Not open for further replies.

Epicdaftman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WARNING: I am not responsible for any damage to any devices.

Anyway, so head on over to https://github.com/TuxSH/firmtool.git
Download the firmtool file
Scroll down to "Building a firmware binary from an arm9loaderhax.bin payload "
Copy the code "firmtool build test.firm -n 0x23F00000 -e 0 -D arm9loaderhax.bin -A 0x23F00000 -C NDMA"
Run that but replace the arm9loaderhax.bin with the payload of your choice
It should create a test.firm file.
Just rename that to whatever you chose and put it in your luma/payloads

Anyway, I'm bad at making quality tutorials, but this should work. It at least worked for me

Also, I would also like to point out that I haven't done anything in the development of the firmtool. i just figured the makefile of godmode9 would say something about firm files. All credit goes to TuxSH.

Last edited by Epicdaftman,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I have converted the 20170225 versions of decrypt9wip and hourglass9 to .firm format, which are the newest currently available. They boot fine though I have not done more than the most basic testing with them. I suggest making a nand backup with godmode9 before doing anything potentially dangerous with them.

Attachments

• d9wip-hg9-20170225-converted.zip
    283.2 KB · Views: 518
Last edited by nl255,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
that's a linux executable right? :V
anyone wanna do Decrypt9 and/or Hourglass9 for me and upload?

It's a python "executable" and works on windows/mac/linux. As for pre-converted hg9/d9wip I just did, look one up from your original post.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have converted the 20170225 versions of decrypt9wip and hourglass9 to .firm format, which are the newest currently available. They boot fine though I have not done more than the most basic testing with them. I suggest making a nand backup with godmode9 before doing anything potentially dangerous with them.
https://d0k3.secretalgorithm.com
Could you redo it for Decrypt9 (20170414), EmuNAND9 (20170118), and Hourglass9 (20170320)?

Reactions: proflayton123

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get it to work. Can you do this one?

Attachments

• left_QuickPowerOff.zip
    829 bytes · Views: 214

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
https://d0k3.secretalgorithm.com
Could you redo it for Decrypt9 (20170414), EmuNAND9 (20170118), and Hourglass9 (20170320)?

Probably not until early next week. I did it for the latest release versions I could find on github of the ones I use but I am going on a long day trip tomorrow (Saturday) and am heading to bed now. Perhaps sometime Sunday if I am not too tired.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't seem to get it to work. Can you do this one?

You can't get the converter to work or you can't get the converted payload to work? If the .firm doesn't work then there is nothing that can be done short of rewriting the plugin.

If you can't get the converter to work then use the following instructions (I am assuming you are on windows) : install python3 from python.org (be sure to choose the option install for all users as well as to add it to your PATH) , run "pip install cryptography" (without the quotes) as administrator, then run py setup.py. Finally you can run firmtool from the command line.

I also strongly recommend that Windows users install this http://code.kliu.org/cmdopen/ . It lets you open a command line (either regular or elevated) prompt in any folder from the right click menu.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Went and tested them and they are indeed working just fine!
Thank you so much for converting these!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It doesn't work.....on Python 2.7.12.
1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum