2 and MK7 is 45. The header doesn't work with any other games though, even if they are C2 games. I can't figure out why. I follow the steps exactly so if anybody knows what could cause this I'd appreciate some help.

Try to change the IDs manually by editing the template with a text editor. Some games have mutiple entrys and maybe not all of them got patched. Search for the name of the game, that should be something like CTP-XXXX.

vijankush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys was out of GBATemp for a while. Glad to be back. Thank you all for supporting my thread :)

I had actually already known about changing the manufacturer id straight from the template, which would've been easier for some of you. But remember there are some people who are new to all this so I thought a method that might consume a long time but work for everyone should be the best :)

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I got it to work, but I did it slightly differently than this tutorial because this only patches one game at a time, while mine you can patch multiple ones and has the same idea. The mistake I was making was not rewriting the games.

1. Used No Ban No Sky to patch the newest template.txt . This will replace all the headers with your private header. Rename the template (i.e. private0810.txt).
2. Open Gateway ROM Patcher 'as administrator' and Load the 3ds ROM you want to play online.
3. Click 'Import header from file' and select your private header.
4. You'll see popups, click 'Yes' to all of them. This is so the Patcher can suggest the correct Chip ID.
5. Open your patched template.txt with any text editor. Search(ctrl+f) for the Game Serial of your rom (you can find the serial at the top of the Patcher).
6. Copy the Chip ID at the bottom of the Gateway ROM Patcher
7. Place it where the Chip ID is for your game. There might be more than one instance of the game serial so be sure to patch their Chip IDs too.
8. Save the template.txt and use it in your Diskwriter. (make sure you put this template in your Diskwriter before writing your rom)
9. Write your rom to your microsd.
10. Your game should play online now!

P.s after patching the chip IDs so that your template works online for your selected ROMs I suggest changing the template name again (i.e online0810.txt).

I'm not sure if this would work for everyone but it worked for me! Let me know if this works.

You're a genius! This worked for me. Thanks! I've literally been searching for about 4 hours trying to get this working!

Reactions: vijankush

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using OP's method I'd have to repeat this process 4-5 times if i have 4-5 games i wanna go online with? then after i patched p all those games THEN id write the new template in diskwriter and should be good to go?

Or using @phoenix_wrong method i can consolidate this to one bigger step and patch all my roms at once to go online THEN write the new header and then finally writing the games??

phoenix_wrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using OP's method I'd have to repeat this process 4-5 times if i have 4-5 games i wanna go online with? then after i patched p all those games THEN id write the new template in diskwriter and should be good to go?

Or using @phoenix_wrong method i can consolidate this to one bigger step and patch all my roms at once to go online THEN write the new header and then finally writing the games??
Sorry I'm a little confused by your wording. If you follow the way I posted, from beginning to end I believe you'll have no problems. One of the first steps I put was to patch the header first, to the entire template using No Ban No Sky. Following that is the steps to make all the Card IDs compatible with your private headers Card ID. Thats the key to make a sky3ds template to play online games!

BTW I'm glad that it has worked for you guys! Sorry I've been away, I'm thinking of making a seperate thread to post the method just so people can find it more quickly, seeing as how it's worked for everyone so far

Last edited by phoenix_wrong,

Alejandrosd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work, but I did it slightly differently than this tutorial because this only patches one game at a time, while mine you can patch multiple ones and has the same idea. The mistake I was making was not rewriting the games.

1. Used No Ban No Sky to patch the newest template.txt . This will replace all the headers with your private header. Rename the template (i.e. private0810.txt).
2. Open Gateway ROM Patcher 'as administrator' and Load the 3ds ROM you want to play online.
3. Click 'Import header from file' and select your private header.
4. You'll see popups, click 'Yes' to all of them. This is so the Patcher can suggest the correct Chip ID.
5. Open your patched template.txt with any text editor. Search(ctrl+f) for the Game Serial of your rom (you can find the serial at the top of the Patcher).
6. Copy the Chip ID at the bottom of the Gateway ROM Patcher
7. Place it where the Chip ID is for your game. There might be more than one instance of the game serial so be sure to patch their Chip IDs too.
8. Save the template.txt and use it in your Diskwriter. (make sure you put this template in your Diskwriter before writing your rom)
9. Write your rom to your microsd.
10. Your game should play online now!

P.s after patching the chip IDs so that your template works online for your selected ROMs I suggest changing the template name again (i.e online0810.txt).

I'm not sure if this would work for everyone but it worked for me! Let me know if this works.
Hey, newbie here.

Ive tried that method over and over for pokemon AS, but i just cant get it to work. I run it through the gateway rom patcher and i obtain my chip id. I put the chip id into my template. I change the template on my disk writer to the new and edited template. I start getting errors saying that theres no resource data. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Charmeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to follow this tutorial with my sky3ds+ for pokemon omega ruby but I get lost on step 9. What is a template?
I have firmware version 112 on my sky3ds+ but I see nothing about templates. I am trying to put all my cartridge games onto my sky3ds+ but I cant figure out how to inject the headers:/

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im trying to follow this tutorial with my sky3ds+ for pokemon omega ruby but I get lost on step 9. What is a template?
I have firmware version 112 on my sky3ds+ but I see nothing about templates. I am trying to put all my cartridge games onto my sky3ds+ but I cant figure out how to inject the headers:/
Sky 3DS+ is different. You can find the instructions for that on their website. I'd ignore where it says to change the CART_ID because that made my ROMs not run. It doesn't use a template.

Charmeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky 3DS+ is different. You can find the instructions for that on their website. I'd ignore where it says to change the CART_ID because that made my ROMs not run. It doesn't use a template.
Okay I found instructions and they said all I had to do was copy and paste the header after the line "GAMESAVE_KEY=" and I did but it still will not let me go online. I also cant seem to repeat the process of obtaining the Header as every time I redo the process the text displayed in HxD changes. Hopefully someone makes a tutorial specific for sky3ds+ I've been trying to get online with pokemon omega ruby for a few days now and haven't had any luck. I bought the sky3ds+ so I could put all my cartridge games on it so I wouldn't have to carry all my games and so far the process is a pain and I will find it hard to recommend a sky3ds+ to anyone if I cant even figure out how to get it to work online.

ct1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I found instructions and they said all I had to do was copy and paste the header after the line "GAMESAVE_KEY=" and I did but it still will not let me go online. I also cant seem to repeat the process of obtaining the Header as every time I redo the process the text displayed in HxD changes. Hopefully someone makes a tutorial specific for sky3ds+ I've been trying to get online with pokemon omega ruby for a few days now and haven't had any luck. I bought the sky3ds+ so I could put all my cartridge games on it so I wouldn't have to carry all my games and so far the process is a pain and I will find it hard to recommend a sky3ds+ to anyone if I cant even figure out how to get it to work online.

The process to get this to work is actually a bit simpler now...

Make sure your roms are CLEAN and have no header info... (opening in Gateway should have FFFFF in header info)
Now, open the rom in Sky Army Knife and find the CartID, which is based on ACTUAL cart manufacturer.. eg... Super Smash and MK7 start with C2..

Okay now you should have your CART ID, and you should have a private header.

On SKY3DS+, in SETTINGS file on MAIN CARD, add the line CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1, or change a 0 to a 1 if it is already there.

Finally, re-insert the Sky3DS to get unique .CFG files of every game on the SD card.
Now, place the SD back into the computer, and open the .CFG files in text-edit.

it should have

CART_ID=C2XXXXX / 45XXXXX / AEXXXXXX
ENC_TYPE=XXXXXXX
ENC_SEED=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
FLASH_ID=XXXXXXX (This should also have a C2/45/AE... WE WILL CALL THIS "ORIGINAL CART ID")
GAMESAVE_KEY= private header goes here

Now, your private header is from a specific game, that either has a C2/45/AE header.. open that game in Sky Army Knife to find out what it is.
OPEN THE (game you're trying to edit) CFG AND ONLY CHANGE THE FIRST TWO LETTERS OF THE ORIGINAL CART ID AFTER "CART_ID=".
So for example, if the original header is C2BBBBBBB, change it to 45BBBBBBBB if 45 is the game from your private header.
Now, paste your private header (WITHOUT SPACES) after GAMESAVE_KEY , and save the file.

LAST STEP: IMPORTANT: DELETE THE .SAV ASSOCIATED WITH THE GAME. OTHERWISE THIS WILL DO NOTHING.

Now you should be good to go.
I am using a 45 header on super smash bros, on Mk7, on MH4U...works fine.
Hope this helps somebody

Last edited by ct1996,
Reactions: MINATEK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse