Tutorial Using multiple A9LH Payloads without R/L buttons (Setting up BootCTR9 Boot Manager)

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Kinda. I don't need it, but others might do.

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So you've come to this thread because you either want to use BootCTR9 (a boot manager), or you have a broken L/R Button (this also works if you have other broken buttons, because you can configure this with BootCTR). This guide is written based on that you already have a9lh set up with aureinand

So first, get your payloads, Like UnCart.Bin, Decrypt9WIP.bin and the AuReiNand arm9loaderhax.bin file
I will upload a zip file containing everything if you are lazy and just want it to work, and do it fast. (the zip file wil not be updated, so when an update comes out for decrypt9, you wil have to download it yourself.)

(you can just skip this if you are downloading the zip lol)

1. Place all of your Payloads on the root of your SD-Card. Rename The Arm9LoaderHax.bin file from the AuReiNand zip file to AuReiNand.bin

2. Download BootCTR9 from https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases . I am using the 0.4.1 alpha release

3. Extract the arm9bootloader.bin, arm9loaderhax.bin and the boot_config.ini file to the root of your sd card.

4. Open the boot_config.ini file in a text editor (such as the windows notepad, or notepad++)

5. Remove all the "shortcuts" and paste this one
Code:
[DEFAULT]
path = /AuReiNand.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1
This will make the AuReiNand.bin payload load by default.

6. Paste it again, with 1 line of space between the first one. now replace "[DEFAULT]" with "[KEY_Y] as an example. you can replace the "Y" with any button of your choise, like SELECT or B. they always have to be in caps. On the path line, replace "/AuReiNand.bin" with "/[INSER PAYLOAD NAME HERE]" where it says "[INSER PAYLOAD NAME HERE]" you need to put the file name of the payload you are going to run. in my case this is Decrypt9WIP.bin, so i have to name it "/Decrypt9WIP.bin" this will make it load the Decrypt9WIP.bin file if Y is held when the 3ds boots.

My Zip will include Emunand9 if X is held, Decrypt9WIP i Y is held, and Uncart when B is held.
To use the zip just extract every file to the root of your sdcard, and let it overwrite any file it has to.

EDIT: if you for some reason need help, feel free to ask

Attachments

• BootCTR9 Setup.zip
    242.3 KB · Views: 824
Last edited by mgrev,

Attainable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I actually have this as well.
Definitely prefer the simpler key combinations for things like this.

FYI for anyone using BootCTR... takes priority over AuReiNand's modes in which you hold L or R to boot sys/emu.
Meaning, if you defined in the config [key L], that'd activate before AuRei even does, and that bin would load first, so you wouldn't get to boot into your NANDs.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Awesome, I actually have this as well.
Definitely prefer the simpler key combinations for things like this.

FYI for anyone using BootCTR... takes priority over AuReiNand's modes in which you hold L or R to boot sys/emu.
Meaning, if you defined in the config [key L], that'd activate before AuRei even does, and that bin would load first, so you wouldn't get to boot into your NANDs.
Tbh i don't see any point in using emunand with a9lh, but bootctr9 does in fact take priority over AuReiNand

Attainable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh i don't see any point in using emunand with a9lh, but bootctr9 does in fact take priority over AuReiNand

I dunno, I just have grown to prefer using emuNand as the primary, and then having sysNand as the backup. I only boot into sysNand for Gateway.

Reactions: Seriel

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
So you've come to this thread because you either want to use BootCTR9 (a boot manager), or you have a broken L/R Button (this also works if you have other broken buttons, because you can configure this with BootCTR). This guide is written based on that you already have a9lh set up with aureinand

So first, get your payloads, Like UnCart.Bin, Decrypt9WIP.bin and the AuReiNand arm9loaderhax.bin file
I will upload a zip file containing everything if you are lazy and just want it to work, and do it fast. (the zip file wil not be updated, so when an update comes out for decrypt9, you wil have to download it yourself.)

(you can just skip this if you are downloading the zip lol)

1. Place all of your Payloads on the root of your SD-Card. Rename The Arm9LoaderHax.bin file from the AuReiNand zip file to AuReiNand.bin

2. Download BootCTR9 from https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases . I am using the 0.4.1 alpha release

3. Extract the arm9bootloader.bin, arm9loaderhax.bin and the boot_config.ini file to the root of your sd card.

4. Open the boot_config.ini file in a text editor (such as the windows notepad, or notepad++)

5. Remove all the "shortcuts" and paste this one
Code:
[DEFAULT]
path = /AuReiNand.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1
This will make the AuReiNand.bin payload load by default.

6. Paste it again, with 1 line of space between the first one. now replace "[DEFAULT]" with "[KEY_Y] as an example. you can replace the "Y" with any button of your choise, like SELECT or B. they always have to be in caps. On the path line, replace "/AuReiNand.bin" with "/[INSER PAYLOAD NAME HERE]" where it says "[INSER PAYLOAD NAME HERE]" you need to put the file name of the payload you are going to run. in my case this is Decrypt9WIP.bin, so i have to name it "/Decrypt9WIP.bin" this will make it load the Decrypt9WIP.bin file if Y is held when the 3ds boots.

My Zip will include Emunand9 if X is held, Decrypt9WIP i Y is held, and Uncart when B is held.
To use the zip just extract every file to the root of your sdcard, and let it overwrite any file it has to.

EDIT: if you for some reason need help, feel free to ask

I have a stupid question. What firmware version (emunand & sysnand) can this run on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...