Votes: 159 17.4%

• Total voters

Jonkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I need some help with my first gateway romhack. I made a lot with the hans method, but now i'm strugglin.
I dumped the game (Pokémon X) with my Gateway card and then i used Packhack to extract it. I thaught i would have the folders romfs and exefs in front of me now, but i get many .bin files, for example Decryptedromfs.bin. What do i have to do now to get the files i can edit with PK3DS? I tried to use the RomFS Extractor on the Decryptedromfs.bin, but it give me the error 'Not a valid romfs binary'. Hope someone could help me, and sry for my bad english x:

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I need some help with my first gateway romhack. I made a lot with the hans method, but now i'm strugglin.
I dumped the game (Pokémon X) with my Gateway card and then i used Packhack to extract it. I thaught i would have the folders romfs and exefs in front of me now, but i get many .bin files, for example Decryptedromfs.bin. What do i have to do now to get the files i can edit with PK3DS? I tried to use the RomFS Extractor on the Decryptedromfs.bin, but it give me the error 'Not a valid romfs binary'. Hope someone could help me, and sry for my bad english x:
did you decrypt the rom before dumping?

Jonkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, i got a problem at the last step. When i choose the game, the 3ds hang itself up on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen. The red stripes are moving all the time, but it doesnt continue loading the game. Any tips? :(

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!I joined up to ask about this.I'm having trouble with using HackingToolkit3DS.I have a decrypted .3ds but when i choose to unpack it(using d) it says extraction complete right away and there is nothing actually extracted.I decided to use the FR version like the guide video.Here is my folder after extraction complete.

folder.png
extraction.png

Thank you for your time.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all!I joined up to ask about this.I'm having trouble with using HackingToolkit3DS.I have a decrypted .3ds but when i choose to unpack it(using d) it says extraction complete right away and there is nothing actually extracted.I decided to use the FR version like the guide video.Here is my folder after extraction complete.

Thank you for your time.
OK, rename the .3ds game without spaces, and it will work
(so DEC Pokemon Y.3ds -> DECPokemonY.3ds

Last edited by RealityNinja,
Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is,at least i believe it was.It is Pokemon Y.I thoguht it was decryted yesterday so i started messing with it.I can use decrpt9 on it again.

No need, just try to rename the decrypted 3ds game without spaces.

Renamed it,didn't work.Must have skipped a step or something last time.Its fine,thanks for the help.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renamed it,didn't work.Must have skipped a step or something last time.Its fine,thanks for the help.

And you have typed "DECPokemonY" without the extension ".3ds", on the hackingToolkit3DS, right?

I'm actually very new to homebrew to tell the truth,I'm looking forward to the learning experience.That could work?Its taking awhile to get my .3ds onto my sd card.Says it'll take an hour.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm actually very new to homebrew to tell the truth,I'm looking forward to the learning experience.That could work?Its taking awhile to get my .3ds onto my sd card.Says it'll take an hour.

Nope,didn't work.Must not have been decrypted.Since my sd card gets very hot in my laptop I'm transferring the files over wireless using ftbrony 2.1.Very slow cause junky wifi but i got all day.I wonder if the other file movers are faster?Not gonna bother right now since this one is going.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a sec it runs in Citra,too slow to be playable on my old laptop but I thought it didn't play encrypted ones.Gonna just do it anyway just incase.

citra.png

It sorta crawling along at a decent pace but at least it looks cool.This project right here is amazing,its one of the things that made me think of homebrewing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs