1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

That's already exactly what the guide is telling you to do, It's simply more detailed because there is more that you can to with techonmoon's then just simply inject and blindly hope the output is as desired. There are quite a few games (Resident Evil, Hitman, Starfox, Pokemon Colosseum) that require a bit more then just simply injecting them to get the best results.

2. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The fact that there are files that can't be linked to here directly for copyright reasons does not preclude one from providing clear explanation of what these files are, or at least hints as to how to go about finding them.

In addition there is no explanation for how to "make your own Nintendont inject with the Wii VC inject script."

As it stands this guide is counterproductive and actively confounding.

edit: I just realized that Method 1 would work fine if the Nintendont files link just went to the Nintendont github page instead of a dead site. It makes you think that those are special files crucial to getting Nintendont working on the gamepad that have been taken down, when you just need to get the regular Nintendont release.

Last edited by cugel, Apr 26, 2020
  3. iori82

iori82 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi I have some problems with some gamecube games with padwiiu, like metroid prime, everything works well except to run the analog to rotate the other camera..how do I set it?

4. Russellgro

Russellgro Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I use Wiiflow on the Wii U gamepad mode, and I have a problem. I converted my HDD usb drive to Fat32 and it only lets me use the SD card. Is there a fix to it?

5. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I could be wrong but I think the only way to run Gamecube games from the usb on Wii U is to create individual Wii U homebrew injects you launch from the Wii U menu for each game. You might want to ask in the general Nintendont thread.

Russellgro likes this.
  6. Lula20

Lula20 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Just a question, do I have to hack vWii to make it work?

7. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nope, I haven't.

8. Morricorne

Morricorne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Simple question. Can i play all gamecube games on this freak wii u gamepad /tablet without use my tv?
    Im only interested with this. Play favorite gc games without tv use will be awesome. Or i Need tv to do something like this?
    I think about buy Nintendo Switch, but wii u still is cheaper

9. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes you can. Basically: install Nintendont in the usual way. Then use the Wii U USB helper to download the Wii U Nintendont forwarder, and install that. Whenever you launch the forwarder it will ask you if you want to play on the gamepad only.

Also, the Wii U has built in perfect Gamecube emulation because there's still Wii hardware inside. The Switch doesn't have that, so it looks like although you can technically run a Gamecube emulator on it the games run like crap because it's all software emulation and the Switch isn't particularly powerful. So don't buy a Switch for Gamecube games.

Last edited by cugel, Jul 25, 2020
  10. Morricorne

Morricorne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    After that all. I need everytime confirm in this forwarder i want play on Wii u gamepad?
    I only need portable gamecube emulator. Like Nintendo switch, Sony PSP. Without tv use.
    Can i do something like this?
    I think about buying Nintendo switch lite to play resident evil games and other gamecube games. Switch its expensive than Wii u.
    And now i have dilemma. Buy switch lite or Wii u.
    I have fully working cfw Nintendo Wii black gc compatible. And its great. But i need something portable.

11. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What do you mean by portable? The Wii U you can play in bed, but you can't take far away from the console. So you can't take it out of your house or in a car.

Hacking a Switch Lite isn't easy.

You can run Gamecube games on a hacked Switch but they aren't going to run as well as on a Wii U:

EDIT: if you want to play Gamecube games portable, and have them actually look good, you have to spend real money on a gaming laptop with actual power. I have a GPD Win Max coming this month, I got it for about 700 USD because I backed it early, I think it will be 800 - 900 once the early ones are delivered.

Last edited by cugel, Jul 25, 2020
  12. Lava3063

Lava3063 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hello. I see the notes that you need the scripts. where can I get those

13. Mhart88

Mhart88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If you have a phone such as Samsung Galaxy S8 or above, anything with a processor better than Snapdragon 835 I believe,than from what I hear them smartphones run gamecube almost flawlessly using dolphin emulator. Just a thought. Only problem with phone emulation is the button are on the screen, unless you use some plug in controller adapter like how the joycons slide onto the switch tablet.

Last edited by Mhart88, Aug 10, 2020
  14. Lava3063

Lava3063 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    retroarch does not have a gamecube core in the online updater.

Last edited by Lava3063, Aug 10, 2020
  15. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Also there's no chance in hell the Wii U is powerful enough to emulate Gamecube games in a software emulator.

16. thumbsupjo

thumbsupjo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is the worst tutorial I've ever read. Is there anything better?

Last edited by thumbsupjo, Oct 19, 2020
  17. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This guide is pretty much moot, I think pretty much any current method of injecting games will ask if you want to play on gamepad now.

18. Egadzz

Egadzz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for this

19. baselayer

baselayer Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When I run the HBC VC Inject for Method 3, it says "no title ID." Is there a way to fix this?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Gamecube, gamepad