1. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    I tried any button. gives always the same result.. rofl..

Also I read on https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax

The user can override the default PAD-trigger with multiple configuration options in the menuhax_manager app. The data for this is stored in SD file "/menuhax_padcfg.bin".

So probably if you or someone could upload his
    menuhax_padcfg.bin ... it might do the trick for me ... :)
    Or tell me it's notepad contens..

EDIT:
    This file is btw totally empty for me.. just a "-" when I look in notepad

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. VeryCrushed

OP VeryCrushed Devious Prorammer

United States
    Ill upload mine in a moment, could you upload yours?

3. Chrisssj2

Netherlands
  4. VeryCrushed

United States

Actually, your file is correct. Its not empty, you were viewing it in a text format. You need to open it in a hex editor to see whats really in it. I attached a picture showing the difference between our files. Leftmost is yours. Also attached is my bin file, you will have to change the extension from .txt to .bin as GBATemp doesnt allow the bin extension.

Attached Files:

5. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When doing so my New 3DS 9.2.0 is stuck in a menuhax boot loop if i don't see a key to press. It boot Gateway launcher, then it's supposed to boot to the 3DS menu but it loops back to menuhax.

Maybe because I don't have emunand set up and I'm stuck in a sysnand boot loop ? Do we need EMUNAND to have auto boot working else it boots loops to menuhax ?

6. VeryCrushed

United States
    You must have a emunand set up, and you must have it unlinked from your sysnand otherwise you will get a loop.

7. Chrisssj2

Netherlands
    Thanks!
    Now homemenuhax is autobooting if I press no button.. and I see gateway being loaded(the logo and card flash)
    Then... homemenuhax start again.... LOL.. and I get a black screen.

8. VeryCrushed

United States
    You both need to have emunand set up and unlinked. This is stated in the tutorial. I specifically said in red text to read it all over.

9. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    Is there a way to update from 4.5 to 9.x with GW?

10. Chrisssj2

Netherlands
    I am sorry I thought I had done this before.. with reinand. and I think I lost all my files?? Not remember. I backuped my emunand just now.
    Will my emunand be the same after format.. and I inject it back in again?
    How do I know for sure if it is "linked or not"

11. VeryCrushed

United States
    Rxtools has a way or you can find a game with a 9.0-9.2 update included on it. Those are your options.

12. VeryCrushed

United States
    To unlink a emunand you would create it then after format your sysnand. This would make the 3DS use separate data for sysnand and emunand off the SD. A loop occurs because its loading the hack in emunand as well thus causing it to try booting into gateway mode when you are already in it.

13. Chrisssj2

Netherlands
    Followed:
    Now I have 3 folders in Nintendo3ds:
    49dd6ed49a3a467cd445a4a508b7e9d8
    2445a9802d5e0876b020566321ee3865
    Private
    Hmm I forgot to format emunand though... LOL and I already have 3 folders so... lol
    The video didn't mention formatting emunand.. however im not getting into gateway anymore.. gateway logo starts, and homemenu starts.. but black screen..

Ill try formatting emunand and see what it does I guess?

EDIT: Nothing changed...after restoring emunand and copying all sd contents back I get homemenuhax after gateway but freezing..
    What did I do wrong?
    I can get into emunand by keep pressing L.. I guess the loop is still there.. but why I don't know.
    Im starting to wonder. I think I always had 2 folders in Nintendo3ds. which means it already was unlinked like I said earlier..?

14. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Fan

United States
    that's weird I'm pretty sure I unlinked sysnand & emunand since I have 2 folders now in the Nintendo 3DS folder but it still boots in a loop... WTF do i need to format again and again and again ? :(

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  15. Chrisssj2

Netherlands
    Same prob bro..

16. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I reformated sysnand with my sd card out and it still does the same... Something is wrong and I'm pretty sure I did follow instructions one by one...

Now I'm trying something else and going back to stock... Unlinking Sysnand & Emunand without any trace of menuhax... I think that's our issue.

EDIT : yup that worked. Chrisssj2 feel free to PM me if you still can't fix it.

basically format your sysnand, then create emunand. Then format your sysnand having your 3DS sd card removed. Then finally put your sd card back. That has unlinked your NAND.

THEN finally set up menuhax. Our issue is that we set up menuhax before creating emunand, that's why.

17. Thornhill33

Thornhill33 Member
    Newcomer

France
    If you choose option 1 of MenuHax setup you won't get a loop, even with linked sysnand/emunand.
    After setup, you'll have to press L to trigger menuhax, then release button before GW starts (if you keep L pressed you will go in GW menu).

18. zorglups

zorglups Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Thanks for this guide. I may have 2 questions and one "remark":

Question 1: If I follow your guide, will I need to keep the wifi on to use my red gateway card ?
    Question 2: What about the blue gateway card ? Will I still be able to use it ?
    Remark: I'm running 4.2 on o3ds and this thread says that updating using a card is not a good idea: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-plan-to-update-to-9-2-via-cartridge-bad-idea.407687/

Again: THANKS

19. Plunt

Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thanks for the tutorial!

20. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

United States
    I have noticed some kind of bug, which is not directly linked to your method but it does exhibit it too:
    when i launch GW emunand using MSET, the top screen is perfect.
    when i launch GW emunand using your shortcut or directly loading the 3dsx from HBL menu, the top screen is overbright and all fuzzy/weird.
    This is 100% reproducible and again doesn't occur when launching through MSET.
    I know it can be fixed by putting the system in standby for a couple seconds but it's quite annoying.
    This is on a JPN N3DS LL 9.1J.
    Has there been any reseach into the cause of this bug?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - CTRBootManager, [Tutorial], Gateway