Hacking [Tutorial] How to have two emunand (MT + CFW) on the same SD for 4.X 3DS

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
and for installed things? like eshop games or program like savedata? i can launch my eshop games on NTR CFW if is linked with 9.5 emunand?
no, items installed install a ticket to the nand you are currently running, so if you install anything in any of the nand's sysnand/emunand1/emunand2, it will only work in that particular nand

also the NTR CFW does not run unsigned cia files

so just to make sure everyone is clear, this will not allow people to run cia files in anything other than the normal leaked cfw, unless you own a MT/gateway card

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm so the utility of dual emunand what is? o.O
Someone can try export/import save with savedatafiler and then launch game on NTR CFW and see if importing works? At leat before im doing all this work for nothing if not work XD

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmm so the utility of dual emunand what is? o.O
Someone can try export/import save with savedatafiler and then launch game on NTR CFW and see if importing works? At leat before im doing all this work for nothing if not work XD
its so you can run 9.5 classic mode (for your retail game carts/eshop access)
and 4.x cfw with your cia installed content, all from the 1 SD card

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
its so you can run 9.5 classic mode (for your retail game carts/eshop access)
and 4.x cfw with your cia installed content, all from the 1 SD card

But... many minutes ago you said that all emunand partition have their own contents that not share... and now "4.x cfw with your cia installed content, all from the 1 SD card". Can you explain better, please? with dual emunand, cfw 4.x can have installed content or not?^^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But... many minutes ago you said that all emunand partition have their own contents that not share... and now "4.x cfw with your cia installed content, all from the 1 SD card". Can you explain better, please? with dual emunand, cfw 4.x can have installed content or not?^^
you cannot run cia files you install on the cfw in MT classic mode, that's all you need to know

they *may* show up depending on if you keep the nands linked, but they are not "linked" in the sense that they will run between nands, they will just "show up"

its simple, but hard to explain in simple terms, it all just depends on if you unlink each nand, but ultimatly it boils down to what is installed on one nand may or may not show up in either of your other nands....but will only run in the nand it was install with

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In other words: also importing or exporting save with savedatafiler dont work with dual emunand?

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm surprised people want to go this far when there are simpler options, and the end result stays the same (playing rom/region-free/homebrews). :blink:

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need to know... since now i have 2 SD, one with 9.4 emunand and one with ntr cfw... i can extract both emunand and then collocate both in new one SD, or i need to do all this on a existing SD with just an emunand inside?

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need to know... since now i have 2 SD, one with 9.4 emunand and one with ntr cfw... i can extract both emunand and then collocate both in new one SD, or i need to do all this on a existing SD with just an emunand inside?

You can do what you want. If you prefer to mantain the two old Sd as backup (wise choice, you can format them later), you can use a new SD.

Remember only that if you want to inject the NTR emunand (that is the same of a GATEWAY emunand) with emunandtool, it's bettere to first format the emunand with the gateway software, otherwise without the "GATEWAYNAND" mark in the first bytes of the first sector, emunandtool wont work.

Obviously you can mark the first sector with an hexeditor and use emunandtool, or inject both the emunand by hand with dd or BBcopy.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When entering CFW my bottom screen doesn't blink white, it stays white, and does nothing. Help, Anyone?

The cause is a wrong emunand or emunand in wrong place.

Did you followed all the steps exactly, or you changed/omitted something?

Can you boot the first emunand? Did you used the boot.bin in the attached zip?

If you open the SD disk with an hex editor like HxD, can you see the second emunand starting at sector 0x00200001?

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you tryed to extract the cfw nand from the wrong disk.

Open your CFW emunand dump with an hext editor, if it's correct you should see the string "NCSD" at position 0x100.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can do what you want. If you prefer to mantain the two old Sd as backup (wise choice, you can format them later), you can use a new SD.

Remember only that if you want to inject the NTR emunand (that is the same of a GATEWAY emunand) with emunandtool, it's bettere to first format the emunand with the gateway software, otherwise without the "GATEWAYNAND" mark in the first bytes of the first sector, emunandtool wont work.

Obviously you can mark the first sector with an hexeditor and use emunandtool, or inject both the emunand by hand with dd or BBcopy.

In this case, you can tell me how to do? Where collocate the 2 extracted emunand by different SD's into new one?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be possible to use this to have emuNANDs for GW and NTR CFW in the same SD and switch between them, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all