• Total voters

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've been trying to install an English Patch to Puyo Puyo Tetris, but I've not been able to.

The patch is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-puyo-puyo-tetris-english-translation-looking-for-help.434967/page-2 (this is where I found the link to here).

My problem is that I try to extract the .CIA but all I get are .bin files. How do I get the folders so that I can replace the files from the patch? What am I doing wrong?

Make sure your CIA is decrypted. You can use Decrypt9WIP to do that. Also answer yes to decompressing code.bin.

ogm_madness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure your CIA is decrypted. You can use Decrypt9WIP to do that. Also answer yes to decompressing code.bin.

Maybe I'm missing a step... I was hoping that I could use the .cia I downloaded as is... I will google Decrypt9WIP and edit this post with results. I just recently followed the 3ds guide to install CFW on my 3DS and I basically did step-by-step without any issues, but a lot of what was happening went over my head (just faith on the guide lol)

I know I had installed Decrypt9 as a step in the guide, so hopefully I can do this! :D

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure to get the decrypt9wip.bin file from the decrypt9wip zip
and follow this
Put any payload you wish to use in SD:/luma/payloads, and rename it to <button>_<name>.bin(where <name> can be whatever you want)

<button>_<name>.bin can be as follows:

• x_NAME.bin
  • y_NAME.bin
  • select_NAME.bin
  • start_NAME.bin
  • r_NAME.bin
  • a_NAME.bin
  • b_NAME.bin
  • right_NAME.bin
  • left_NAME.bin
  • up_NAME.bin
  • down_NAME.bin
For r_NAME.bin, a_NAME.bin and select_NAME.bin you need to press L+R, L+A and L+SELECT on boot respectively.
For any other payload you only need to hold its corresponding button.
If you're using a non-screen-init version of A9LH, it will be done automatically before launching the payload.

Reactions: ogm_madness

paradoxfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've decrypted and extracted a CIA, I edited a file for the script (as in dialogue not scripting) of the game, and recompiled it. I encrypted it again, and installed it. But when I try running it, the 3DS logo with the red lines just loops. I don't think I made it unplayable or anything? Anyone know how to fix this? I have read over as much as I could about it, but I didn't find anything.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decrypted and extracted a CIA, I edited a file for the script (as in dialogue not scripting) of the game, and recompiled it. I encrypted it again, and installed it. But when I try running it, the 3DS logo with the red lines just loops. I don't think I made it unplayable or anything? Anyone know how to fix this? I have read over as much as I could about it, but I didn't find anything.
That usually happens when you're missing the seed or if the file is screwed up. I'd try importing the seed and see if that solves it. What did you use to install it? FBI should grab the seed normally unless you have Nintendo server blocked or have Wi-Fi off.

paradoxfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That usually happens when you're missing the seed or if the file is screwed up. I'd try importing the seed and see if that solves it. What did you use to install it? FBI should grab the seed normally unless you have Nintendo server blocked or have Wi-Fi off.
I used FBI, I haven't got the original game on the testing 3ds I was installing it on if that's relevant. How would I import the seed?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used FBI, I haven't got the original game on the testing 3ds I was installing it on if that's relevant. How would I import the seed?
Go into FBI, go down to Titles, click on it, it'll load games you have installed on your 3DS (might take a while), find your game, click on it, there should be an option to import seed.

Reactions: paradoxfish

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
It might be worth mentioning that Braindump doesn't dump certain files properly, so it can only be used with romfs repacks. Braindump doesn't work when repacking CIAs. It just errors the 3DS.

paradoxfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go into FBI, go down to Titles, click on it, it'll load games you have installed on your 3DS (might take a while), find your game, click on it, there should be an option to import seed.
When I try importing the seed, it just says "Failed to import seed. HTTP server returned response code 404." Could this be due to changing a file? EDIT: Never mind, I think I solved the issue. It's working now, I think it's because I previously chose "n" at the code.bin step or something

Last edited by paradoxfish,

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im propably just stupid and cant find the 2 files for files9 (- seeddb.bin
- aeskeydb.bin). How important are these to the process afterwards? Im just looking for a way to dump a romf, edit it and then run it again using either HANS or NTR.

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after you do all the stuff and get luma and arm9loaderhax installed set the date and time to normal because the ctr-transfer sets the year to 2011 and sets the time way off

Gamefreak525

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, following this, and everything is smooth so far.

But when I try to rebuild a CIA, it looks like it works, but at the end there's no CIA. What'd I do wrong?

ss+(2017-01-14+at+01.53.05).png
ss+(2017-01-14+at+01.53.05).png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1