Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if you have a never used sky3ds and set all roms to No eprom using the crack tool...The sky3ds can't "remember"?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No I was talking about method 1.

The crack tool patch the rom so that it saves directly to the game. (like a card2 rom)
So, if you want to backup your save to your PC, you have to backup the game (with diskwriter) and not the save

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Me too...reminds me of xb360 and burning e-fuses, once burned you can't go back.
Thanks for the easy to comprehend thread BTW...I'll be keeping a close eye.

capostef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok first test today, if the template is edited correctly all games are working :-)
Sometime you have 2 or 3 entries for a game, so you have to edit all ...

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ok first test today, if the template is edited correctly all games are working :-)
Sometime you have 2 or 3 entries for a game, so you have to edit all ...
What fw is your 3ds on? can you put pokemon x or y and see if you can download the game updates from eshop? I want to test if this works.

capostef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IDK my daughter is playing :-) more tests later

Is someone in Germany who wants to buy a Gateway? Arrived today 60€. Or willing to trade with a sky3ds, so let me know ;-)

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now for this method to work ...we have to do this for ALL roms?...
Well, all roms after the first ten.

You could also buy the new blue button model for around $100 when they start shipping, which supposedly does this automatically, so a little less work for a bit more money.

Exeplosion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, all roms after the first ten.

You could also buy the new blue button model for around $100 when they start shipping, which supposedly does this automatically, so a little less work for a bit more money.

What do you mean exactly, what does the new blue version do differently?

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly, what does the new blue version do differently?
This is a topic under much heated discussion, but supposedly the makers of Sky3DS didn't know how to store save games on the MicroSD. So, the saves had to be on the actual cart, and due to the limited space, the cart can only hold a few saves. This means there is a hard limit of ten games that can have saves per each card, which the tool gets around.

Very soon after this tool was released, Sky3DS said they would release a new cart, with a blue button, that uses something like this mod. The new blue button cart can supposedly have unlimited games with saves, but I have yet to see the final product in any form, so I don't know that it will be substantially better than the old red button version.

Reactions: Exeplosion

Exeplosion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a topic under much heated discussion, but supposedly the makers of Sky3DS didn't know how to store save games on the MicroSD. So, the saves had to be on the actual cart, and due to the limited space, the cart can only hold a few saves. This means there is a hard limit of ten games that can have saves per each card, which the tool gets around.

Very soon after this tool was released, Sky3DS said they would release a new cart, with a blue button, that uses something like this mod. The new blue button cart can supposedly have unlimited games with saves, but I have yet to see the final product in any form, so I don't know that it will be substantially better than the old red button version.

Alright so I contacted a reselller, and this is what they said.

"There is no issues with the red button cartridge
Sorry we won't have the blue button ones for a while.

the official website has released the crack tool for old SKY3DS cards. Players can use that tool get same functions with new card, and play numerous games on it. also support the newest firmware V9.3.0-21. http://sky3ds.com/news.html

the old cards also have its own advantage, it will auto-save games after you exit the game, but the new card will need a select" Modchipcentral-

---------

I am not sure, what they mean by "will need a select".

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get ssb to show no eeprom. I edit the template, how do I find more instances?
I wonder if it should be "F0" "F8" since it 2GB+

Edit: Stupid me, it was down in the bottom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: