1. Jonhy

OP Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Alright so this is a simple guide.

All you're doing is using Joycon Toolkit to change what your joycons register their color as.

If you're using CFW and would like a switch based homebrew method to do the same thing, scroll down to the red text. If not, continue.

First you'll need to get the latest Joycon Toolkit by CTCaer here.

I've attached a config to this that has the colors already baked in.

upload_2020-3-19_1-54-8.png

Simply extract it to the directory of JCTK,
    Connect left joycon via bluetooth,
    Open the program,
    Set the left set of body and buttons (yellow box),
    Hit OK,
    Then hit "Write Colors."

Do the same thing with the right joycon, but use the right set of colors (purple box.)

After that, just make sure you're on atleast update 1.1.0 and then play the game.
    You'll get mail from Nintendo and inside will be a present containing the ACNH docked switch.

Enjoy!

2020031902111800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

For CFW users, you can use the homebrew app made by CompSciOrBust that will set your joycon colors to the AC ones, and reset them back to the stock Nintendo colors you choose, or any of your choosing by editing the config.

You can find it here!

P. S. Make sure you let other people boot their AC game with your "AC" joycons so they can get it too (or show them this post.)

Incase you wanted to know what the hex colors are, snarkygoblin posted them on the main thread for JCTK.

Links:
    https://github.com/CTCaer/jc_toolkit/releases

Attached Files:

Last edited by Jonhy, Mar 27, 2020
  2. snarkygoblin

snarkygoblin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    you can do this even if you got the regular switch item in the game already - just save and quit, and re-enter the game with the correctly colored joy-cons attached. the game will have a letter waiting for you with the item in it.

Anonymous456 and Jonhy like this.
  3. Jonhy

OP Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Forgot to mention this! Yup. They count as two different times, and come in two different letters.

Edit: Thanks again for your contribution!

snarkygoblin likes this.
  4. Naendow

Naendow Brick-Master

Germany
    Wait. That means I can get the regular Switch item and after that the ACNH one tomorrow? That's awesome. :D

5. SkillingCat

SkillingCat Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Tysm for this ! I just learned this bonus item was a thing and I figured I would find a tutorial to get it with regular joy con if I came here :D

6. Aarmastah

Aarmastah Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Wow, I was expecting that the item would try to detect something in the console itself. Seems like that's not the case! Thanks for the guide!

7. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I haven't been able to test it because my switch is hard bricked but this nro should set the colours directly on the switch without the need for Joycon Toolkit. Note that this can only set the colours to the acnh colours so you still need Joycon Toolkit if you want to restore the colours.
    This is the source code: https://github.com/CompSciOrBust/JCToolBox/blob/master/source/main.cpp I just changed the RGB values.

Attached Files:

UltimateFight and Kupie like this.
  8. Kupie

Kupie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Worked swimmingly, thanks for this!

skinnyBIGGS and CompSciOrBust like this.
  9. kvs625

kvs625 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The exclusive docked switch can be bought from the atm. it sells for 35960 just got to wait and check every day to see when they sell it. but if you want to get it free and in the mail you need to change the colors.

CeeDee and cearp like this.
  10. skinnyBIGGS

skinnyBIGGS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks abunch never played this series b4 and im loving this game so laidback and stress free . Thanks again for fix if only there was one to turn it back

CompSciOrBust likes this.
  11. Jonhy

OP Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Added to main post. Thanks.

12. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    If you have the neon red / neon blue joycons the version on my github will restore them. If you have any other colours someone will need to recompile it with that colour set. If anyone has any requests I'll compile a build for them but there's so many different possible combinations that it would take way too long for me to compile every possible variation.

skinnyBIGGS likes this.
  13. Home_Rowed

Home_Rowed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Unrelated, but is it possible to compile a version that supports the SNES Switch Controllers. Because the SFC Controllers show up with their multi-colored in the menus. I want to swap the buttons on one of my SNES controllers to SFC style ones with it matching in the menu.

14. Jonhy

OP Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah I see what you mean. I'm pretty sure that they're hardcoded though. I remember there was a like 6.2 fw update and someone dumped the icons for the controllers, and it looked like that in the dump. I'm not exactly sure but I'm pretty sure it is.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wouldn't it be easier to just add a config file that passes through the colors someone wants? That way no having to deal with compiling multiple versions. (But I feel like if you do, it would probably deserve its on thread.)

15. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    I was planning on making a GUI so that you could do all the same stuff jctk does directly on the switch but I focused on Amiigo / N-Xplorer and then my switch broke so I never got to really start on joycon toolbox. I might be able to lazily add in a config file without a switch to debug it but I'll need someone to test it on actual hardware to make sure I haven't made any silly mistakes with the file location or which colours are applied to which joycon.

skinnyBIGGS likes this.
  16. Jonhy

OP Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'll join your discord. Ping me whenever you need me to test something. :)

17. Fritomaster

Fritomaster Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    He sells at his store for 35k bells too.

18. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

United States
    God damnit, I run Linux and don't have CFW!
    ...would someone be willing to perform the duplication glitch and come to Windfall?

19. AD2076

AD2076 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    wine?

20. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

United States
    Compatibility with these sorts of things is horrid, it's a miracle I could get the NSUI to work

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], exclusive, Crossing