Tutorial  Updated

How to Fix Emunand Error 022-2634 after sysnand unlink

Hello guys I just spent like 3 hours fixing this issue and there was no easily direct link that could show me the information I am about to provide on how to fix this issue. I am hoping this guide will end up on google to help those who have the same problem I had in a much faster fashion.

Step 1) Back up your emunand with emunand tool and everything on your sd card.

Step 2) Put the Gateway Launcher DAT from the Gateway website on your sd card

Step 3) Reformat the Emunand on your sd card with the current sysnand by choosing the Format Emunand Option.

Step 4) Put the latest rxTools Release (rxTools 3.0 Alpha) from the github on your sd card and launch rxTools from the rxTools website.

Link: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases
Link: http://launch.rxtools.net/rxTools

Step 5) Update the Emunand to the current firmware 10.3

Step 6)Restart the DS and go back into Emunand

Step 7)Go to settings and click network id at the top

Step 8 Optional) Backup the current Emunand as a name that will make you remember it is your NNID nand so if there is a issue you don't need to repeat steps 1-8

Step 9)log into unlinked id

Step 10) Reinject original Emunand and copy back over all the files you backed up off your sd card earlier

Step 11) Profit and be happy that you can access the Eshop once more!

Last edited by ckeel12201,
Reactions: Angely
D

Deleted-236924

Even easier:

1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
2) Go in emunand system settings, pick system format
3) Let it do its thing
4) Log into your NNID on newly formatted emunand
5) Restore emunand backup and put its folder back in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/

Should now be working.

ckeel12201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even easier:

1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
3) Let it do its thing

Should now be working.
I think I tried this last night with no luck but hey if it helps others great ^^

D

Deleted-236924

Also, another thing.

Your step 9) doesn't actually serve a purpose, because if you get 022-2634 again, simply re-injecting an emunand that has your NNID logged in won't fix anything. You'll only get the same 022-2634 error.
In fact it would be better to tell people to make an emunand backup from right before logging into NNID, so if they get the error again, they can reinject a 10.3 emunand that isnt linked to a NNID, link it, and then restore the emunand backup, which would be even faster than my method (but still require the initial setup for actually obtaining a 10.3 emunand backup that isnt linked to an NNID so this is only really useful if you somehow get the error more than once.)

022-2634 happens when your NNID is unlinked from your 3DS on Nintendo's servers, but still linked to your 3DS on your nand.
So you attempt to log in with it, but the servers see it as not being linked to your 3DS, so it throws an error.

The way to fix it is to log into that NNID on the same 3DS, either by accessing NNID settings on sysnand and logging in from sysnand (difficult to do because it asks for system update, can be spoofed but more trouble than it's worth)
Or you can log onto that NNID from emunand again, and that is why you format emunand from system settings. This officially unlinks your NNID from your emunand, then you can link it again once it has finished formatting.
Then simply reinjecting the emunand backup you made prior to system format will give you back your emunand linked to your NNID, but this time it will work because the information has been updated in Nintendo's servers.

Formatting emunand from GW launcher is more trouble than it's worth considering you have to wait for it to format, backup your entire SD card, put everything back, do manual firmware update in emunand system settings, zzz
When you only really need any way of linking that NNID to your system again. For this, backup emunand and rename Nintendo 3DS folder, format emunand in system settings, link NNID again in system settings, restore emunand backup, rename Nintendo 3DS folder back is enough. Nintendo's servers just need a refresher.

D

Deleted User

Why do your tutorial have formatting emunand? I got rid of emunand 022-2634 error without formatting since I have so many stuff on it.

I just updated sysnand to 9.2, logged into NNID there and it works on emunand. I could then downgrade sysnand.

ckeel12201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do your tutorial have formatting emunand? I got rid of emunand 022-2634 error without formatting since I have so many stuff on it.

I just updated sysnand to 9.2, logged into NNID there and it works on emunand. I could then downgrade sysnand.
You can no longer log into sysnand on 9.2 that is why I made this tutorial or my problems would of been solved when I formatted my 9.2 sysnand.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are smart you can also try this:
1. make a backup of your current sysnand/extract your ctrnand from your sysnands backup with the fat16tool on your pc (you need a xorpad of your system though)
2.extract an ctrnand ftom a backup with your activated system nnid info in it
3.extract the nnid savegames using winimage
4. delete your nnid savegame that's in the folder on your sysnands ctrnand (if you're smart you keep the empty folder so you can find it later to inject the files)
5. inject your active nnid savegames to your current sysnands ctrnand backup in winimage
6. save the ctrnand with another name so you have a clean ctrnand backup in case things go wrong
7. flash it with decrypt9 into your sysnand/inject it with fat16tool into your sysnands backup & then flash it to your sysnand later.

So basically this is a manual systemtransfer. I did that with my friendlist etc. before to save time instead of reflashing my whole NAND/ to update my friendlist or browsers bookmarks etc.

check http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData for the title id for your consoles savedata region.....

I hope this helps. Please don't do this if you're unfamiliar with this unless you have a hardmod or tested it with emunand before.I recommend to always test the result in emunand before you flash it to your sysnand! You don't need to fotmat your emunand for this!

Edit i forgot to mention that I unlinked my sysnand by removing SD card & format sysnand so I could keep my files & that you need to install freemultipatcher. Ofcourse if you want to format emunand you need to do it like @Pingouin7/OP said.:)

Last edited by Angely,

andrexd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to make my sysnand into emunand and then unlink them? i have all my games in sysnand that i bought in eshop, and i would like to use then in emunand with my nnid and friendslist.

Zene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even easier:

3) Let it do its thing

Should now be working.
I followed this tutorial and my Eshop games disappeared from my Sysnand and emunand, I figured they'd appear again after I put my files back via a backup but they still don't appear. I spent long enough trying to search for a solution on my own so I figured I'd hit up this thread.

Last edited by Zene,
D

Deleted-236924

Did you also restore your emunand backup or just the Nintendo 3DS folder?

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Even easier:

3) Let it do its thing

Should now be working.
This worked perfectly on my end! Thanks! Renaming the emuNAND's folder on the SD card was a huge time-saver honestly. I didn't want to transfer 13GB back and forth all night, haha.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
a tip to prevent this if you are NOT on a 2ds - install the 4.5 mset before formatting, and the 3ds will not call home to unlink your nnid :)

D

Deleted-236924

a tip to prevent this if you are NOT on a 2ds - install the 4.5 mset before formatting, and the 3ds will not call home to unlink your nnid :)
When was NNID added anyway?
Could potentially do it with 6.x mset too if it doesn't yet have NNID settings.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
When was NNID added anyway?
Could potentially do it with 6.x mset too if it doesn't yet have NNID settings.
sure yeah and then it would be fine for 2ds too :) (if it doesn't have nnid!)

-edit. "Version 7: Version 7.0 released on December 9, 2013, added a Software Update Notification and supports for Nintendo Network IDs and Miiverse"

so, yeah the last fw before 7.0's system settings will be good :)

Last edited by cearp,

Zirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Reposted from other thread:
Alright, I had the 022-2634 error when trying to log in with NNID, so I followed some tutorials that adviced backing up emuNAND, formatting emuNAND from the system settings, setting up everything including NNID and then injecting NAND from the .bin.

As I formatted emuNAND, I set up everything up and then it asks that I press the HOME button for going back home. After doing this, it shows the Home menu is preparing, and then the screen turns black. After waiting I just reboot in emuNAND (I'm using Rxtools with N3DSXL) but the screen keeps black. I don't really know what is happening. At this point I just injected NAND from my backup and tried it again, with the same results.

Should I maybe try entering emuNAND from reinand or cakes?

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Even easier:

3) Let it do its thing

Should now be working.

It's worked perfect for me! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: From what people say pvp isn't even worth it