Hacking [Tutorial] How to install "Clean" CIA Games onto Sysnand Using Gateway

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello gbatemp this is going to be a noob friendly tutorial on installing Pre-installed CIA games onto Sysnand using your gateway card. This can be very helpful if you want to play games from your Sysnand if you don't happen to have your gateway card or have a friend without a gateway card, a 3ds with 9.2, and want to install games for him/her.

Disclaimer ~ Emunand and Sysnand need to be linked.

List of working games ~
Region Free Games :

(As far as i know, only the main pokemon games are Region Free, this means they will work on all regions)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

- File size : 1.77 Go, Credits to
miron

for the ticket and
Hundshamer

for the CIA file

Pokemon Omega Ruby

- File size : 1.77 Go, Credits to
bbmax
Pokemon X

damysteryman
Pokemon Y
- File size : 1.68 Go, Credits to
EUR Games :
Animal Crossing New Leaf

- File size : 781.7 Mo, Credits to
Will67

Fire Emblem Awakening

- File size : 1.07 Go, Credits to
Duckbuster (OP : Tricky)
Kirby Triple Deluxe

- File size : TBA Go, Credits to
Will67
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D

- File size : 644.9 Mo, Credits to
Anonymous

(OP: 87agyisbhdk)
Luigi's Mansion 2

- File size : 843.9 Mo, Credits to
Will67

Mario Kart 7

- File size : 638.5 Mo, Credits to
RikuKH3

(Update 1.1 is preinstalled, so you can play online right away.)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

- File size : 1.74 Go, Credits to
Vorffeed
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

- File size : 2.55 Go, Credits to
Anonymous

(OP: 87agyisbhdk)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Special Edition

- File size : 342.9 Mo, Credits to
bbmax

Super Mario 3D Land - File size : 290.6 Mo, Credits to

RikuKH3
Super Smash Bros. For 3DS -

File size : 1.34 Go, Credits to ??? ????
Tomodachi Life - File size : 419.3 Mo, Credits to Will67

USA Games :

Animal Crossing New Leaf

- File size : 739.7 Mo, Credits to
87agyisbhdk
Fire Emblem Awakening

- File size : 1.05 Go, Credits to
Jefffisher
Luigi's Mansion 2

- File size : 842.8 Mo, Credits to
Jefffisher

Mario Kart 7

- File size : 634.3 Mo, Credits to
Pyorin

(Update 1.1 is preinstalled, so you can play online right away.)

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

- File size : 824.0 Mo, Credits to
Anonymous (OP: 87agyisbhdk)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Gold Edition

- File size : 340.9 Mo, Credits to
Pyorin('s sister)
Super Mario 3D Land - File size : 389.4 Mo, Credits to

Ryulejzzu
JPN Games :

Tomodachi Collection New Life

- File size : 365.3 Mo, Credits to
87agyisbhdk

Requirements ~
A 3DS on 9.2 or lower
A Gateway 3DS (Red) Card
Your target CIA - you can use Google to find what you're looking for (first result is what you want).
BigBlueMenu
Hexworkshop

Steps ~
1) Put BigBlueMenu.3ds on the root of your MicroSD card
2) Run BigBlueMenu (Title Manager) as if you were loading a 3DS game by pressing select in the gateway menu and press right to be over the SDMC tab and find your CIA file
7VDL8VI.jpg

3) Install the CIA by clicking A to import it into your emunand like normal
4) Confirm the game is installed by unwrapping it and running the game
79wAzd8.jpg

5) Now switch to your pc and install then run Hexworkshop with your SD card plugged in and click on open drive then select physical discs from the tab and find your sd card (should be the size of your sd card) and click OK.
6) You should see something similar to this
gjneIXs.png
7) Right click just before the G in Gateway and change the letter to F (Make sure to click save when done) this will allow you to boot into gateway mode while in your Sysnand
Q3MB08V.png
8) Now as you can see Sysnand shows the game is installed but you can't run it
m8Atw9K.jpg
We can fix this now since our gateway card can now be used while we are in Sysnand
So go ahead and run BigBlueMenu (Title Manager) and once again find your CIA in the SDMC tab and import it but this time it will attempt to import it into your sysnand but will fail
cdauKAC.jpg
9)But now the CIA (Installed game) is ready to be unwrapped in Sysnand :)
x48URbU.jpg
Ak3GuaZ.jpg
10) Congratulations! :toot: the installed game now shows up and runs in Sysnand without any mods or flashcards and is displayed properly in your saved software titles.

Side notes ~
To fix or boot into gateway Emunand like normal simply replace that F with a G in hexworkshop
Also your saves for these games are shared in Sysnand and Emunand

Im not responsible for any corrupt Emunand or Bricks I made this tutorial as user friendly as possible!

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Will this work if I buy a legit game in e-Shop in emuNAND (assuming sooner or later a support for 9.6 emuNAND will be released) to transfer it to sysNAND ?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work if I buy a legit game in e-Shop in emuNAND (assuming sooner or later a support for 9.6 emuNAND will be released) to transfer it to sysNAND ?

Pretty sure this will only work with pre-installed games like Mariokart 7 or Pokemon OR/AS since the security ticket would be invalid
Give it a try on your own system but don't install the game onto someone elses system as it may not run at all

Reactions: Ra1d

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has free time and a new3dsxl id like you to try installing multiple games to your Sysnand this way and attempt a system transfer too see if they show up and are playable

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone has free time and a new3dsxl id like you to try installing multiple games to your Sysnand this way and attempt a system transfer too see if they show up and are playable

I did a emunand system transfer from my 3DS XL to my Emunand N3DS XL and couldn't log in to my NNID and confirm so I cancelled at the end of the process and then used BigBlueMenu to try to reinstall them and I had the exact same message and they showed up :P I'm afraid to try to install anything on my SysNand though

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone explain to me about legit and clean cias and how to tell the difference

There the games that were preinstalled on 3ds's like the mariokart 7 bundle or the pokemon OR/AS bundles that had there games pre installed these games are universal and can be installed on any 3ds

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless your source says they're Clean/Legit CIA they pretty much seem the same if someone like cearp can clear things up on behalf of my ignorant ass that would be nice seeing as these games are created from ticket.db and you're the ticket master

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way i can re-link my emunand to sysnand without losing streetpass and or save data to install legit cia

Not sure about re-linking emunand I have not had my gateway for more than a week so theres still somethings im figuring out.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we install these just by not having emunand on the sd card and just booting into gateway mode on sysnand and installing via devmenu/bbb?

congzing

Trophies
XP
Country
I have some questions:
- Can it run on New 3ds?
- After install I can reboot and the game sill on system nand,. I don't need boot to emunand anymore?
- How many game can do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy...