Hacking [Tutorial] How to make working NDS VC injections, which you can install to Homemenu

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello users of gbatemp,
I tried how to install custom nds games on wiiu homemenu (PKMN) and I got it to work.
I'll give you this tutorial that you can install the games on homemenu too.
You can inject every rom to nds vc. I injected Pokémon Perl and Contra 4 in Wario Ware: touched. You don't need this: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection#C

Let's start:
(You don't need step 2-4. You can unpack the game on your pc without ever installing. You just need CDecrypt. Thanks @Zarklord )

1. You'll need to download and install a NDS VC game. You have to use the NUS files, not DDD one.
2. After you installed the game, open ftpiiu everywhere on your console and connect to it.
3. navigate to: storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/
4. Download the folder of your NDS VC title. To find it, you'll need the last 8 digits of your game.
5. You can skip this step, if you know how to inject ds roms.
5.1 Open up your downloaded folder and then open the folder content
5.2 Unzip the rom.zip archive, you'll get a file called WUP-N-XXXX.srl (XXXX is individual)
5.3 Rename the rom you want to inject ( in this case I'll use pokémon perl) from Pokémon Perl.nds to WUP-N-XXXX.srl
5.4 now you zip the new srl file to rom.zip
6. Now you'll need a hex editor (I prefer HxD)
6.1 Navigate to the code folder and open title.tmd
6.2 Use the search Option, choose there Hex strings and type the last 8 digits of the title id there.
6.3 Replace the old id with a new custom one.
6.4 Save the tmd and now cut the tmd and fst out of the code folder and save them to your desktop.
7. edit the titleid in app.xml (stored in code folder) with notepad++ (which I prefer). Make sure you use the same last 8 digits, which you inserted in the tmd file.
8. edit the meta.xml (stored in meta folder). You have to edit following things:
-Product Code (from WUP-N-XXXX to WUP-N-1234 as example)
-Title ID (Just edit the last 8 digits. You have to use the same digits, which you have injected (bettersaid edited) in the tmd)
-The long and short name
9. now you need NUSpacker
9.1 Make a new folder where you put the downloaded folder ( the edited game) and Nuspacker
9.2 Open up a command prompt in there (on windows hold shift and make a right click)
9.3 Type in following: java -jar Nuspacker.jar -in "name of edited game folder" -out output -encryptKeyWith "commonkey"
9.4 Press enter and you get NUS files.
10. Now you replace the title.tmd, which you got through NUSpacker with your edited tmd, which was first located at the code folder.
11. Now install your game with sigpatches enabled
12. Have fun!

Last edited by NicoAICP,
Reactions: markehmus

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
You know I already made a tutorial about this, didn't you?

Also, this is a tutorial, not a discussion about hacking and backup loaders. It's supposed to be on the Tutorials section.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi. How use CDecrypt to unpack game ?
You need CDecrypt, libeay32.dll and msvcr120.dll in the same folder. The put all downloaded files (.app, .h3, .tik, .tmd, .cert) in the same folder as cdecrypt and the dll files. You need a ckey.bin file in the same folder too (you have to put the commonkey there). Then hold shift and rightclick in the fodler with the stuff and choose "Open Command Window here". then paste following command in there (Without the ") "CDecrypt.exe title.tmd title.tik ckey.bin". Then you get the code, content and meta folder

Przemas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6.1 Navigate to the code folder and open title.tmd fsd missing also
But when i decrypted game i have only 3 files in code folder: hachihachi_ntr.rpx,
cos.xml and app.xml i downloaded game by Wii Usb Helper. I am wrong downloaded game ?

Last edited by Przemas,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry but I have a problem, I create 3 custom VC but one can't be installed, wupinstaller say me "access failed (USB storage attached?) can I install all but this VC no (it's pokemon ranger 1 French)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night