1. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    Can we backup/restore 6.x encryption games with Rxtools sign patched & Emunand 9.8?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Did you do the steps where you edit the files in the folders?
    You need to edit the main files so it will support the EUR cia.

3. Leslie White

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'm under RxTools emunand 9.8, is there a way to import my retail cart Mario Kart 7 to the legit CIA Mario kart ?

I exported the cart save, then imported it, even tried deleting the secure cia value but no success... anyone know if this is possible ?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Why not just use Nintendo's official Save Data Transfer Tool? XD

Leslie White likes this.
  5. Leslie White

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

France
    Thanks a lot ! Didn't know that existed xD

I successfully transfered the cart save to the legit cia :)

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Also, the save from the cart is now gone, but you can restore it with Gateway launcher!

7. Geraki

Geraki Member
    Newcomer

Can someone flush this out for me? I tried doing the steps as i understood them but whenever i start the game it says that i have to format the save.

My problem is that i want to transfer my MH4U save file from the 3dz rom to my retail cartridge, both are EU.

Do i have to backup my retail cart? or can i just export the save out and try restoring it with gateway? Help would be appreciated.

Edit:After trying to follow the steps, when i restore the savefile into the cart, i get the following message every time "The save data cannot be used and will be formatted" Anyway to fix this?

Last edited by Geraki, Jun 13, 2015
  8. notwarhol

notwarhol Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am having trouble understanding the guide and telling what I have in mind is possible.

Using savedatafiler, can I use a .sav for SMT IV I downloaded online with my SMT IV that I play from a retail game cartridge? I would be booting the SMT IV cartridge from an rxtools emunand.

EDIT: I spoke with some people on the gbatemp IRC, my current understanding is for my case I'd need to run a restore game save from the Gateway Menu, restoring from a .sav with the appropriate headers.

Last edited by notwarhol, Jun 15, 2015
  9. anon40

anon40 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi guys, I'm trying to export my .3ds Ocarina of Time save to eShop.
    These are the steps I have taken:

1. Renamed the OoT save (0004000000033500.sav) to 000400000FF40A00.sav
    2. Started up 3DS and executed MSET exploit
    3. Select and mounted OoT game via GW mode
    4. Opened SDF

The CRT is still broken for some reason. Did I do anything wrong?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I've used SDF many times, but never got that problem so i don't know. You can just use the official Save Data Transfer Tool in eShop.

11. Pleb

Pleb Member
    Newcomer

holy chit this actually worked, you are a god amongst us mere mortals.

12. anon40

anon40 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks. I tried copying the save and renaming it in the same folder instead of just directly renaming it and it all of a sudden worked :)

13. Simiaraichu

Simiaraichu GBAtemp Regular

Algeria
    Hi all
    I've got a very big problem with SDF,i did all what this tutorial says but my save stills broken(ctr card broken)....Sorry for the up but please help me ;(
    I deleted all saves and let just my acnl save that i renamed into "000400000FF40A00" but nothing works :(
    Please help me and sorry for my bad english and for the up:/

14. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hello, I'm trying to import my Bravely Default(cia) save to a Bravely Default Modded ( rom ) but I'm failing at it on N3DS emunand.

The steps I took :

1 ) Find the title ID for Bravely Default : FC600
    2 ) Export the save data to sd card using SaveDataFile -> Open SaveDataFiler -> User -> 00FC6 -> (Y) -> (A)
    3 ) Mount the game
    4 ) Switch to SD Tab find my save which is easy because there is only one then Import the save data to ctr card

If I read the tutorial correctly it should create a .sav file on my sd card but it doesn't do so. What i might be doing wrong? Thanks!

15. Darkfleet

Darkfleet Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone successfully done this? I have tried continuously to inject a save from a .3dz rom to a monster hunter 4 ultimate retail cartridge, both have the same header and are of the same region ( it is a dump from the cartridge).
    1. I have tried extracting the file out of the rom with SDF on gateway's emuNAND 9.8.0-25U and then injecting it into the cartridge using Pasta CFW on sysNAND 4.2.0-9U.
    2.Renaming the save to BFGE.SAV and restoring it into the cartridge using Gateway's menu.
    No matter which way I try the cartridge always says that the file is unsupported and the save will be formatted.

16. Smellyfinger

Smellyfinger Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So i'm trying to inject my gateway save for Pokemon Y into a cia version of the game. But when i go to import the save in the SD tab it just says failure. I tried at least 15 times and it says failure every time. What am i doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated

17. Clab

Clab Member
    Newcomer

Did you follow this step? :)

18. Smellyfinger

Smellyfinger Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It didn't export as a .Sav file. I got a folder with a 0000055e.dat, and a "main" file

19. Chunchuang Yiu

Newcomer

Hong Kong
    i tried to transfer my .3ds save to .cia and in step 9: "Press R+A and then A to import your Savegame" , i got this issue T_T

failure
    result
    level: -7
    summary: 4
    module: 17
    desc: 120

anyone knows the problem??:cry:

20. insidexdeath

United Kingdom
    So I'm using rxtools. If I download a save data of a .3ds game how do I go about injecting it into the cia version of the game if I am unable to mount the game in Gateway mode(I don't own one)...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SaveDataFiler, [TUTORIAL], Gateway