Hacking [Tutorial] For those unlucky to own a Japanese Wii U - How to play in English, problematic games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'm not sure how this works, but I found an update as well as a normal base game install for the usa version of woolly world:

1652424712096.png

as you can see, the update says 00 00, which might be how the system knows that an update exists as only the base game's version number is changed. I think as long as that's present, the system will try to get you to update the game. it might be dangerous to remove it, so I would just leave it, change your version in the 00050000 to 00 20, which is version 32 (what I'm on), then try to update through usb helper or something. I see no indication that a version 64 exists.

Reactions: sl3ge

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
alright, I'm not sure how this works, but I found an update as well as a normal base game install for the usa version of woolly world:

View attachment 309780

as you can see, the update says 00 00, which might be how the system knows that an update exists as only the base game's version number is changed. I think as long as that's present, the system will try to get you to update the game. it might be dangerous to remove it, so I would just leave it, change your version in the 00050000 to 00 20, which is version 32 (what I'm on), then try to update through usb helper or something. I see no indication that a version 64 exists.

Just some update,
I off tiramisu auto boot & successfully update to 5.5.5j,
then wup install yoshi jap, run and it auto update,
then i swap language file from us.
now succesful run in us.
Thanks

• Love
Reactions: godreborn

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any fix for games like Lucadian Chronicles that are NA only? On a EUR system it kicks you out with a connection error (Pinball Arcade does something similar, but it at least still works) I tried Spiik, but that just made the game hang.

MK333

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there a way to make wii sport club usa version to play on wii u japan? And also Batman

I tried this and I can boot into the main menu but the sport selection are greyed out (can't be selected), can't choose any of the sports game tennis, volleyball etc.

My workaround is to install Wii Sports Club Lite (only JP version exist), and then inject the English files from Wii Sports Club. The game now is in English..... However since the original English version is from the full version, there will be some notifications at the beginning that is empty (since those are nonexistent in Lite version). Just keep pressing A and eventually you will enter the main menu with 3 sports selection.

Attachments

• photo_2022-06-24_23-47-21.jpg
    photo_2022-06-24_23-47-21.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 72

Hyde86

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello Everyone i'm new here.
Sorry for my bad english, just wanna ask,
My Wii U always got freeze on loading screen when i played 'ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red' whatever version i installed (JAP, USA, EUR)
Is there any way to fix this?
btw My Wii U console is Japan ver.

Thank You

ProtossEvo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does the "CHANGES LANGUAGE" list mean these games need to replace files from English version?
He meant that, despite of being USA version, if played in a Japanese Wii U, they switch language automatically to Japanese. At least one of the games can be reverted to English by the game option menu itself, like Devil's Third. Others probably remain in Japanese and don't have a language options.

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
anyone knows how to translate Minecraft from JAP to EU or ES?
I change Mario Kart 8 but i cant find the minecraft files to change.

Last edited by x_ght,

NoNoNomo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
anyone knows how to translate Minecraft from JAP to EU or ES?
I change Mario Kart 8 but i cant find the minecraft files to change.
download the US version. You can change the language inside the game setting. First select (遊び方&オプション) then select (設定) then (ゲームオプション) then select (言語) last select (英語)

now your minecraft should be in English

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
download the US version. You can change the language inside the game setting. First select (遊び方&オプション) then select (設定) then (ゲームオプション) then select (言語) last select (英語)

now your minecraft should be in English
thank you so much

gbonifa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't get the Pikmin 3 and Pokken updates to work at all. There's language files in those that need to be changed too. Pikmin 3 works without the update while Pokken gets to the spinning wheel and just stops loading. I can get back to the main Wii U menu though.
Any luck with Pikmin 3?

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Any luck with Pikmin 3?
I made it this way:
1. Download JAP version (game,dlc,upd) install on the wiiU
2. Download USA VERSION (game dlc upd) or the files necessaries (Wii U Usb Helper have the option to dowload spicific files). Generally are .mbst o .szs i think, dowload the language that you want.
3. Replace the JAP files of the Wiiu installation with FTPiu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone knows how to change language to Batman Arkham City?

NoNoNomo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I made it this way:
1. Download JAP version (game,dlc,upd) install on the wiiU
2. Download USA VERSION (game dlc upd) or the files necessaries (Wii U Usb Helper have the option to dowload spicific files). Generally are .mbst o .szs i think, dowload the language that you want.
3. Replace the JAP files of the Wiiu installation with FTPiu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone knows how to change language to Batman Arkham City?
can you be more specific?

kalot

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I recommend checking out the new Aroma environment. It can co-exist with tiramisu and comes with a useful plugin called region_free_plugin. With it, I have successfully booted up and run us version of Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Paper Mario Color Splash, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Party 10 on my Japanese wii u, although i have to admit that I only run maybe 15-20 minutes of these titles instead of hours of playthrough.

The only catch is I have to install the game via homebrew installer in tiramisu and switch to Aroma to play them. Also, my injected GameCube games do not run Aroma, but they still work well tiramisu.

However, I still feel that this solution could be a godsend for us jp wii u owners despite the abovementioned flaws. Hope it helps you out.

cpkoywk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know a way to force English on Virtual Console Wii games? I injected wii game RE Umbrella Chronicles but it always runs as Japanese version Biohazard on my Japanese tiramisu modded wiiu. Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free