[Tutorial] From 9.2 (or any lower firmware) to CFW 4.5, without Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Chaldron, Jan 12, 2015.

1. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    This worked great for me on my brother's 3DSXL. I finally have someone to play Animal Crossing with :lol:

2. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    I can't boot to the CFW, tried 5 times but my 3DS always freeze with a blue/white screen

3. Lavanoid

Lavanoid Newbie

Yes, you can restore it without losing your purchases. Boot into GW (the browser method), backup your system NAND, transfer the NAND.bin to your PC and also copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder aswell as the "private" folder (if it exists). Once done, you can downgrade your system. If you ever want to return to stock, copy the NAND.bin to you SD card again, then launch the GW menu, then scroll to the end of the menu till you get to "Downgrade", then hold "UP" and press "A". GW will ask if you want to restore the backup - press "START" to continue with the restore. Once restored - power off the system, remove your SD and copy the backed up "Nintendo 3DS" and "private" folder back to the SD card. Re-insert the SD into your 3DS, turn it on and you'll be back to the original state.

4. Chaldron
    OP

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    Keep trying, it's very buggy.

5. -LuCas-

-LuCas- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    I've followed step by step the tutorial but at the execution of the cfw my 3ds remains on a black background on the lcd below. I saw the white screen for one second.

Any help ?

6. Chaldron
    OP

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

Hmm, that just seems to me like the regular CFW issue, that you must keep rebooting to fix. Try installing the DS Profile exploit again, I suppose.

7. FearItSelf23

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States
    Format emunand doesn't have a progress bar? I've been sitting here and it just says Format Emunand on the top but nothing is happening.

*EDIT* Well after a few mins it popped up and is now formatting so nvm I guess.

8. Codename

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    Is there any way to do this without a computer? My Windows PC is a desktop and it doesn't have wireless, only Local Area Connection, so ctrclient is unable to connect.

9. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2007
    United States
    United States
    How does this work with existing e-shop games you own and the saves?

also i guess i cant do this as i only have an acekard2i

10. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop Mario Kart 7 Semi Pro

Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    This is like the worst dissappointment ever, I reach the last final step and it's always "failed to connect".IP Adress is the right one, tried changing it too.Name of the .cia is good too.Turned off the firewall.Restarted the CFW million times, tried opening the browser--->freezes.I'm tired, i'm going to sleep. -_-

11. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp's Official Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    I keep getting this screen.

WIN_20150113_013653.JPG

12. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp's Official Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    sorry, dp.

13. Drak0rex

Drak0rex GBAtemp Addict

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    So what are the limitations? Can this allow you to install any 3ds game, 3dsware dsiware, homebrew? Is the emunand updatable as it is in Gateway?

14. -LuCas-

-LuCas- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    Nothing.. it doesn't boot into cfw

15. ewin00

ewin00 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    Indonesia
    hey after flashes white and black again then its turn into homescreen menu and theres nothing new, what should i do from there? how the cfw works? and when i turn on wifi on my 3ds its freeze? am i fail or what?

16. -LuCas-

-LuCas- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    Now you're able to install cia

17. ewin00

ewin00 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    Indonesia
    really? um when i execute run bat (configured as my 3ds ip) my 3ds is just shutting down by itself, i guess should i delete my parental control setting on ma 3ds, will try again tho thanks

18. jomaper

jomaper Some random argie lost in the Internet.

Dec 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Hey guys, my sister has my SD card from the 3DS with all my digital games on it. If I use the SD that came with my 3DS, format it and to all the steps in here, what happens if I put the SD my sister has?

19. -LuCas-

-LuCas- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    backup your sd image with win32diskimager

20. jomaper

jomaper Some random argie lost in the Internet.

Dec 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    What I'm asking is, I use a 32gb SD Card that I share with my sister for her camera. As off right now she's not here so I don't have the 32gb SD to try this tutorial, but I do have the old SD that came with the 3DS, but since its capacity is 4gb, I don't have all the digital games that my 32gb has.
    Can I use the 4gb SD for this exploit and then when I have the 32gb memory back use it too? Or should I just wait?