[Tutorial] From 9.2 (or any lower firmware) to CFW 4.5, without Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Chaldron, Jan 12, 2015.

1. IndieWalrus

IndieWalrus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    Well i think i'm having a problem, how many time Devmenu takes to import?
    I'm trying to import Animal crossing new leaf and DevMenu just says "Importing..."
    There's a way to fix it?

FIXED: I did the same step and this time send Titlemanager(BigBlueMenu) cia to my device; the dev menu i installed was probably faulty.
    Now i need to get rid of the DevMenu, anybody knows how?

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    NO!

3. Blinker

Blinker Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2015
    Slovenia
    Hey i need your help.
    I am stuck at step 13. i know i got devmenu and right ip but when i run it it always says it can't connect. I tried on other PCs also and still nothing. Is there any other way to install cia?

4. hunter291

hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2007
    Gambia, The
    I am at part 1 of "Installing the CFW". After I tap DS Profile, my DS just restarts. The launcher.dat is still on my SD and I am on 4.5.

Edit: Ran the GW DS Installer again. After that, it worked. Don't know what was wrong the last time.

5. master_yoda

master_yoda Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    Somalia
    I think I screwed up somewhere along the way and want to start over. I've formatted the SD card, ran the DS file from the flash card but when I try to enter the DS Profile from the first step now, it gives me an error and restarts my 3DS. Help?

6. yonex204

yonex204 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2006
    Canada
    I got DevMenu to install
    However, I am having issues with Savedatafiler. I got the cia file to install, but everytime I try to run it i get a "The SD card has been removed" error. Any ideas how I can fix this?

7. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    So once we install devMenu or BBM or BGRM, can we flash a nand backup and keep our old titles?

8. forbidden403

forbidden403 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    Thailand
    I've follow your step and it's working perfectly.
    The problem is , at the first time, I did it on 4GB SD card but I want to switch it to 16GB SD card.
    Can I just simply copy every files in 4GB SD card and paste on 16GB SD card.
    (In fact, I've tried the simply copy and it doesn't work.
    On the other hands, I've tried from 1 step and it doesn't work too. I can't get into gateway menu)
    Could you tell me what should I do now or which step I should start from?

One more question, when the CIA file is installed in my 3DS, can I delete the CIA file or I have to keep it in?

Thank you in advance

9. ProNiteBite

ProNiteBite Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Will this work if you are downgrading from version 9.4 or is it impossible at the moment?

10. Fusionz

Fusionz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2014
    NSW
    Hello i have a problem i'm trying to install a .CIA file via the CFW "run.bat" i made sure my ip address was right and my .cia file name was correct but i keep getting a "failed to connect error" any help?

11. SuperScore29

SuperScore29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    The store that sells the Ice Climbers amiibo
    PLEASE HELP! My card wasnt working so I tried to go back to the GW launcher, everytime I go, the browser crashes! :(

12. SuperScore29

SuperScore29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    The store that sells the Ice Climbers amiibo
    It screwed up so I updated to 9.4. :( I cant use Ninjhax anymore ;(

13. waveathon

waveathon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2014
    I'm stuck at installing cfw part 13.. already putted the Ip address and everything. maybe because when I downgraded instead of going to 4.5 it went to 4.2 is that the cause? anyone can please help me? been stuck for at least 3 hours now..

14. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    I'm pretty happy, it finally installed BigBlueMenu.
    I accidentally forgot to press L before touching DS profile, but I pressed it just after, and it worked.
    Just like everyone else trying the CFW, it "just suddently worked".
    Using ctrclient.exe via WINE on Linux.

15. SaagiBols

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Here, There, and Everywhere!..
    thanks for the TUT=) it works:}
    but i dont understand wut 4 was the following steps:
    1. Pop the SD Card back into your PC. Run the emuNand tool you downloaded earlier and press “Extract emuNand”. Save the file as emuNand.bin somewhere.
    2. Now, drag the emuNand.bin onto the bat file that was downloaded. After a while, a resulting REDNAND.bin will appear.
    3. In the emuNand tool, press “Inject NAND into emuNAND”. Select the REDNAND.bin file, and just ignore the warnings about not finding NAND.bin.
    and what should i do with those ...NAND's files????

16. superthorn96

superthorn96 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2011
    United States
    could i use this flash card to do this? [​IMG]

17. Kross0

Kross0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I have a question, once I have everything installed, how many times I have to try to run the CFW? I mean for you succeed at first, I was playing a while but then turn it off to save another CIA in SD and now when I try to enter pulls me the message "There was an error and closed the program ... it will reset the console "
    Now go several attempts but nothing, one thing that caught my attention was not I get this blue screen (top screen) showing me before

Apparently is not CFW problem, try the card EmuNand 9.4 and I feel the same (it hangs before displaying the blue screen, I return to the menu with the error and then restarts me)

sorry for my english.

18. waveathon

waveathon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2014
    I'm confused on part 13.. how would you know the "name of your cia" to replace the devmenu_2x.cia.. please help..

19. Ozz465

Ozz465 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    anyone else getting this from the last steps in the bat file?
    command index1
    result code d9004589
    write pos 3ffc0 ??

20. JinTrigger

JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    ICS
    Would this be possible to achieve with the new Gateway Browser exploit? Could I use the launcher.dat from the CFW provided in this tutorial.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted