• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i don't need to install free multi patcher?
or, what does just3ds mean by gw users only need to install those 2 cias?
what else don't we have to install?

so you don't/some people don't need tiger and nver updated? you don't need them updated if you can access eshop fine? but how can you access eshop fine on 9.5 without them updated?
you mean, only use free multi patcher?

i thought i understood this but now it got confusing... lol :)

use decrypt9, it can dump/restore sysnand/emunand :)
Gateway users only need NVER and TIGER then simply run Free multi patcher any app that used to error out will work again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I try it, I'll try it on emuNAND.
Remember you only need NVER and CVER but if it does not work and you want to keep testing try installing all 3 and tell me how it goes.

Reactions: cearp

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
so i don't need to install free multi patcher?
or, what does just3ds mean by gw users only need to install those 2 cias?
what else don't we have to install?

so you don't/some people don't need tiger and nver updated? you don't need them updated if you can access eshop fine? but how can you access eshop fine on 9.5 without them updated?
you mean, only use free multi patcher?
My post assumes that you were already using freemultipatcher before. We have been using fmp since firmware version 9.6 release as there is no emuNAND support yet after 9.5 for N3DS (if you don't it will ask to update system to use eShop).

tldr. You need to have freemultipatcher as well.

Regarding the second post that you quoted from other topic. It was the response to the member who asked how to know when to update tiger and nver in the future. Don't make it confuse you.

tldr. Once you updated tiger and nver then as long as it works you don't need to worry about updating it again.

Last edited by Just3DS,
Reactions: cearp

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note to CFW users - There are reports that this may work for you, if you want to try go ahead and install NVER and CVER but not TIGER and instead of using Free multi patcher run the HBL CIA and use the HANS based eShop Spoofer.
U
Title ID: 000400DB00017302
Version: 10288
E
Title ID: 000400DB00017102
J
Title ID: 000400DB00017202
This may or may not work so please test for me.

Side Note: CVER is not need for those who are using Gateway cards you only need NVER and TIGER.
CVer is not needed at ALL. CFW users simply have to install NVer and use HANS. That is their ONLY option. The updated tiger will not launch properly for users with CFW because Gateway is the only one who patches the kernel version to bypass that check.

edit:

I wish I knew who started this business about updating CVer so I could go back in time and cut their fingers off before they could post it. Updating CVer has ZERO impact on accesssing the eshop or nnid. The only thing checked when you sign into NNID is the title version of NVer. It doesn't even care if your system settings string reads -28X, it only cares that the title version is not less than 448. I personally downloaded a spoofed version of the -23U Nver from 3DNUS that read as 99999 and installed it and it passed the check.

As for the eshop, the only ways to access it are with the latest tiger or with hans, and the only reason the updated eshop will not launch on CFW is because its exheader expects a kernel version of 2.50-1, but 9.5 only has a kernel version of 2.49-0. This is part of the NATIVE_FIRM title so updated system file you install will address it.

Last edited by Aroth,

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I installed both NVER and TIGER with TitleManager instead of DevMenu. Is there any danger with this? Any way to roll it back without restoring emunand?

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, thanks for this great tuto ;)

Can I use it to make a system transfer from my New 3DS 9.5 emunand to a stock New 3DS last fw ?

;)

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed both NVER and TIGER with TitleManager instead of DevMenu. Is there any danger with this? Any way to roll it back without restoring emunand?
If you mean the BigBlueMenu, it's ok. I have did the same. No issues.

Like the tutorial says you better make emuNAND backup beforehand, so that you can put it back if you ever wanted to.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it doesn't work wait for the next release for Gateway they told me it would be before end of the month.
If 10.4 appears this month it could still work this time I guess.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not sure what is up with this at the moment. I downloaded both the cver and nver .cias and they won't install with fbi on my 9.5 EmuNAND on N3DS with rxTools...

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not sure what is up with this at the moment. I downloaded both the cver and nver .cias and they won't install with fbi on my 9.5 EmuNAND on N3DS with rxTools...

Yeah, don't use FBI, and you do NOT need CVer.

Just install Nver with devmenu. It will overwrite the older one.

Reactions: mungry

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't use FBI, and you do NOT need CVer.

Just install Nver with devmenu. It will overwrite the older one.

Oh, okay, thanks! So since devmenu can install nver but fib can't does that make devmenu a better .cia installer? Also devmenu is a gateway thing right, but I don't need the card or anything like that?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just looking for a confirmation from N3DS rxTools 3.0 users on 9.5.0-23 who spoof with Free multi patcher what CIA combo do you use? NVER? NVER/CVER? NVER/TIGER? NVER/TIGER/CVER?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just looking for a confirmation from N3DS rxTools 3.0 users on 9.5.0-23 who spoof with Free multi patcher what CIA combo do you use? NVER? NVER/CVER? NVER/TIGER? NVER/TIGER/CVER?
NVer and HANS.

You cannot access the eshop any other way on a N3DS with rxTools.

Do not install Tiger at all, or you will be unable to launch the eshop (it will hang on the 3ds logo).

You do not need CVer at all. It shouldn't hurt anything or cause any problems if you did install it, but it is definitely not needed.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NVer and HANS.

You cannot access the eshop any other way on a N3DS with rxTools.

Do not install Tiger at all, or you will be unable to launch the eshop (it will hang on the 3ds logo).

You do not need CVer at all. It shouldn't hurt anything or cause any problems if you did install it, but it is definitely not needed.
Are you 100% sure im gonna edit the tutorial to reflect this. N3DS RXtools users should install only NVER use the HBL CIA then use the HANS based eShop spoofer. Also can they use FMP or does it have to be the eShop spoofer? or both work?

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you 100% sure im gonna edit the tutorial to reflect this. N3DS RXtools users should install only NVER use the HBL CIA then use the HANS based eShop spoofer. Also can they use FMP or does it have to be the eShop spoofer? or both work?

In order to access the eShop, they will have to use HANS. How they access the HBL in order to launch HANS is up to the user as long as it is launched from inside emunand, though I agree with the HBL.cia recommendation.

That said, they should continue to use FMP for everything else in regards to online access. It still works for what it was designed to do (bypass the original nim service update check). Installing the updated NVer allows them to sign into NNID again (satisfying the title version check done during the sign in process), and HANS patches in the updated CDN urls for downloading content as well as patching the eShop's nim update check directly.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i thought my emunand was 9.5 but actually it is 9.2, it made no difference.
(in case anyone is thinking of updating to 9.5 for this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome