Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Strange but I don't have the same results as you with all my roms patched to EEPROM=No

Mario Tennis visable, Power down when ran, triggers 0MB bug.
Mine working great and save perfectly

Donkey kong country returns 3D invisable

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way I see it is ALL eeprom yes games work.
No eeprom games mostly don't.
No eeprom game saves corrupt way more often.
You can backup and restore eeprom yes game saves very easily with diskwriter.
Nuff said.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way I see it is ALL eeprom yes games work.
No eeprom games mostly don't.
No eeprom game saves corrupt way more often.
You can backup and restore eeprom yes game saves very easily with diskwriter.
Nuff said.

uggh, literally ignoring us i see.

eeprom yes is guaranteed to corrupt if you keep using it on red cards
no eeprom games will all eventually work, being the same as yes without any of the corrupton risk.
no eeprom saves corruption is 100% because of the sky3ds team not throughly testing everything. there is a lotta 3ds roms tho. in time it will all get ironed out.

Strange but I don't have the same results as you with all my roms patched to EEPROM=No

as i said before, blue carts run the game as eeprom yes untill they are run. so they ignore all invisibility / can't be run / ect bugs. they are only effected by in game bugs, or template related bugs.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

eeprom yes is guaranteed to corrupt if you keep using it on red cards
no eeprom games will all eventually work, being the same as yes without any of the corrupton risk.
no eeprom saves corruption is 100% because of the sky3ds team not throughly testing everything. there is a lotta 3ds roms tho. in time it will all get ironed out.

as i said before, blue carts run the game as eeprom yes untill they are run. so they ignore all invisibility / can't be run / ect bugs. they are only effected by in game bugs, or template related bugs.

I have a red button card! And used the latest template file

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you are just very wrong about your eeprom yes corruption.
How come you can backup and restore eeprom yes saves?
If it was on the eeprom this wouldn't be possible.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you are just very wrong about your eeprom yes corruption.
How come you can backup and restore eeprom yes saves?
If it was on the eeprom this wouldn't be possible.
If it doesn't save to the EEPROM, where does it save to, and what purpose does EEPROM actually have?

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it doesn't save to the EEPROM, where does it save to, and what purpose does EEPROM actually have?
I think eeprom yes saves are saved to sd and loaded to eeprom on the fly.
If the eeprom has saves from a bunch of different games, it certainly wouldn't be emulating a retail cart.

What dawnbomb is suggesting is to take a rom that was specifically designed to run as eeprom=yes and change it no through some hack, then wonder why the hell it doesn't work as it should, thinking maybe sky will release some fix later that is more than likely impossible to do.
He also suggests a rom that displays "card could not be read" or "card was ejected" is a bad rom and to redownload it which is false, the rom is fine it just can't find the proper save format and crashes.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
Do EEPROM No games past the original ten all suffer from the Sky 3DS scrolling past them without holding down the button or is it only a select few titles?

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI to all. Got the blue button card today. Works flawlessly. 16 games no scroll issues or save issues. Going to try backing up the rom to see if saves can be backed up.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, just convert all your CARD1 roms to CARD2!
with only CARD2 games, you don't need to worry about EEPROM yes or no, the save is always in the game!

This I'd imagine would actually work well against save corruption, but I'm curious on a red card does the scroll bug still occur?

podscrer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,

I've received my Sky3DS (red button) one week ago. Since then I've just added some roms (but there are less than 10 yet), but played only pokémon Alpha Sapphire(me) and Omega Ruby(my girlfriend).

Well, now we are facing a issue, constantly the games are getting stuck randomly in some part of it. Then, I have to shutdown the 3DS.

My question is it could be a issue of Sky3DS or some issue because "a big save"?

PS: I have never played the other games enough to get them stuck.
PS2: My Sky3DS is "virgin". I have never put any rom with YES.
PS3: Sorry if my question is repeated. I read more than 10 pages of this thread, but I could not finish...there are a lot of information (old and new) here.

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS: I have never played the other games enough to get them stuck.

Can you explain this? What "other games"?

Also, it didn't seem to matter if you wrote games as YES/NO, the first 10 would be games that were glitch free, all others were prone to glitching or having issues, scroll bug, etc.

podscrer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have just played Pokemon ORAS.
Other games that I have put inside microsd.
- New super mario 2
- Street Fighter
- Super smash bros
- Mario Kart 7
- Pokemon X (but it is didn't work =T)

As I said, I didn't read all messeages in this thread. Then, it wasn't be clear for me if the issues are caused by more than 10 games inside the card or games different from the Sky3DS list (EEPROM).

And someone who is playing pokemon are facing this issue? (Now I am creating a backup to try playing in another card with just 1 rom)

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my R5SDHC in the mail! I'm so very excited about it. (I also found out that my favorite USB MicroSD adapter is dead. RIP.) I've been having a rather frustrating time getting 10+ games to work, so I just wanted to ask if I was doing this right.

On my SD#2, I managed to get it to work even though it will NOT stop looping non-10 games, but I'm still not sure how, strangely enough. I tried fiddling with the button non-stop yesterday, and nothing worked. Today, I got it working after a bit by using the sky3DScTool_V101 (not sure if it actually helped) and by IMMEDIATELY holding the button when it switches to the next game (for about 5 seconds). That actually stopped the looping, although if it blinks the tinyest amount, I have to wait for a full cycle through the other roms again. So, I'm wondering, is this normal?

ALSO: I tried burning AC:NL with the newest 1.05 tool, and it worked with my setup! The only thing is that the save corrupts every time I close the game, no matter if I power it down or just go back to the home screen and close it. I tried the 1.00 version to see if that would prevent it from corrupting, but now it just has a weird error that claims I should contact Nintendo. Is there any way I can play and save AC:NL on my R5SDHC?

EDIT: Nevermind the help on the second issue. I managed to fix it with the clean rom. For whatever reason, the tool seemed to break the rom. I suppose it's because it was EEPROM=NO even before I used the tool (since it's a CARD2 game). It works now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2