1. MelodyBeats

MelodyBeats Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I've been moving my Pokemon SwSh emuNAND saves to my sysNAND saves for a few weeks now. On my sysNAND, my play activity logged SwSh at 260 hrs while my actual save file was at 240 (I idle and reset a lot). I always try to keep my play activity on my sysNAND higher than my save file in-case it could lead to a ban.

Recently I've been spending a lot of time RNGing on emuNAND which made my in-game save time 300 hrs. If I transfer my save over, I worry that this will lead to a ban. Has anyone transferred their save regardless with no impact?

I'd be alright if I got banned as I can just trade everything to a second switch. Best case scenario I just want to avoid a potential ban.

veenx0704 likes this.
  2. ReclaimerShawn

OP ReclaimerShawn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's always a risk of getting banned, but you could use PKHex to edit the time to match SysNAND as closely as possible. If you're concerned about that, this would be the best way to approach things.

3. hukanawa

hukanawa Newbie
    Newcomer

Sri Lanka
    I tried this on Pokemon Shield and every time I try to start my game on sysNAND, I get the message "Checking if game can be played" Should I be concerned about this?

4. ReclaimerShawn

United States
    Does it let you play the game? Does the save that you injected match the one you have in-game? If your answer to both questions is "Yes", I wouldn't worry too much about that.

5. hukanawa

hukanawa Newbie
    Newcomer

Sri Lanka

Thank you very much for your response, yes I am able to do both! I was just a little concerned because my Switch lite never gave me that message where as my Hacked switch keeps giving me that error lol

6. nicconicco

nicconicco Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi, can you explain my how to extract save file from sysnand and then restore the save file?
    I have emummc in a sd card, and i use checkpoint for restore modified save file in emummc. For explore nintendo switch file i use a homebrew called nxmtp.
    I want use your method and restore file in sysnand with checkpoint.
    Thank you (sorry for my english, i am an italian user).

7. moon__child

moon__child Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    does the game have to be the same format on emuNAND and sysNAND? Like both digital or both cartridge or it doesn't matter? Cuz I saw someone mentioned NSP are red flags. If I were to use a game cartridge on emuNAND and sysNAND, would that get me banned?

8. Jaredmf1012

Jaredmf1012 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    nobody probably has a definitive answer yet, but do you think this is safe for animal crossing? would love to be able to transfer the save to whenever I'm able to get the physical game on my clean sysnand, but also cool with waiting if need be.

Alessandro98 likes this.
  9. snappycg1996

snappycg1996 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have you tried this yet? I was gonna wait until the game released to buy it, but if I can transfer my save over from an NSP to my sysnand and continue playing on my cartridge that would be awesome! The wait is killing me for Animal Crossing.

Alessandro98 likes this.
  10. Jaredmf1012

Jaredmf1012 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    haven't yet, it's all sorta speculation until somebody gets a cartridge to try on a clean sysnand. decided to just wait until friday.

Alessandro98 likes this.
  11. Sunnynooch

Sunnynooch Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I can't pick up my cartridge until 5 today but I plan on injecting my animal crossing save. In preparation for this I followed the video and got my upper and lower key, and I got my save and save meta folder HOWEVER the save meta folder is empty. I suspect animal crossing doesn't use the save meta folder? Is it then okay to inject just the 222mb save file? What is the save meta file even used for? I can play just fine with that folder empty on my emunand.

Last edited by Sunnynooch, Mar 20, 2020
  12. Sunnynooch

Sunnynooch Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey! I just tried it and moving the save worked fine. There was NO save meta data to move on my emunand btw so I didn't. Anyway I haven't risked going online yet and I have a clean nand backup. I really hope I can keep this character and island. Might try going online later, here's hoping!

13. mrscienceboy

mrscienceboy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you know if transferring saves created by another user works? Or does it have to be the same user on sys and emu?
    nvm, I re-watched and you covered it.. I think

is it safe to copy saves if the users aren't the same?

Last edited by mrscienceboy, Mar 28, 2020
  14. ReclaimerShawn

United States
    Users have to be the same.

DON'T DO THIS FOR ANIMAL CROSSING! EVERYONE SHOULD READ THE ORIGINAL POST FOR INFORMATION ON THAT!

Last edited by ReclaimerShawn, Apr 16, 2020
  15. gblock247

gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    so what if you've been using cheats in SXOS on ACNH? as long as cheats are turned off before moving the save from EmuNAND to SysNAND, will you be okay? I'm where I want to be money wise and I just wanna go online with friends and visit islands and whatnot (with a physical copy of the game of course).

16. ReclaimerShawn

United States
    Any modification of ACNH will lead to you getting banned. I'd leave the game untouched and modify other games instead.

17. ghostbitxd

ghostbitxd Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Heyo Cris. Curious if you've attempted this with ACNH yet with no ban?

18. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I connect my switch directly to the computer and backup or restore the save. I could edit them but then people are claiming bans are happening but one day when switches aren't $500 USD in the market, I'll go and test a simple inventory edit and maybe use JKSV

19. lordupload

lordupload Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey guys. Could somebody help me out here. How do you know which User Savefile belongs to System Savefile?
    I just found a savefile which has the same size as the Game Save, when I want to delete it, but there is not the same filenumber in the meta_save. Is Animal Crossing special in this case cause it just saves in the device?
    Thanks!

20. Jiburiru

Jiburiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Is there a reason why you are saying just transferring legit save files from CFW Emunand to OFW Sysnand can result in a ban?
    Isn't Emunand just a copy of the Sysnand?
    As long as you don't go online with CFW Emunand ever, they won't know you have Emunand or CFW on Emunand.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], EmuNAND, SysNAND