Tutorial [Tutorial] Export your Pokémon animated models from Nintendo Switch to Unity Engine

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not sure if you can help me, but 3dsMax keeps crashing everytime I try to import the .smd animations. So I'm kinda sad and I don't know how to fix it :'(
Export again the animations. 3ds max crashes if some bones are null. If that doesn’t work, check the animation in a text editor and try changing the dots for commas (or reverse) to try if its a bad export due to decimals

OrionAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i didn't find any proops (pokemon league) precisely in the arena when you fight

EDIT : I found it ! On [\bin\field] you can found any field ! & on archive you find any objects !
EDIT : I can found, any textures on [bin\archive\]

Last edited by OrionAlpha,

OrionAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Last edited by OrionAlpha,

Darkann

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm kind of struggling to have a good result in Unreal Engine, and I think it just has to do with ambiant occlusion, emissive and roughness texture maps.

Could you explain which file should be used for which aspect of the material ? For example, I'm guessing the _amb files are about the Ambiant Occlusion. But do I have to use exaclty one color channel ? And how do the normal maps work ?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by Darkann,

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain

Lyloloq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to get the pokemon models and animation, I also found the monsterball model but didn't find any animation, only a reference to them, do you know anything about it?

unit_obj_monsterball01_ballput.gfbanm
unit_obj_monsterball01_wait.gfbanm

Also, thanks for your contribution!

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
I was able to get the pokemon models and animation, I also found the monsterball model but didn't find any animation, only a reference to them, do you know anything about it?

unit_obj_monsterball01_ballput.gfbanm
unit_obj_monsterball01_wait.gfbanm

Also, thanks for your contribution!

Open the ball gfbmdl and then the gfbanm. It should try to apply the animation to the models rigging

ChocoFactory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, really helpful. I have a question: I'm looking to get a model of my in-game trainer with the same hair cut, clothes, etc... I see that each clothing option is a separate model, how would I assemble all parts into one model? I also need the trainer animations.

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for this, really helpful. I have a question: I'm looking to get a model of my in-game trainer with the same hair cut, clothes, etc... I see that each clothing option is a separate model, how would I assemble all parts into one model? I also need the trainer animations.

Import all meshes into your character and export the FBX (in case of SWSH). Let's go just swap textures.

ChocoFactory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Import all meshes into your character and export the FBX (in case of SWSH). Let's go just swap textures.

I'm using SWSH, also I noticed that the colored clothing options aren't a separate model, the game somehow applies a color to the base white model, for example this file: p2_lgw0003_00_8tights.gfpak is the base tight jeans model (female), I specifically want the black/grey version of this jeans, do you have any idea how to get it? Thanks in advance.

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
I'm using SWSH, also I noticed that the colored clothing options aren't a separate model, the game somehow applies a color to the base white model, for example this file: p2_lgw0003_00_8tights.gfpak is the base tight jeans model (female), I specifically want the black/grey version of this jeans, do you have any idea how to get it? Thanks in advance.

you need to handle that by making custom shaders

BakaCirno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you for this article! Blender has a big problem in import animations from toolbox (. SMD). It is not compatible with the normal model (. BAE) exported before. 3DMAX has not been used before. It seems that we have to try this time. But I'm thinking about importing models and animations into blender through 3DMAX. Can they be used normally? My English is not very good, please forgive me...

A few days ago, I tried to put the animation (. SMD) exported from toolbox into noise first, then export it into other formats, and then import it into blender. The situation is not as bad as importing blender directly, but the position of the upper and lower body of the skeleton is staggered

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you for this article! Blender has a big problem in import animations from toolbox (. SMD). It is not compatible with the normal model (. BAE) exported before. 3DMAX has not been used before. It seems that we have to try this time. But I'm thinking about importing models and animations into blender through 3DMAX. Can they be used normally? My English is not very good, please forgive me...

A few days ago, I tried to put the animation (. SMD) exported from toolbox into noise first, then export it into other formats, and then import it into blender. The situation is not as bad as importing blender directly, but the position of the upper and lower body of the skeleton is staggered

That's actually not true. Blender is completely compatible with .DAE. The problem is there's no proper importer (as Toolbox exports animation in a way only the 3DS Max script fix).

This guide has 3DS Max as option for importing (and it's the recommended one).

BakaCirno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's actually not true. Blender is completely compatible with .DAE. The problem is there's no proper importer (as Toolbox exports animation in a way only the 3DS Max script fix).

This guide has 3DS Max as option for importing (and it's the recommended one).

good morning! As you said, my blender imported good models and bones from toolbox (. DAE)

But the problem with the action data(.smd) is similar to what happened in the following picture (picture 3).
It looks like the axis is misaligned and there is a problem with the position of the upper and lower body
I'll try 3DMAX again today. Thank you
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: I think watching these movies just raises the risk of depression